UA to furlough FAs

from the moment all of the legal challenges which the unions initiated, were settled, PMNW employees all became DL employees with benefits, seniority, and pay no different from their PMDL counterparts.

There is and never was any division between DL and NW personnel other than for the period of time from the date of the merger until the labor board ruled.

again, tell us how DL pitted employees from "one side of the house against the other" and how it is similar to UA/CO

you forgot to tell us about the union that represents your employees along with the retirement and medical benefits you provide.

You do practice what you preach and include medical and retirement benefits don't you?

WorldTraveler said:
focus on the topic.
How about focusing on the forum and the topic.

This is the UA forum, not the DL or US forum. You want to revisit past sins? Go to the appropriate forum, thank you.

Frankly, the "let's discuss every airline in every forum *except* that airline" free-for-all is out of control.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
How was this not posted here:

http://www.universalhub.com/2013/delta-flight-attendants-based-logan-sue-airline-ov

And like you said, this is about UA FAs, not my employees, but I can tell you I pay my employees $10 over what the law requires.
you mean that your personal business interests like religion and other people's private lives have no place on this forum?

ummm... what a concept.

e,
loos to me like this is the first place in this thread where an airline other than UA was discussed.

direct your angst appropriately.

700UW said:
Practice what you preach.

Apparently you dont comprehend the bible, you know the book you claim to follow and promote.

Delta has and is laying off employees, go to MEM, go to DTW, go to MSP, go to CVG, go to DFW, go to TPA, shall I continue?

How many years is it after the merger and DL is laying off and cutting employees also?

Oh thats right, what Delta does is golden and if another airline does it, it's bad business.

Practice what you preach.

I just used your own words, sucks when its turned on you, lol!

sucks what?

You are the one that doesn't want to talk about your personal business but you want to include everyone else's.

or is that what you preach is ok for others but not yourself?

Wanna keep going w/ your non-unionized workforce that doesn't get the benefits you advocate for or do you wanna accept that your personal business is going to get dragged into the discussion if you want to bring others into it?

A letter to the AFA membership:

"From AFA:

January 23, 2014

United Cuts Backroom Deals

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Bowing to pressure from you, management moved from their position that the only option to their stated headcount overage was an involuntary furlough. As you know, we made a comprehensive proposal that keeps everyone working.

However, the manner in which Mr. Risoli went about it deliberately avoided your locally elected leadership, in order to achieve management’s agenda; one that has nothing to do with managing staffing concerns. Earlier today, you learned of a deal, reached with the President of the Continental Master Executive Council that was intended to do an end-run around your Local Council representatives. Mr. Risoli deliberately circumvented your Local Council leadership who were in session at a meeting of the United Master Executive Council.

It is right to expect every leader of our Union to stand with us to protect our Members' jobs by demanding management talk about solutions with us. But management split off our Continental counterparts in an attempt to undermine our strong position for those facing involuntary furlough. Without a single word with your representatives, the Continental MEC President agreed with management that United Flight Attendants will be out of work at their airline. As a result, the collective bargaining process was trampled without a care that jobs are on the line.

Since this was announced earlier today, Flight Attendants have been writing and calling expressing outrage. They have been telling us they don’t want to be involuntarily furloughed nor do they want to be forced into a position of an ultimatum by either having to seek employment at Continental or be forced onto the street. And, most assuredly, they are telling us they do not want to be told what their priorities are – since they have already expressed them clearly to their Local Council leadership.

We have a long, rich history. We are proud, independent and comfortable with self-determination. We are prepared to aggressively defend our Contract and our jobs. Cutting backroom deals, with the intent of duping United Flight Attendants, is not the path to unity and success.

The actions taken today must be seen for what they are - a deliberate effort to drive a wedge between United, Continental and Continental Micronesia Flight Attendants. Not only is this a dangerous game of roulette with Flight Attendant jobs, it is not consistent with responsible union stewardship or the very tenets of trade unionism. We call on each of you to reject any and all efforts to divide our Flight Attendant community.

In Solidarity,

Greg Davidowitch, President
United Master Executive Council"

-----

SKY HIGH said:
http://unitedafa.org/news/details.aspx?id=8414

Jobs, Not Jabs - Get the Facts, Holly
AFA RESPONSES TO HOLLY:
EVERYONE should click thru to read this in its entirety

all the best to the UA FAs