Machinists Meeting With Airways Update

delldude said:
this was an opener proposal and it is the basis for further negotiations...
[post="194929"][/post]​
YES EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. DREAM ON DUDE.

Delldude,
The company has not negotiated anything during their latest round of concessions.Why do you think they would start now? The proposal that was given to customer service is as bad or worse than the one that was offered in July.They have not budged from that position. Use your head.Apparantly you haven't looked at the proposal yet.This contract is not for five years.It expires on 12/31/2011.That sure looks like seven years to me. Just the outsourcing provisions alone are enough to kill this deal.

UseYourHead said:
Unions would be best served at this point to get an agreement, and be here in 5 years to be in a position to claw back...and along the way participate in profit sharing (assuming their is one).
[post="194938"][/post]​
Even though it's not much. I don't think USAirs unions will ever have more power then they do now. When new hires are hired to replace old timers they will be signing on for this agreement and won't have the same level of resentment about being forced to work under it.

The company has not negotiated anything during their latest round of concessions.Why do you think they would start now?
because when they got their 1113e and have to negotite by law the rules changed.can't you figure it out?why do you think they put up the pressure to settle before they filed for relief?? they held the cards before 1113e and didn't have to budge...now both sides have to show the judge the ability to compromise...now they both answer to the judge.....
if the company fails to neg in good faith,the IAM contract stands..
if the union fails to neg in good faith the contract's abrogated....
the law provides a no win scenario for both sides....its that simple.
still it won't be palatable for either side....

Delldude

Get your head out of the sand, USAIR management has no intention of negotiating ANYTHING with any of the employee groups. If they don't get a yes vote they will ask the judge to kill the contracts. If they do and he grants that, hopefully he won't stop you from seeking self help and put this monster out of it's misery.

mrfish3726 said:
Delldude

Get your head out of the sand, USAIR management has no intention of negotiating ANYTHING with any of the employee groups. If they don't get a yes vote they will ask the judge to kill the contracts. If they do and he grants that, hopefully he won't stop you from seeking self help and put this monster out of it's misery.
[post="194970"][/post]​
thats the way it is rico.....
as for accepting / rejecting a t/a...thats up to the union groups...
stay tuned...time will tell.
yall have a nice day,ya hear?

delldude said:
still it won't be palatable for either side....
[post="194965"][/post]​

That is the understatement of the century dude.

Acceptable or agreeable is an impossibility given what's required for this company to survive and why I have been saying it will not survive, at least not with the malcontented self ordained genius unions leaders who are the epitome of arrogance. These union leaders believe they are genies that somehow can kiss the boo boo's and make them go away. I heard one union talking head in the media saying management needs an epiphany! What a friggin whack job we have as our representatives in such dire times which is only another added cement block to a sinking company.

Two sides in different universes spells liquidation.

Oh how unfair, they are crooks, they are from hell, "like I have been accused for not being one of the enlightened ones", bad faith bargaining, on and on.

Wake up people, this is NOT bargaining, it's either do or die for this very sick company that is literally on life support. It's beyond the sugar coated sayings of "tough choices"! It's do or die and for many if they want it dead, no longer willing to work in such circumstances. How do I know? From employees actions of refusing to believe what lays before them, the loss of their jobs. It’s way beyond whose fault, you either want a job at U or you don't, that is your only real and “sadâ€￾ choice.

N628AU said:
The IAM and our professionals are examining the proposal to determine their necessity and potential impact on the membership.

Their necessity? Obviously everyone looking at this company from the outside including the judge feels reductions are necessary, or else he would not have imposed the temporaary cuts or called the company a "ticking financial time bomb".

Separately, the IAM today filed a motion in bankruptcy court for reconsideration of the court's October 15, 2004 order granting US Airways interim relief from collective bargaining agreements.

The magnitude of wage reductions and duration of interim relief granted US Airways is unjustified. By allowing the company to subcontract our members’ work and reduce pension contributions, the court has improperly granted US Airways permanent relief without allowing the formal negotiations and information sharing required by law.

One thing I notice is that the IAM always puts out these memos as if they are fact, rather than opinion. The above statement should be prefaced with something like "The IAM believes...", or, "In the IAM's opinion...".
[post="194718"][/post]​
What you highlight, is what I refer to as...... BLAH!!, BLAH!!!, BLAH!!!!... By the IAM!! Their nuts are in a bind, and they STILL sound like the SAME OLD recording!!! LMFAO!!! GOOD DAY!!!!

700UW said:
No you cannot stop paying dues, you can become a non-member, but you have to pay a fee germane to the collective bargaining agreement, if you choose that road, you lose your right to vote on a contract, strike, officers and representatives and you cannot attend meetings.

Each contract contains a union security clause, you do not pay your dues, the company will terminate you.

And Jetmech, the cwa and afa also got the 21%, if you were in the court room as I was, you would see the wonderful job the AFA, CWA and IAM attornies did, unfortunatly the deck is stacked against the unions.
[post="194748"][/post]​

Delldude,
I'd like to think you're right but I'm afraid the cards are stacked against the employees. The question is if the company is allowed to outsource at will,how many employees will be left after it's all said and done.

RedOne said:
Question for IAM...

item 7. All sta except BOS LGA DCA PIT CLT PHL & FLL will convert to Mainline Express. -Employees affected by a reduction in force- in cities converting to mainline express will have the options to:
1. accept an available express position within their location or
2. bid for a vacancy in another location or
3. accept furlough
What if there will not be a reduction in the work force in your city. Will furlough still be available? Will there be severance pay?

As for me...NO thanks...shut her down and let me draw unemployement while I am looking another job.
[post="194839"][/post]​
Understand THIS Toto, THIS is REALITY........700 LOVES to post his " FACTS "... These are the REAL facts..........Get out now while you can!!!!....Start over, however painful it may be.......there is life after U!!!!! Over the last 3 freaking years, NOTHING has happenned except heartache among the employees....WE have taken the brunt of U's "pain"!!! You think it is going to get better?? LMFAO!!! These band of fools have been trying to negotiate contracts??!!! We have a merry mix of bag smashers, mechanics,cleaners, who "know" how to run a company!!!!! Give me a break!! Your putting these people up against "real" lawyers!!! Not Levine, who back on the first concession told us" you better take this(after the 2ND!!!!! vote, or you will face worse)" Some people continue to try to "quote" this "supposed".....Attorney!!! Well I am guessing this is what Levine was talking about 2 YEARS AGO.... when she said worse!!!!! GOOD DAY!!!!!!

Over the last 3 freaking years, NOTHING has happenned except heartache among the employees....WE have taken the brunt of U's "pain"
i dunno about you , dude...but i've still managed to pay the light bill and keep gas in my car....
its been trying at times , but i've been here before in another steelworker life .

delldude said:
i dunno about you , dude...but i've still managed to pay the light bill and keep gas in my car....
its been trying at times , but i've been here before in another steelworker life .
[post="194998"][/post]​
Dell, don't start the "at least i have a job"...... Bullshit!!!!, and especially don't bring the " steel mill" mentality into it!!! You know what i'm saying......we have talked before!!!! Dont go there!! :angry: