Machinists Meeting With Airways Update

Utility is part of the Mechanic and Related Contract, not Fleet Service.

Question for IAM...

item 7. All sta except BOS LGA DCA PIT CLT PHL & FLL will convert to Mainline Express. -Employees affected by a reduction in force- in cities converting to mainline express will have the options to:
1. accept an available express position within their location or
2. bid for a vacancy in another location or
3. accept furlough

What if there will not be a reduction in the work force in your city. Will furlough still be available? Will there be severance pay?

As for me...NO thanks...shut her down and let me draw unemployement while I am looking another job.

If I understand this correctly. Everyone working in a city besides the 7 listed will become Mainline/Express and drop to $12.65 an hour.
Also did you catch the part concerning catering ? It can be outsourced at all locations.
There is no way this could possibly pass a vote. :down:

totobird said:
Also did you catch the part concerning catering ? It can be outsourced at all locations.
[post="194862"][/post]​

Under Scope all the FSA functions can be outsourced.

This will never pass.

This was written by the company as to their specific wants and desires. This was not written to pass a vote. They know it will not. They know they have gotten everything so desired by the judge. It is like greed they has gone into overkill.

What percentage of flights will be delayed tomorrow?

Anyone want to hazzard a guess?

I would expect something to hit the fan long before the Holidays IMHO.

unit4clt said:
It is very obvious the company does NOT want to remain in business very long with proposals like this.
[post="194780"][/post]​

IMO the only thing obvious is that the company wants to eliminate the IAM. Am I right or wrong on this?
They presented an offer that they know you have to refuse [godfather reversed] and thereby puts the dues checkoff article at great risk. It would seem that that would be the final nail in the coffin of the infamous IAM [See Continental].

Who knows, perhaps it also puts your company out of business like you suggested.

regards,

unit4clt said:
It is very obvious the company does NOT want to remain in business very long with proposals like this.
[post="194780"][/post]​
willl you people step back and take a deep breath??
this was an opener proposal and it is the basis for further negotiations...
believe it or not this is how neg's start............. negotiations from here on out hopefully will improve our situation ...but believe it, they will still be draconian....and in the event that a t/a is rejected,you can expect this first proposal to be tendered to judge mitchell for imposition.
we are not in the normal negotiating mode as during normal contract neg's...we can reject and "go back for a better proposal"....we're here and this it. take it or leave it...support your union to get you the best package they can....

The company has no intention of "negotiating". They now are in the Demand mode and if they dont get it...they will go to the judge and plead poverty and explain to him that this company will fail if the unions do not submit to the demands. It's just plain corporate greed. What a bunch of thieves and carpetbaggers.

Well said delldude, these are not times that any group is in the negotiating drivers seat. Those who try to be will have the conditions imposed by the judge.

Unions would be best served at this point to get an agreement, and be here in 5 years to be in a position to claw back...and along the way participate in profit sharing (assuming their is one).

delldude said:
willl you people step back and take a deep breath??
this was an opener proposal and it is the basis for further negotiations...
believe it or not this is how neg's start............. negotiations from here on out hopefully will improve our situation ...but believe it, they will still be draconian....and in the event that a t/a is rejected,you can expect this first proposal to be tendered to judge mitchell for imposition.
we are not in the normal negotiating mode as during normal contract neg's...we can reject and "go back for a better proposal"....we're here and this it. take it or leave it...support your union to get you the best package they can....
[post="194929"][/post]​

Latest posts