TWU sends Back proposals!

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Directors update 03-04-03

As I communicated in my update yesterday...

As I communicated in my update yesterday, the Company submitted its first proposal for modifications of our collective bargaining agreements. Under the terms of the Bankruptcy Code, we must deal in good faith with proposals for modifications necessary to permit the reorganization of the debtor.â€￾ We are prepared to do this. We are not required, however, to deal with laundry lists that go beyond the statutory requirement. That is what we received from the Company.

The Company asserted in their proposal that our advisors and consultants have concluded that the company requires the $620 million relief. Our consultants and advisors have concluded that the company does need relief, but have not yet confirmed the specific amount. We have; therefore, sent back yesterday''s proposal to the Company and told them that we are prepared to entertain proposals that respond to the above requirement. When and if the Company provides such a proposal, we will bring in our Presidents and our Bargaining Committees and deal in good faith.

Sincerely and fraternally,

James C. Little
Director Air Transport Division
International Administrative Vice President
Basically, the TWU wants clarification and justification before they agrree on concessions!

[blockquote]
----------------
Our consultants and advisors have concluded that the company does need relief, but have not yet confirmed the specific amount. We have; therefore, sent back yesterday's proposal to the Company and told them that we are prepared to entertain proposals that respond to the above requirement.

----------------
[/blockquote]

If the unions own advisors and consultants haven't determined a specific ammount,how can they send the company proposal back with this statement?

[blockquote]
----------------

And told them that we are prepared to entertain proposals that respond to the above requirement.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Thanks for the Kool Aid Reverend Jim...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/5/2003 11:29:07 AM LGA Fleet Service wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
Our consultants and advisors have concluded that the company does need relief, but have not yet confirmed the specific amount. We have; therefore, sent back yesterday's proposal to the Company and told them that we are prepared to entertain proposals that respond to the above requirement.

----------------
[/blockquote]

If the unions own advisors and consultants haven't determined a specific ammount,how can they send the company proposal back with this statement?

[blockquote]
----------------

And told them that we are prepared to entertain proposals that respond to the above requirement.

----------------
[/blockquote]

they probably found copy of the check AMR paid the Las Colinas Country Club in Dallas to renew corporate executives' membership last January. it was just a mere drop in the Bucket, $400,000. this way they can continue to play golf anytime they want to, driving to the club in their leased Mercedes Benzes. yeah, let all the workgroups take concessions so we can continue to protect the vested interest and golf handicaps of these executives.

I for one did not expect any union to jump on with the first of "publicly recognized" exchange-did you? The politics would be all wrong-and there is alot at stake..and everyone on pins and needles..with all the trust and hope there is in the union leadership..I hope the dance is short and sweet...and the fate of EAL remains in the corner of their minds thru all this....

I don't usually get into the fray on these issues, but I have personally witnessed the low morals of the IAM when trying to get the rank and file to follow their ideals.
So now it's a different Union, but the same "don't give them an inch" philosophy is still there.
I watched EAL, PAA, WAL, TWA get scuttled by outside sources, but mortally wounded by the unionized insiders.
Is AA going to go the same route? I would suggest a long, hard look at the future of a bankrupt AA because those employees who could have contributed to helping save their airline decided to come to work instead and just sit around and collect some pay.
I spent 30 years in the airline biz, but got out when I could sense what was coming. Give me my marbles now, I don't want to fight for them later!
Please be realistic and put yourself in the position of the employees at UAL and US. You can certainly get into their situation but it's almost impossible to extricate yourself because then the courts make the decisions.
I certainly don't advocate giving away the farm, but release some of the stock and the harvest to give the ground a chance to renew itself.
Like the the most common saying these days on BB's, and an alternative, "You want fries with that?"