U Files To Reject Labor Agreements

Thank you for your words of encouragement. We'll all bend over one more time. Best wishes for your investments. Hope none are in this company.

I am sure UInvestor has everybody's best interests at heart. Right.

Labor has almost exclusively demanded higher wages and more benefits. You industry can’t handle the current high cost structure. Don’t compare yourself with Southwest as they are making money. They can support and sustain the current salaries; your salaries are breaking your airline.

I would argue that perpetual mismanagement by a bunch of folks who spent more time trying to "maximize shareholder value" than they did "offering the public a good product at a fair price" has led to U's ills.....that it is not salaries that broke the company's back...it was a failed business model.

In everyday life, most people practice adherence to a code of ethics. There is a huge difference between “churchâ€￾ ethics and “businessâ€￾ ethics. Business ethics is designed to maximize the success of the corporation. Business ethics often does not take into serious consideration the well being of those at the bottom (rank-and-file employees). Your executives are bound to act in the best interests of the creditors, shareholders and customers first, with employees only receiving marginal attention at best.

Whenever I hear someone say theye are multiple codes of ethics, I instinctively put one hand on my wallet and the other hand on my crotch...something is fixing to get violated.

Ethics are ethics are ethics. People either do the right thing or they don't. Yes, I am a red state guy and I tend to see things in black and white instead of various shades of grey.

And folks still don't get it. I don't guess they ever will. If you own or run a business, and you take proper care of your employees and see to it that they are happy, they in turn will take care of your customers and see to it that they are happy, and the customers will keep coming back for more of your product which will make your stockholders very nearly ecstatic.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO GRASP?

Jack, you always make an appearance when things are dire, you stir the pot and then you are gone. I remember you from way back on round one.

You are a typical lawyer and as such hold as much credibility as the typical stereo typed blacked suited two tongued creatures you people are.

I have some of your posts and my replies stored away for proof of your nonsense. You are probably Jerry Glass’s brother or personal buddy, hit the road!

You could not be more off kilter if you tried.

Frank Lorenzo killed Eastern Airlines, not Charlie Bryan.

Lorenzo stole System One and charged EA horrific fees for each reservation, made EA buy fuel from Texas International at above market rates, took some A300s from EA and have them to CO with no money give to EA for the planes.

You have no idea of what happened at EA and your sense of history is distorted.

The IAM finally had enough and struck, ALPA and TWU also struck, so when all unionized workers strike a carrier, it is not because of one union's problems it is a management problem

Lorenzo treated workers with such disteem he was removed from control of Eastern Airlines by the Bankruptcy Court and replaced with Martin Shugrue as a Trustee.

Then the Department of Labor and Department of Transportation has banned Lorenzo from the industry, funny Charlie Bryan was not banned from ever working for an airline, yet Lorenzo was banned totally from the industry forever.

Let's get back to the the termination of the early 90's non-union pensions. The company says they're turning the money over to the government to administer the pensions. Is this about saving on the cost of a certain amount of administrative employees or is the money not really there?

WestCoastGuy said:
Thank you for your words of encouragement. We'll all bend over one more time. Best wishes for your investments. Hope none are in this company.
[post="200786"][/post]​
Just thought I'd add that back in August I sold my US Airways stock and reinvested it in Papa Johns...... got me a good deal too, 2 large 2 toppings with an order of chicken strips for 17.99

700UW said:
You could not be more off kilter if you tried.

Frank Lorenzo killed Eastern Airlines, not Charlie Bryan.

Lorenzo stole System One and charged EA horrific fees for each reservation, made EA buy fuel from Texas International at above market rates, took some A300s from EA and have them to CO with no money give to EA for the planes.

You have no idea of what happened at EA and your sense of history is distorted.

The IAM finally had enough and struck, ALPA and TWU also struck, so when all unionized workers strike a carrier, it is not because of one union's problems it is a management problem

Lorenzo treated workers with such disteem he was removed from control of Eastern Airlines by the Bankruptcy Court and replaced with Martin Shugrue as a Trustee.

