United Recalling Attendants

AirDude

Feb 10, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
The airline will recall 375 attendants now on voluntary furlough as the carrier adds international flights that need bigger crews. These recalls are added to the scheduled return of 371 attendants scheduled to report Oct. 31, Reuters reports. The call will go out for 175 attendants in October and 200 in November, with notifications to begin this week. At the start of the year, the airline had 5,100 attendants on voluntary furlough and about 15,300 working, spokeswoman Jean Medina told The Associated Press. Association of Flight Attendants spokeswoman Sara Nelson Dela Cruz said United has been operating with too few attendants. "We understand perfectly that they need to recall these flight attendants, but it's unfortunate that they didn't plan better." Posted at 8 a.m. ET
:shock:

I thought this was the AMERICAN AIRLINES forum.

(Even though some people still feel the need to post TWA (airline of the past) on here also.)

latreal said:
I thought this was the AMERICAN AIRLINES foum.

(Even though some people still feel the need to post TWA (airline of the past) on here also.)
[post="174413"][/post]​
why cant you just be happy for UA and some of their F?A maybe this will start a trend and AA will call some back. Being bitter all the time will get you nothing

latreal said:
I thought this was the AMERICAN AIRLINES forum.

[post="174413"][/post]​

Just got to get that dig in doncha??....whether you, your wife, your dog or whoever likes it or believes it.....Due to the (dis)integration TWA is a part of AA now...well everything but the people.

SkyLiner said:
Just got to get that dig in doncha??....whether you, your wife, your dog or whoever likes it or believes it.....TWA is a part of AA now, due to the "dis"integration....well everything but the people.
[post="174458"][/post]​

No, whether you, your wife/husband/lover like it or not TWA is no longer an Airline
POINT BLANK.

Not a dig, just a FACT!

*Note to self: Next time try harder to breath and rise above the classless that walk/crawl among us. Some days are harder than others, practice makes perfect...

I have better advice for you...but I would be breaking the rules (rules that seem to be only for those who don't agree with the TWA mantra) if I gave it to you. So unlike you with the insults, name calling, etc. I'll move on.

Back to the topic.

This news was posted on the United board last week and has ZERO relevance to AA.

I'm glad to hear UAL is recalling 375 f/a's! Can we now say "SEASONAL FLIGHT ATTENDANT?"

I do hope this is not just for the holidays, as many people have found other jobs until they're recalled. For someone to give up a new job to return and then just be furloughed again after the holidays is cruel!

The difference between UAL and AA is that at least you have furlough pay and that might keep them from cutting everyone again.

LiveInAHotel said:
I'm glad to hear UAL is recalling 375 f/a's! Can we now say "SEASONAL FLIGHT ATTENDANT?"

I do hope this is not just for the holidays, as many people have found other jobs until they're recalled. For someone to give up a new job to return and then just be furloughed again after the holidays is cruel!

The difference between UAL and AA is that at least you have furlough pay and that might keep them from cutting everyone again.
[post="174575"][/post]​
You ARE dealing with United......what do YOU think????
If people have moved on....my recommendation....stay that way :up:

LiveInAHotel said:
[post="174575"][/post]​

Also, UAL has NO INVOLUNTARY furloughs. Everyone off chose to be off. Does AA pay furlough pay for people who want the time off? Our voluntary furloughs get medical for the entire time off, keep their seniority completely and all pass privledges. IMHO, that's a very sweet deal. :)

HMMMMMMMM, recalling 375 FA'S but news surfacing that 6,000 more jobs will be cut at UAL AMAZING strategy.