TWU-IAM Finally Getting Ready for JCBA Negotiations

NYer said:

Apparently, the majority of AMT's have decided for decades what's best for them and AMFA, AMP or the IBT weren't it.

Again, you have no idea of what you're talking about.  AMTs support the AMFA by far.  It's the easily influenced, scared "and relateds" that have always diluted the true AMT vote.

The TWU especially 514 and the International, has used fear and intimidation and at times outright lying to coerce it's members, especially in Tulsa to the point of causing a division between Overhaul and the Line. Now the Line is becoming larger than the maintenance bases and is starting to push back. The only thing left to do is try to convince the NMB to grant their request for the Association, using the same tactics. If I were any of you I would be in fear of my AA pension. 

1AA said:
So now your saying there is going to be a ballot?

If you worked towards getting cards signed, an alternative would have been on the ballot with Association, No Union and Write-In.

The more you spend time on these pages and not getting cards signed the less likely you'll be able to reach your goal. This time the inability of not getting your choice as an option will be written up as laziness in the long history of failures to force change. 

Go get them cards signed. There should be no excuses as there has been plenty of time to secure the necessary cards. (especially since the feelings for change is supposed to be overwhelming)

Buck said:
The TWU especially 514 and the International, has used fear and intimidation and at times outright lying to coerce it's members, especially in Tulsa to the point of causing a division between Overhaul and the Line. Now the Line is becoming larger than the maintenance bases and is starting to push back. The only thing left to do is try to convince the NMB to grant their request for the Association, using the same tactics. If I were any of you I would be in fear of my AA pension. 

Let see if I understand. The point of this post is to advise us of the coercion and especially the lies told by the International in order to scare away change. Right?

Then the paragraph ends with, "I would be in fear of my AA pension," which I guess is what would happen is the Association becomes a reality. =/

So in a nutshell...The International fear tactics is bad, the opposition fear tactics is good?

Vortilon said:

Again, you have no idea of what you're talking about.  AMTs support the AMFA by far.  It's the easily influenced, scared "and relateds" that have always diluted the true AMT vote.

Oh. Sorry. All AMT's are in full support of AMFA...It's the "related" portion of the Title Group that is keeping everyone down.

Too bad the "related" outnumber the true AMT, because if they didn't you math seems to indicate it would be a slam dunk to go AMFA. Go figure.

NYer said:

Let see if I understand. The point of this post is to advise us of the coercion and especially the lies told by the International in order to scare away change. Right?

Then the paragraph ends with, "I would be in fear of my AA pension," which I guess is what would happen is the Association becomes a reality. =/

So in a nutshell...The International fear tactics is bad, the opposition fear tactics is good?
The TWU, whether Local 514 in my opinion, or the International's goal is to maintain as many members as it can even at the cost of comparable wages and benefits of AMT's at other airlines.
While maintaining this high employment our mechanics contracts have been industry substandard, but more people are employed. Scaring away change? There has been no real change, are you satisfied with being the lowest compensated AMT in the industry? Of course there are those hear that accuse you of being a member of another Title or Class and Craft? so therefore it would not matter whether you care where the AMT lands...  The Fear Tactics is just the method the TWU uses, similar to forcing membership through the Closed Shop model, why should they use either? If the Union is performing why not make unionism voluntary? And Yes in my opinion by joining or forcing to become members of the Association places any compensation discussed behind closed doors ( negotiations ) at risk, the IAM nearly RED pension fund is just the current example.

NYer said:

Oh. Sorry. All AMT's are in full support of AMFA...It's the "related" portion of the Title Group that is keeping everyone down.

Too bad the "related" outnumber the true AMT, because if they didn't you math seems to indicate it would be a slam dunk to go AMFA. Go figure.

Do you comprehend what you read?  I said the the easily influenced and or scared for their job types.  Those are the ones that are the TWU's target audience, and that includes some AMTs.  Thankfully those types are seeing the TWU for what they really are....  Change will be coming.

Buck said:
The TWU, whether Local 514 in my opinion, or the International's goal is to maintain as many members as it can even at the cost of comparable wages and benefits of AMT's at other airlines.
While maintaining this high employment our mechanics contracts have been industry substandard, but more people are employed. Scaring away change? There has been no real change, are you satisfied with being the lowest compensated AMT in the industry? Of course there are those hear that accuse you of being a member of another Title or Class and Craft? so therefore it would not matter whether you care where the AMT lands...  The Fear Tactics is just the method the TWU uses, similar to forcing membership through the Closed Shop model, why should they use either? If the Union is performing why not make unionism voluntary? And Yes in my opinion by joining or forcing to become members of the Association places any compensation discussed behind closed doors ( negotiations ) at risk, the IAM nearly RED pension fund is just the current example.
Let's work towards the goal of class and craft. Sign the petition and forward to others. Anyone can sign that supports our cause. http://www.petition2congress.com/17114/airline-maintenance-safety

I know it's been awhile since I checked in here. Just wanted to congratulate the AMFA supporters on their successful card drive.

Oh I'm sorry, nevermind. Carry on.

Vortilon said:

Do you comprehend what you read?  I said the the easily influenced and or scared for their job types.  Those are the ones that are the TWU's target audience, and that includes some AMTs.  Thankfully those types are seeing the TWU for what they really are....  Change will be coming.
Hope you are correct here when you state Change will be coming.  

WeAAsles said:
I know it's been awhile since I checked in here. Just wanted to congratulate the AMFA supporters on their successful card drive.
Oh I'm sorry, nevermind. Carry on.
We treat you like a dick because you act like a dick

Buck said:

Uh-huh. Get those cards signed. If the majority feels as you do then you can force a change. If not, then you can also voluntarily go to an employer than does not have a union and therefore you can exercise your voluntary wishes of whether to be or not be in a union shop. You can also go to another airline or work environment that will afford you the compensation and benefits you are lacking.

Two fold...you can gain what you believe is out there and at the same time you can take same minded people and strip the TWU of those dues. A double whammy. Go for it.

Back