TWU one line local for maint.

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Has anybody heard the lastest, the twu intl exec.wants one local for line maint. WTF!!

How is this going to benefit US?
How are we going to have a say at are station?
How will we vote on anything?
How and where will are meetings be?

We will have no say at are stations WTF!!!!

Not to worry. Every time the TWU tries to make improvements it only pisses the membership off. Logistically it can not be done. Will not happen anytime soon.
One President for the line stations? Or should I say Dictator. An extension of the TWU appointed representative.

Another diversion to try to kill the AMFA drive. The Teamsters drive is failing miserably. So now it is this rumor of promise to improve membership moral.
Once we get a representational election going and vote the TWU out all this nonsense will be over. Then we can focus on real issues.

Reactions: 1 person
http://www.twubkfacts.org/home/tabid/1494/ctl/detail/mid/3063/itemid/613/line-local-reorganization.aspx

All I can say is wow
Hey bet they didn't see the DWH TUL merge to keep that base local strong BAHAAHAA

are they going to fly us to the new local for the meetings wtf

I want my local here where i can talk to someone face to face

Declining membership at individual Locals will drive down dues revenue and therefore the

ability to fund the added officer wage cost and existing representation costs will impact the

representation the members receive

all about dues

Tulsa recovers lose dues from DWH and 567.
All the line stations are one.
Elections coming next month? No details worked out yet.
So how does the Roll call vote affect the line stations?
That was used by Tulsa as their ace in the hole.
This is happening too fast. No details on how this will address local issues.

Sign those AMFA cards boys. We are about to get screwed again.

Reactions: 2 people
Tulsa recovers lose dues from DWH and 567.
All the line stations are one.
Elections coming next month? No details worked out yet.

This plan was concocted by the IEC, who is on the IEC? NOT ONE OFFICE HOLDING AMT, so Fleet service Clerks and three Ex-maint Presidents decided whats to happen to Line AMTs and Title II.

The Line Maint Presidents had no say in this.

Hopefully they rethink what they are doing, I like the idea of a single Local but IMO this plan is a deliberate attempt to make things worse. At the next round of negotiations there could be just two AMTs and 11 Fleet service Clerks deciding what we vote on.

are they going to fly us to the new local for the meetings wtf

I want my local here where i can talk to someone face to face

Declining membership at individual Locals will drive down dues revenue and therefore the

ability to fund the added officer wage cost and existing representation costs will impact the

representation the members receive

all about dues

In the meantime locals like DCA, DTW and BNA remain for Fleet. Local 567 has more money than at least 5 of the Fleet locals, combines, but its not financially viable.

This plan was concocted by the IEC, who is on the IEC? NOT ONE OFFICE HOLDING AMT, so Fleet service Clerks and three Ex-maint Presidents decided whats to happen to Line AMTs and Title II.

The Line Maint Presidents had no say in this.

Hopefully they rethink what they are doing, I like the idea of a single Local but IMO this plan is a deliberate attempt to make things worse. At the next round of negotiations there could be just two AMTs and 11 Fleet service Clerks deciding what we vote on.

Just like it was before separate locals. Fleet ran everything and Tulsa ran Maintenance. What a concept. We really need to get the hell out of this union. They have proven that it is all about the money.

This should kick up the AMFA drive as soon as word of this gets out tomorrow.

11 to 2 we are screwed it will be worse than tule running things . gald I got the early out good riddens

Reactions: 1 person
11 to 2 we are screwed it will be worse than tule running things . gald I got the early out good riddens
We still have separate contracts and can have separate negotiations. So two locals and two presidents. Isn't that what Bob wanted?