U Files To Reject Labor Agreements

There is no right to strike. Under the Railway Labor Act, contracts never expire, they only become amendable. Contracts expire under the the other labor law, the National Labor Relations Act.

Under the NMB has the right to allow self-help, but that only happens after direct negotiations, mandatory federal mediation, a 30-day cooling off period, then self-help.

My sources indicate that the company has confirmed with the judge that the unions don't have a right to strike. If any group strikes, the company will be out of business immediately. The creditors won't put up with any labor action. The respected unions must understand that a strike will mean the death of this company. I don't believe that anyone honestly wants this to happen. If so, then vote in favor for any proposal that your unions gives you for ratification.

The IAM might be ready to fight, but they will eventually reach an agreement. Negotiations are a give and take process...

In my last post I simply reported comments from a IAM official How can that be false, unless the IAM is misrepresenting information and a IAM utility poster, who drives a lavatory truck, is correct and the IAM sokesman is wrong.

The IAM is not giving up hope. "We are going to work as hard as we can to get a consensual agreement and try to preserve as many jobs at a livable wage as we can," IAM representative Bill Freiberger said.

USA320Pilot comments: I thought the IAM was not negotiating?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You are a piece of work.

Were you CCY?

Funny I have not see you there this week or last week.

Like I said, you have no idea of what is transpiring and all you like to do is scare people with your false information, when everyone realizes that you are the one who is scared of a union and its members who actually stands up to the company instead of bending over for them time after time. Hmm, wonder what group I am talking about?

The RLA prevents a strike while doing section 6 negotiations, when a judge abrogates a contract you no longer fall under the RLA and no union is in section 6 negotiations which is traditional bargaing.

bluetoad said:
The original article says the pilots retirement was terminated in the first BK. This is not true.
[post="200168"][/post]​

Yes, the statement is true. The pilots's retirement plan was indeed terminated, and the statement is perfectly true as it appears.

Yes, the pilots terminated it themselves (indirectly through their ill-informed, duped and/or intellectually lazy union representatives.) But it nevertheless was terminated in the first bankruptcy.

My sources indicate that the company has confirmed with the judge that the unions don't have a right to strike.
ok i'll buy that usa320pilot.
If any group strikes, the company will be out of business immediately. The creditors won't put up with any labor action. The respected unions must understand that a strike will mean the death of this company.
whoa,wait a minute...hold the phone...you just said we can't strike...now what is it??
how can people who legally are not allowed to do something because the judge says so actually do it?
I don't believe that anyone honestly wants this to happen. If so, then vote in favor for any proposal that your unions gives you for ratification.
oh ok...now the ulterior motive comes into play...cool dude..cool...

USA320Pilot said:
In my last post I simply reported comments from a IAM official How can that be false, unless the IAM is misrepresenting information and a IAM utility poster, who drives a lavatory truck, is correct and the IAM sokesman is wrong.

The IAM is not giving up hope. "We are going to work as hard as we can to get a consensual agreement and try to preserve as many jobs at a livable wage as we can," IAM representative Bill Freiberger said.

USA320Pilot comments: I thought the IAM was not negotiating?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="200346"][/post]​
in my last post do you mean as "the truth or usa320autopilot??
and by the way..that handle...the truth don't you make it an oxymoron??

700UW said:
Like I said, you have no idea of what is transpiring
[post="200348"][/post]​

You don't want to negotiate because you think the strategy is to ignore the issues and hope it goes away. This is typical with the IAM hardliners.

There will be no utility at the transformed US Airways. This is the only way to remain competitive. I don't like seeing good people lose their jobs.

The idea that we pay an employee $19+ when the market is about $9 is ludicrous. This is a prime example of what is killing us. Nearly everyone else outsources this work, but we can't? No gonna happen. I promise you that.

Hawk:

Is it possible to take the utility portion out of the IAM-M contract and place the work in the FSA contract? Then could the utility & FSA positions be combined to cross utilize work forces to gain productivity advantages and cut costs?

Separately, what's your opinion of TheTruths comments, which seem to coincide with the S.1113© motion?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Hawk said:
You don't want to negotiate because you think the strategy is to ignore the issues and hope it goes away. This is typical with the IAM hardliners.

There will be no utility at the transformed US Airways. This is the only way to remain competitive. I don't like seeing good people lose their jobs.

The idea that we pay an employee $19+ when the market is about $9 is ludicrous. This is a prime example of what is killing us. Nearly everyone else outsources this work, but we can't? No gonna happen. I promise you that.
[post="200370"][/post]​
keep 'em at ten then...at least they still make SOMETHING

Hey Hawk,

The 8th floor cloud your knowledge?

The pre 21% utility pay rate was $17.47, don't let the facts get in your way.

And Utility/Cleaners at NWA and UAL at this moment make more then the counterparts at US. And WN Aircraft Appearance Techs, are closing in fast.

And since you are busy with the AFA upstairs on the 8th floor, you are only getting second hand information from what is taking place on the 2nd floor.

And maybe if the company did not take 2 weeks to compy with an official request of all relevant data, things would be moving a little faster.

And would you care to wager a dinner at Ruth Chris that if the IAM M&R and the company are succesful in reaching a T/A there will be utility included?

The almost 3,000 mechanic and related that you want to eliminate won't vote themselves out of job to save you're job and pension.

Let see US flies into 89 mainline stations, US has only utility at 8 on three shift coverage and 10 third shift only, seems we all ready outsource the majority of that work, and according to the FAA and DOT US all ready vendors out 50% of its maintenance work. You just want the checks, GO read Mr Bloch's decision on your arrogance.

delldude said:
funny thing i just noticed...'usa320pilot' and 'the truth' never seem to be logged on at the same time.....anyone else notice?? :shock:
[post="200347"][/post]​

Time for an IP check. I mean, its so obvious in the writing styles between the two. Whatever floats his beanie, which apparently isn't much. :rolleyes:

TheTruth:

TheTruth said: "My sources indicate that the company has confirmed with the judge that the unions don't have a right to strike."

USA320Pilot: If true, that would seem to give the union's even less leverage, especially with company proposals only getting worse and worse for labor. You would have thought the CWA, AFA, & IAM would have learned from the failures of ALPA's RC4, which cost the pilot's "big time".

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Latest posts

Back