Machinists Meeting With Airways Update

delldude said:
funny thing...i was down in the bunker and dusted off the old steel mill survival kit just last week.
[post="195002"][/post]​
dell, you know what i'm saying!!!! we have talked before...dont be sarcastic!!! i'm NOT putting down steelworkers!!!

delldude said:
funny thing...i was down in the bunker and dusted off the old steel mill survival kit just last week.
[post="195002"][/post]​
Speaking of steel..read in the paper today where steel is merging into a global industry with very rich barons controlling things while the retired steel workers work as guards at U and other places to 'help" pay for their prescriptions. Unfair world we live, for sure. The retirees are making the best of it without spitting bloody rage to anyone who will listen. It's called life and we all make the best of it with whatever we are dealt, or we go insane blaming everyone else within ear shot for our woes and do nothing to rectify it.

wait until dark
tonite the IAM mech and related "first blood proposal" should be out.
expect all the cronies who never go to union meetings (the uninformed) to be screaming bloody murder ..............conspiracy theories will be available........ time for another AMFA drive i suspect , maybe even a recount of LL1976 last election to boot.
all the anti-IAM clowns will be out in full force demanding the how's , when's and why's as to why it has come down to this...
reality check at 7:00 eastern possibly?
of course most willl run with the first proposal as gospel....
take two and call me in the morning......... :mf_boff:

I just had the opportunity to read the entire proposal to the IAM. This is not a proposal to save the company it is a proposal to get rid of our jobs. Plane and simple. Outsource catering.......outsource any department if it can be done cheaper. Not to mention cross utilization.
Are they crazy ?
The pay scale is the least of the concern here. The jobs will all be gone. :angry:

why should the mainline express employees have to give up more money after we took a severe hit last september. mainline express should be exempt. i also think that if the judge were to impose a horrendous contract such as this, there could be a mass exodus of employees say right around the holidays. would or should say could it happen liek that?

As I read this contract it looks like all cities will be mainline express or mainline
does anyone no when the layed off employees will be called back to stl btv day
avp bgm as mainline express. I glad to see that the IAM is getting the cities back
that were contracted out.

mrfish3726 said:
Delldude

Get your head out of the sand, USAIR management has no intention of negotiating ANYTHING with any of the employee groups. If they don't get a yes vote they will ask the judge to kill the contracts. If they do and he grants that, hopefully he won't stop you from seeking self help and put this monster out of it's misery.
[post="194970"][/post]​

Fish, that is the IAMs ace in the whole. A strike would kill the company. If the company is really serious about staying in business they will negotiate in good faith with IAM and give them a reasonable contract or its lights out. Where will they make up the $$$? From the butt boys (pilots) of course, who have no guts, no spine, and whose motto should be "thank you sir, can I have another"