U.s. Airways Flight From Conn. Diverted

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
WINDSOR LOCKS, Conn. (AP) - A flight from Bradley International Airport to Washington's Reagan National Airport was diverted Friday after a flight attendant discovered a suspicious package in a bathroom, a spokesman with the Transportation Security Administration said.

The plane, U.S. Airways flight 1403, landed without incident at Dulles International Airport outside Washington.

About 80 passengers were on the flight. The FBI has the package and was questioning some passengers Friday, said Ann Davis, a spokeswoman for TSA.

Nothing was found in a search of the plane, Davis said.

06/11/04 19:22 EDT

UA Aviation

America's aviation headquarters

Plane diverted from DCA to IAD.... sounds aviation related to me. Not EVERY post here has to be about the same old cost and wage cuts at US. ;)

Why wouldnt it be on here? Its a news item about US Airways.

I dont wish the planrs would divert for security reasons more, but I sure do with there was more of a balance in topics here. Like geo said they dont ALL need to be negative and about the same thing.

Geo1004

Plane diverted from DCA to IAD.... sounds aviation related to me. Not EVERY post here has to be about the same old cost and wage cuts at US.

Light Years

Why wouldnt it be on here? Its a news item about US Airways.
I dont wish the planrs would divert for security reasons more, but I sure do with there was more of a balance in topics here. Like geo said they dont ALL need to be negative and about the same thing.
----------------------------------------------------
I say ok.. I withdraw my last post. Lets get some meaningful discussion on this topic. I'll start.

A F/A found a suspicious package and the flight was deverted and all is well now. Good call on the crews part diverting an aircraft to avert a potential catastrophe.
I wonder how many times this happens a week and how many time a crew determines that the package is not a security risk and continues on letting the destination city handle it.

Geo1004 and Light Years would you like to expound on this topic?

Should we merge maintenance and medical diversions into this topic or start seperate ones?

vote no etc said:

Should we merge maintenance and medical diversions into this topic or start seperate ones?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:blink: Whatever.

So just what WAS the package - a weapon or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or someone's Preparation H?

I heard that when they opened the door to the lav it was none other than Dave Siegel with a jar of peanut butter and another jar of jelly. He was slapping together those PBJ sandwiches for the next UA flight from IAD-ZRH.

At least he's puttin' in an honest days work... :p

:up: :up: :up:

I heard it was one of Piney Bob's CP Roachpeople taking advantage of some $18 fare from New Zealand to Delphi, India, on Star Alliance and taking a trip through Connecticut somewhere for 60,000 miles and instant Silver Ambassador Status on Chopstick Airliners who was unfamiliar with US security laws and left his disguised Preparation-H container accidently in a brown paper bag in the lavatory.

Light Years said:
vote no etc said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:blink: Whatever.
WOO HOO great addition to the thread Light Years thanks you sure know how to keep this hot topic going. I see everyones enjoys it too.

LOL yes laughing at you

usairways_vote_NO said:
WOO HOO great addition to the thread Light Years thanks you sure know how to keep this hot topic going. I see everyones enjoys it too.

LOL yes laughing at you
I believe people enjoy my posts much more than yours. :rolleyes: In fact, can I get a vote on that folks?

Waah, please dont laugh at me, you are so wise in choosing what topics to discuss on usaviation. You keep coming back to the topic you deemed so pointless. Perhaps you should start your own US Airways forum where news about the airline is not allowed to be discussed. :ph34r:

loser.gif

I certainly enjoy Light Years' posts. Informative, good sense of humor and s/he can spell, use grammar correctly and has interesting insights.

A big "thumbs up" for Light Years!

Dea

usairways_vote_NO said:
A F/A found a suspicious package and the flight was deverted and all is well now. Good call on the crews part diverting an aircraft to avert a potential catastrophe.
It turns out it was a barf bag with a string coming out of it. Suspicious? When they opened it after passing it through a portable x-ray machine, it contained.... :eek: barf. :lol:

Latest posts