TWU-IAM Finally Getting Ready for JCBA Negotiations

NYer said:

30 years of failure to get rid of what you believe to be the worst union in the history of spoken language. That's not a proud legacy. =/
Man, you will defend the TWU at any cost, won't you? Maybe if you were an AMT you might understand the distaste for the bus union. But then again, being fleet service, you have done alright by the TWU.

MetalMover said:
Man, you will defend the TWU at any cost, won't you? Maybe if you were an AMT you might understand the distaste for the bus union. But then again, being fleet service, you have done alright by the TWU.

Pointing out the failure of 30 years trying to make a change in no way is an endorsement of the TWU.

NYer said:

Pointing out the failure of 30 years trying to make a change in no way is an endorsement of the TWU.
Change is never easy when the TWU has been able to have TULE carry ANY vote THEIR way to the traditional size of their voting bloc. With regards to AMFA, they have managed to instill fear into mechanics at the base that AMFA would throw the base to the curb in exchange for a better contract.  Add in TWU supporters at line stations and it never was easy. When we almost had it, the TWU and the company managed to have dead and retired and once-mechanic turned management people added to the list.
But the one point that you fail to understand is that we have wanted the TWU gone for 30 years.....Don't you think we would've given up, after, say 10 years? 15? 20, 25 years????? When we try to explain to you why we want them out, your typical response is we have been trying to for 30 years.....
Instead you and other TWU supporters should be asking WHY HAVE WE BEEN TRYING FOR 30 YEARS?

Oh, I forgot, you really don't care what us mechanics do.

NYer said:

30 years of failure to get rid of what you believe to be the worst union in the history of spoken language. That's not a proud legacy. =/

I don't regret one minute of it.  Not a proud legacy?  Would you really consider being a TWU supporter a proud legacy?  I can't even bring myself to wear their T-shirts under my uniform shirt - it's an embarrassment.

NYer said:

I guess the Line AMT's took a vote, right? I imagine that lawsuit was not filed until after there was a vote by the Members to OK that move. Right?

Well, thats one good thing about having one big line local.

Vortilon said:

I don't regret one minute of it.  Not a proud legacy?  Would you really consider being a TWU supporter a proud legacy?  I can't even bring myself to wear their T-shirts under my uniform shirt - it's an embarrassment.
I won't even clean my 2nd Amendment rights with the TWU logo T-Shirts, it might tarnish my guns with corruption....

MetalMover said:
Change is never easy when the TWU has been able to have TULE carry ANY vote THEIR way to the traditional size of their voting bloc. With regards to AMFA, they have managed to instill fear into mechanics at the base that AMFA would throw the base to the curb in exchange for a better contract.  Add in TWU supporters at line stations and it never was easy. When we almost had it, the TWU and the company managed to have dead and retired and once-mechanic turned management people added to the list.
But the one point that you fail to understand is that we have wanted the TWU gone for 30 years.....Don't you think we would've given up, after, say 10 years? 15? 20, 25 years????? When we try to explain to you why we want them out, your typical response is we have been trying to for 30 years.....
Instead you and other TWU supporters should be asking WHY HAVE WE BEEN TRYING FOR 30 YEARS?

Oh, I forgot, you really don't care what us mechanics do.

A minority of mechanics trying to take the majority on a ride they have decided over the last 30 years they don't want to make. Instead of the minority acknowledging they're the minority, they just choose to blame absolutely everyone under the sun as to their own failures in making the changes they want.

You can try to sugarcoat that failure and you can try to blame others, but the truth is that you've been the minority all this time. One day you may become the majority, but that seems to be destined to happen because of attrition rather than convincing a larger percentage to take part of the shotgun wedding some desire so much.

Good luck to you, but it seems you've wasted 7 months in not getting cards signed to finally achieve your goals. I guess complaining about what you can't get is better than to continue to work towards that goal.

Why over the last 30 years has the majority wanted to hold the mechanics under their wing?

NYer said:
A minority of mechanics trying to take the majority on a ride they have decided over the last 30 years they don't want to make. Instead of the minority acknowledging they're the minority, they just choose to blame absolutely everyone under the sun as to their own failures in making the changes they want.

You can try to sugarcoat that failure and you can try to blame others, but the truth is that you've been the minority all this time. One day you may become the majority, but that seems to be destined to happen because of attrition rather than convincing a larger percentage to take part of the shotgun wedding some desire so much.

Good luck to you, but it seems you've wasted 7 months in not getting cards signed to finally achieve your goals. I guess complaining about what you can't get is better than to continue to work towards that goal.
And for 30 years the twu has used its own members dues to fight a democratic vote! Why is that? Why doesnt the twu encourage a vote to put all this to rest?

scorpion 2 said:
And for 30 years the twu has used its own members dues to fight a democratic vote! Why is that? Why doesnt the twu encourage a vote to put all this to rest?
Control of the political process through a closed shop is the only way they can even try to win. The TWU.IAM Association will be based on this very process. 

NYer said:

Said the TWU supporting baggage handler to the AMTs.   You know whats best for the AMTs right?  "Never mind what the TWU has done to you in the past, and how they screwed up your future."   

Vortilon said:

Said the TWU supporting baggage handler to the AMTs.   You know whats best for the AMTs right?  "Never mind what the TWU has done to you in the past, and how they screwed up your future."   

Apparently, the majority of AMT's have decided for decades what's best for them and AMFA, AMP or the IBT weren't it.

scorpion 2 said:

Get the cards and you won't need help from anyone else, especially the despicable and untrustworthy TWU, to help you get what you want. Why rely on them? Luckily, your fate is in your own hands and under your own control.

Go get it. You've had 7 months to get cards to force another choice on the ballot.

NYer said:
Get the cards and you won't need help from anyone else, especially the despicable and untrustworthy TWU, to help you get what you want. Why rely on them? Luckily, your fate is in your own hands and under your own control.

Go get it. You've had 7 months to get cards to force another choice on the ballot.
So now your saying there is going to be a ballot?

Back