Then the Department of Labor and Department of Transportation has banned Lorenzo from the industry, funny Charlie Bryan was not banned from ever working for an airline, yet Lorenzo was banned totally from the industry forever.
[post="200792"][/post]​

Very good post 700. It is 100% accurate.

deano said:
Jack, you always make an appearance when things are dire, you stir the pot and then you are gone. I remember you from way back on round one.

You are a typical lawyer and as such hold as much credibility as the typical stereo typed blacked suited two tongued creatures you people are.

I have some of your posts and my replies stored away for proof of your nonsense. You are probably Jerry Glass’s brother or personal buddy, hit the road!
[post="200788"][/post]​

Relax,
Jack is only here to feed on folks' emotions. Just ignore him. He's only here to stir the pot. Just pretend you didn't read his drivel. He's plainly not a normal person in that he takes great pleasure in the misery of others. And, by the way, shows his real stupidity if he is a "U" investor!

Uinvestor said:
The employees should study the history of EAL and how union leaders can lead to the destruction of a company. Charlie Bryan was an egomaniac, anti-management enthusiast that led a group of militant machinists to the downfall of a great airline. He is the definition of a true leader, someone that leads an entire airline into liquidation. That is not the type of leader that I would want to follow.

Unfortunately, US Airways’ IAM group doesn’t have any true leaders from what I read from the posters. What type of leadership do you guys have that they don’t even provide timely updates with the negotiations? I perceive your leadership to be very weak. All talk but no action.

The employees use lines like "You can only kick a dog so much before it turns and bites your foot!" to justify their opposition. That dog is about to be put out of its misery permanently for constantly biting.

The only union leader that I would put in the same category as Charlie Bryan is Teddy Xidas. The media loves her one line quotes. It is my opinion that she has her own self-serving interests and a blatant disregard for her membership.

Do the employees really understand the consequences of a “no†vote? I see this same union stupidity that destroyed EAL. Go ahead…make a strong statement to your executives and take a hard stance by striking. That will really show them as they move on to another company making more money, while the rank-and-file employees are still looking for entry-level jobs.

Labor has almost exclusively demanded higher wages and more benefits. You industry can’t handle the current high cost structure. Don’t compare yourself with Southwest as they are making money. They can support and sustain the current salaries; your salaries are breaking your airline.

In everyday life, most people practice adherence to a code of ethics. There is a huge difference between “church†ethics and “business†ethics. Business ethics is designed to maximize the success of the corporation. Business ethics often does not take into serious consideration the well being of those at the bottom (rank-and-file employees). Your executives are bound to act in the best interests of the creditors, shareholders and customers first, with employees only receiving marginal attention at best.

If I may offer some advice to Jerry Glass: If the unions give you any trouble, break 'em.

Jack
[post="200784"][/post]​

Hey Jack ass,

The proposals are ALL entry level wages, there fore it makes no difference where we work, except that there are managment teams out there that are smarter, top notch,with vision, and treat their emplyees like assets.

Charlie Bryan went on strike after Lorenzo stripped the airline of all its assets and funneled them to CO and Texas Air...And only after a year of the strike did EAL LIQUIDATE.

btw, Teddy will appreciate the compliment. It was a time in hx, she would have supported.

Just as the Lorenzo offsprings are on this property to bust unions....so be it the fate of EAL... B)

Uinvestor said:
The employees should study the history of EAL and how union leaders can lead to the destruction of a company. Charlie Bryan was an egomaniac, anti-management enthusiast that led a group of militant machinists to the downfall of a great airline. He is the definition of a true leader, someone that leads an entire airline into liquidation. That is not the type of leader that I would want to follow.

Unfortunately, US Airways’ IAM group doesn’t have any true leaders from what I read from the posters. What type of leadership do you guys have that they don’t even provide timely updates with the negotiations? I perceive your leadership to be very weak. All talk but no action.

The employees use lines like "You can only kick a dog so much before it turns and bites your foot!" to justify their opposition. That dog is about to be put out of its misery permanently for constantly biting.

