UAL777flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you are right buddy....the web police are coming and I'll be sentenced to exile, but I've watched these posts and have held my tongue. After all it is your and busdvr and 777flyer site anyways. But when somebody expresses any other viewpoint, you guys have no problem with the blessing of the administrators of this site, to berate and admonish those who don't buy your guys bull. You guys have got it all right, and anyone else has it all wrong. And your darn right, if 37% cut brings you into lower $200k or high $100k bracket, you'll see no tears in my eyes. Heck, in your contract the company will even pay the cost of retuning your piano if you have to move...your voluntary surplus guys still get 60% pay. This obscene scenario would be laughable....if it wasn't so damn true. And my friends are on the street with nothing, we are all faced with careers full of nothing, and I gotta put up with some snot nosed pilots and sniveling docker wearing management types bullsh*t. Ya, the webpolice will 86 me, but I WILL BE THERE IN THE END...and god freak'n help you if you ever cross my path...

----------------
On 10/27/2002 4:05:47 PM mastermechanic wrote:

Yeah, you are right buddy....the web police are coming and I'll be sentenced to exile, but I've watched these posts and have held my tongue. After all it is your and busdvr and 777flyer site anyways. But when somebody expresses any other viewpoint, you guys have no problem with the blessing of the administrators of this site, to berate and admonish those who don't buy your guys bull.

bpapa writes: You're certainly entitled to your opinion. All of us are certainly entitled to disagree with you and each other. I don't see anyone else other than you making threats of bodily harm.

You guys have got it all right, and anyone else has it all wrong. And your darn right, if 37% cut brings you into lower $200k or high $100k bracket, you'll see no tears in my eyes. Heck, in your contract the company will even pay the cost of retuning your piano if you have to move...your voluntary surplus guys still get 60% pay. This obscene scenario would be laughable....if it wasn't so damn true.

bpapa replies:Hey buddy as you well know, you get what you NEGOTIATE. If you want piano moving or tuning in your contract, then by god direct your union to get it.

And my friends are on the street with nothing, we are all faced with careers full of nothing, and I gotta put up with some snot nosed pilots and sniveling docker wearing management types bullsh*t.

bpapa writes: Your friends aren't the only ones on the street. I was a United First Officer until March 1, 2002, I don't see you whining over my furlough.

Ya, the webpolice will 86 me, but I WILL BE THERE IN THE END...and god freak'n help you if you ever cross my path...

bpapa respondes: Or what, you gonna put me in a judo hold? You crack me up.

This whole topic has become a cliche. As for you mastermechanic, if you're a typical IAM member I guess ole UAL is going down in flames ala Eastern. I just hope there are enough sensible people out there to keep this airline around. Peace...
-------------

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/27/2002 6:05:55 PM mastermechanic wrote:

Enjoy the street, you won't be coming back
----------------
[/blockquote]

I can't see too well through this monitor, is that Scotty Ford I'm talkin to. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif'] Gee Scotty, is that what you have planned.

I'd be willing to wager that I will be back one day. Even if United goes belly up, I'll get on with another major and you'll be doing what? Gloating over taking UAL down.

Enjoy the street, you won't be coming back

And don't worry, I'm sure my expressions will be taken out of context and I will be banned for good so you guys can just spread your own version of reality to each other and hold each other as champions of a just and noble cause....

mastermechanic,

It's not that anyone has a problem with you airing your viewpoint. But you seem unable to do it without calling people moron or using other insulting remarks. Does hurling insults at people make up for your inability to articulate your position in an adult fashion? Would that be considered a verbal p---s complex? Your attitude embodies the very disease that UA needs to get rid of once and for all. If you don't think change is coming with Tilton, than you obviously haven't heard him speak yet. But then again, with your attitude, hopefully you'll be one of the first ones shown the door. Instead of insulting people, why don't you air a compelling, intelligent argument for a change. Are you even able to do that? I respect the job you do highly. I find the job of an aircraft mechanic absolutely fascinating, as well as vital to a safe, reliable airline like United. My brother-in-law is a mechanic at AA's TUL overhaul facility and I've tagged along with him a few times just to watch what goes on. But what sickens me is the attitude of entitlement and blame assignment that people like you preach consistently. At some point, you gotta let go of the past and start looking to the future. It is supposed to be Semper Fi, after all, right?

God freakin' help me if I ever cross your path? Oh please, you need to seriously grow up. Were you ever a postal employee? You can't even articulate a single thought that doesn't contain insults, derogatory remarks or threats. You're an embarassment to your profession and United Airlines.

kcabpilot,

Should I stop crying a river for you now? You chose your career path and I chose mine. So forgive me if I decide not to attend your pity party for you having to work oustide in the rain. How about the card games in the break room? That part of the job, too? Or the girl watching up in the terminal when you're on the clock. That also part of the job?

As for working nights, weekends and holidays, I did that for 11 1/2 years at TWA, even when I was a management employee in their SOC. You think you're the only one who has ever had to work midnights, weekends and holidays? You live by the seniority, you die by the seniority, right? Keep in mind that you CHOSE your profession. In other words, you knew what you were getting into when you took the job. Why should we have sympathy for your plight? I don't.

As for my volume of posts, most of those folks who've been around this board and the old PlaneBusiness board, know that I have a love of the commercial airline industry. I enjoy talking about different issues. I like learning new things from folks who have the knowledge. And I also enjoy airing my viewpoint on matters that I have knowledge or opinions of. I do post while I'm at work. But I can assure you it doesn't interfere with me getting my job done, but I appreciate your concern.
9.gif']

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts