TWU says a NO Vote will sell TUL

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
That's funny. We had the dog and pony show at JFK with the Director Of Maintenance and among the many things he said was that AA pays $35,000,000.00 per year for AFW and only $1,000,000.00 per year for MCIE.
This leads me to believe that AFW is history anyway.

The Local 514 officers are stating that the company will close TUL if this TA is voted down.

When asked to provide documentation, they can provide none.

Below are the terms of the concessions that the Company would have sought in bankruptcy pursuant to 1113©. When compared to the consensual concessions agreed upon between
the TWU and AA, what would have been filed in a bankruptcy court would have had a much greater impact on the membership.

Scope

Outsource Title II Classifications
(facilities/automotive mechanics, plant maintenance, & building cleaning)
M&E 21
DCS & MCLA 44
Outsource Building/Cabin Cleaners and Utility 1
M&E Base Title I outsourcing (Close AFW, MCI, APU, Composities, TAESL, TEO)

Where does the company state it is closing TUL?

I heard from a friend at AFW, and he says management is warning them that if they vote this down, AFW and MCIE will be closed.
Nice gun to your head tactics. You''ve just got to love this Company.

Another funny.

Tulsa Base Maintenenace has been braggin about being considreably under budget.

Why sell that which a bean counter knows is effecient?

Clearly management is praying for a NO vote from the mechanics. This is their one opportunity to get out of the maint business. But I doubt they will entirely close Tulsa. In addition to the stated closures I think they will get rid of one Narrow body hanger and one Wide Body. I think the Cam buildings days are numbered as well. This will leave them with enough space to do things like Light C''s and occasional Mods.