The only union leader that I would put in the same category as Charlie Bryan is Teddy Xidas. The media loves her one line quotes. It is my opinion that she has her own self-serving interests and a blatant disregard for her membership.

Do the employees really understand the consequences of a “no†vote? I see this same union stupidity that destroyed EAL. Go ahead…make a strong statement to your executives and take a hard stance by striking. That will really show them as they move on to another company making more money, while the rank-and-file employees are still looking for entry-level jobs.

In everyday life, most people practice adherence to a code of ethics. There is a huge difference between “church†ethics and “business†ethics. Business ethics is designed to maximize the success of the corporation. Business ethics often does not take into serious consideration the well being of those at the bottom (rank-and-file employees). Your executives are bound to act in the best interests of the creditors, shareholders and customers first, with employees only receiving marginal attention at best.

If I may offer some advice to Jerry Glass: If the unions give you any trouble, break 'em.

Jack
[post="200784"][/post]​

The reason U is in the situation it is in is because of pi$$ poor management decisions over the years. Everything from buying PSA and then dismantling it to not having a strong east west route structure to buying all those airbuses (and paying boeing the cancellation fees). As for the U employees' attitudes, they are perfectly justified in having them. When they want to cut your pay to 1980 compensation, make you pay more for inferior medical, eliminate your job (airbus and res outsourcing), and then terminate your pension (it is reported on this board there is $240 million missing from the agents pension (frozen about a decade ago)) and take away your retiree health benefits, after giving most of your adult life to the company what the hell do you expect. All this while management teams come in for a couple of years and walk out with millions along with Jerry Glass's alleged "triple dipping". Sothwest does not give it's employees "marginal attention", it pays it's employees a lot more than the other carriers and they still make a handsome profit. Why, because they have a superior management team and it is their philosophy to take good care of their employees (and Southwest is the most unionized airline).
If you think the Lorenzo types are so great, look at CO when Lorenzo controlled it. During his entire time there he paid his people half the wages of other airlines employees with no benefits, pension, retiree medical, etc. CO had the worst service in the industry and declared bankruptcy twice.
I was at EAL. When Lorenzo took over EAL, from day 1 he wanted to destroy the employees. I did not care for Chalie Bryan, and your right he was egotistical. I was not the militant type. But with Lorenzo's "management style" he turned me into a militant. You can't treat employees like dirt and expect the company to be successful. So when the time came, all the unionized people at EAL unanimously stood up and collectively spat in his face, walked out thus sending EAL into history and thus beheading Lorenzo and Texas air management (stopped him from further stealing from EAL and it's employees and got him banned from the industry forever). Yes, EAL people were hurt financially and had to find another job. I have not met one person who regrets striking EAL. As a matter of fact, everyone would do it over, over, and over again. He took our careers but he could not take our dignity and self respect.

:shock: Uinvestor???

O my Gawd! I thought you said you were never coming back 2 years ago.....quick hit the ignore button....quick.... :up:

PineyBob said:
Well I have some dumb assed comments but this is one of the dumber ones.
[post="200761"][/post]​

You're right, you do have some dumb assed comments.

As far as the rest of your babbling, you're wasting bandwidth.

Go back in exile.

Uinvestor said:

Jack
[post="200784"][/post]​

What a B.S post! The employees of Eastern Airlines did not destroy the Company.You ever heard of a guy named Frank Lorenzo? This is the moron that brought down Eastern Airlines.
Also, the pilots joined the mechanics on the picket line because they were tired of being screwed over by Frank Lorenzo.The same Frank Lorenzo that the US.Senate REJECTED for another airline operating certificate.

History repeats itsself and if the unions and its members do not make a stand then airline jobs will just become another Wal-Mart job.

Why do you all reply to Jack's distorted views??? Yes he is entitled to them so why reply to them just to feed his warped views??? Would not be surprised to find out that he has a poster of Frank Lorenzo and marked underneath it "AIRLINE GURU" hanging somewhere in his home. LOL