Twu Solicits Help To Save All 3 Bases!

Steve Connell said:
Bob...you received less than you deserved..and so did Chuck...
And what do you base that on?

I went to MCI to talk to you guys. I was prepared to go face to face in your back yard to express my opinions. Are you prepared to do the same?

Any time you feel you are man enough come on up to NY Brother.

Steve Connell said:
Tony B...please post your local monthly meeting attendance.

Bob...you received less than you deserved..and so did Chuck...BTW..please advise all of Dan's outcome!
I heard Dan got life and in return the twu will get a life sentence early next year. Steve as a man of such integrity, why haven't you filed charges against all at that meeting. I see you talk highly of the gentlmen from Dallas, but is he not advocating the withdrawal from the twu? I believe that in about 2 weeks you will be out of time on the charges and should be subject to charges for not filing the charges. Or is it you are scared to go to DFW, TUL, and charge these men. :bleh: :stupid:

Bob, did you have an ulterior motive in coming to town that day? Was your agenda to pass out material to AMFA supporters? You knew you had their support before you got here.

Wasn't it a fact that you really wanted to see this base close so the line stations would see an increase in their work...build up your dynasty? Was it because Tulsa has always been a thorn in your side and now you had to put up with another base? This base would give Tulsa the extra power to vote against the line stations.

The eboard did what they thought was the right thing to do for their members...save the overhaul base and save jobs.

You say that we would have had system protection...what a laugh!
Your people want to see TWA disappear and with the closing of STL we are the only thing left. So do not think we will go down without a fight.
The Union is the only reason the TWA people at this base are still here working.

It may not mean much to you but it does to us.

This is a very interesting part of our contract, any work that AA keeps they keep because they want to keep it not because of our contract as the below clause clearly states.

" IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT NOTHING IN THIS ARTICLE GUARANTEES THE MAINTENANCE OF THE PRESENT VOLUME OF WORK"

Member:

If you truly believe that the membership of TWU Local 514 had any other plans then to place you on the bottom of the seniority list, you need to reevaluate you line of thinking. Had it not been for Allegheny-Mohawk provisions, you would have been trashed long ago.

In fact it was a small coalition of AMFA supporters that took a "dovetail" position.
If it came to MCI or TUL, believe what you will but it will be Local 514 calling the shots. I expect you to fight whether you go down or not. But your fight is not with Bob Owens or his local, it is with Local 514, it's memebrs and the International.

You appear to be new here, so do not misunderstand my position, I am a "Non-Member of the TWU", I am finished with them.

AMFABOY...you are definately with stupid as you advertise...that was never an issue. I did not file charges against anyone, or do you know something I don't....and Bobby...just what is man enough in NY? You?

Steve, what does my monthly attendance have to do with anything? Please spare us the bull about being able to make a diference and all the change from with in crap.
I stopped attending TWU meetings for the same reasons I stopped believing in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.
I STOPPED BELIEVING IN LIES AND FAIRY TALES[/COLOR]

:p TWU, AMERICAN'S ENFORCER :p

Steve, I almost forgot. Maybe you are smarter than Checking it Out and you can tell us all what...

"IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT NOTHING IN THIS ARTICLE GUARANTEES THE MAINTEANCE OF THE PRESENT VOLUME OF WORK"
...means.

:( TWU, WILL BEG IF PROVOKED! :(

:p Come on Steve, you have to do better than that. Present the facts, that's all. Save your third grade wit for when you go to Hooters on UB with the rest of your former IAM TWU posse. :p

:( PLEASE MR. ARPEY, DON'T SELL OFF ANY MAINTENANCE BASES OR WE WILL BE FORCED TO BEG SOME MORE! :(

Buck said:
Member:

If you truly believe that the membership of TWU Local 514 had any other plans then to place you on the bottom of the seniority list, you need to reevaluate you line of thinking. Had it not been for Allegheny-Mohawk provisions, you would have been trashed long ago.

In fact it was a small coalition of AMFA supporters that took a "dovetail" position.
If it came to MCI or TUL, believe what you will but it will be Local 514 calling the shots. I expect you to fight whether you go down or not. But your fight is not with Bob Owens or his local, it is with Local 514, it's memebrs and the International.

You appear to be new here, so do not misunderstand my position, I am a "Non-Member of the TWU", I am finished with them.
I do believe that the members of Local 514 wanted to staple us to the bottom and I despise them for that, but I don't think they wanted to see our base close like 562 did.
And it appears that the only people who knew they were coming were the amfa supporters and our ex-president.
Maybe the eboard did the right thing removing him.

The membership of Local 514 could care less if your base closed, as long as theirs remained open. If it were their TUL jobs at jeopardy, you would cease to exist. You know a thorn that much be plucked and thrown away. What this means is there is no solidarity between the TWU Locals, let alone on the TUL base alone. Until we as a profession gain this solidarity and regain any moral we had, we are done. The only way I see to gain these items is to create a system where all of the mechanics and their craft and class to form one union. The day we as a group cease to worry about a industrial system that places us in the minority, is the day we start our road to recovery. After all those outside of the mechanic craft class at American Airlines appear to have the best representation their dues can buy.

and Buck...do you truthfully believe that by electing AMFA as your bargaining agent you will see the locals combine as one? As long as you retain the same membership in the locals nothing will change...why do you suppose they are upset with the TWU currently? It's all about me me me me...and having AMFA on the door is NOT going to change the selfishness of the locals...or is Delle going to sprinkle union dust on the members.

BTW TonyB..I was not an IAM posse..but Hooters would be nice...send your $$$ to bay8..twilight...you think that our asking AA to do the right thing is begging? You need to get out of AMFABOY's dreamworld and initiate heterosexual relationships.

Buck said:
The membership of Local 514 could care less if your base closed, as long as theirs remained open. If it were their TUL jobs at jeopardy, you would cease to exist. You know a thorn that much be plucked and thrown away. What this means is there is no solidarity between the TWU Locals, let alone on the TUL base alone. Until we as a profession gain this solidarity and regain any moral we had, we are done. The only way I see to gain these items is to create a system where all of the mechanics and their craft and class to form one union. The day we as a group cease to worry about a industrial system that places us in the minority, is the day we start our road to recovery. After all those outside of the mechanic craft class at American Airlines appear to have the best representation their dues can buy.
:down: There's that attetude I was talking about! TonyB is a prime example! But keep trying Buck! Maybe it'll do some good! NOT!