Ual Pilot Recalls Announced

United plans to create new savings of 650 mil. I assume this is going to be part of the business plan due out end of September, this plan includes the following yearly savings; Call center 60 mil., airport operations 150 mil., fuel consumption 50 mil., distribution costs? 120 mil., United express 45 mil., and the area with the biggest yearly savings, maintenance 200 mil. Where I work people are concerned about this. Lets say a mechanic makes $60,000, and you divide this by $200,000,000. the results equal 3,333. I hope they find the savings other ways other then furloughs.

atabuy said:
ronin,
Aren't these layoffs due to losing some 737s that are being phased out.
You get hired when they need help and laid off when work is not there.
That is the way business works.
You are very selfish to state that position. Please just quit and let someone work who really wants too. Your attitude sucks.
Step aside for others.
[post="175776"][/post]​
This first wave is attributed to the 737 fleet reductions reflecting an estimated 3% decrease in workload. Roughly 1/2 is being reduced at line stations, the others at the MOC. With the new "announcement" of 200-mil reduction in maint, one can only imagine the magnitude and breadth of the destruction to follow.

Your business 101 explanations are very insightful, how United is surviving without your old carcass is beyond me, but more than likely we are where we are BECAUSE of the vast intelligence and work ethics of people like you. Put me on the ignore list Jim, it’ll be better for both of us.

The Ronin said:
This first wave is attributed to the 737 fleet reductions reflecting an estimated 3% decrease in workload. Roughly 1/2 is being reduced at line stations, the others at the MOC. With the new "announcement" of 200-mil reduction in maint, one can only imagine the magnitude and breadth of the destruction to follow.

Your business 101 explanations are very insightful, how United is surviving without your old carcass is beyond me, but more than likely we are where we are BECAUSE of the vast intelligence and work ethics of people like you. Put me on the ignore list Jim, it’ll be better for both of us.
[post="175829"][/post]​

I will not put you on ignore,
It is important to know what everyone is thinking.
You might mock my intelligence and work ethics, but I am not the one proposing to take the company I work for out of business.

Eal made that point long ago and I worked with some of those guys that came to Ual.
They did not achieve much other than to start out at a lot lower payscale and the bottom of the seniority list.
If that is the intelligence you speak of, I am stupid.
Take Ual down and join Mensa. They need you.

Latest posts