Unfair To Syr?

daveinric

Aug 20, 2002
Visit site
It has been only nine days since nonstop service was initiated between DFW and SYR. A review of the AA.com website indicates near-capacity bookings every day so far. Unfortunately, on at least two of the days on which this new flight was scheduled to operate, namely, Friday 8/5 and today (Tuesday 8/9), both legs have been scrubbed.

When this service was first announced, there were protests in Central NY that the scheduling of the flights was such that SYR was being set up to fail. However, as I said, bookings have been strong.

Could somebody explain to me why this particular run has been cancelled at least two of the first nine days it has been scheduled to operate?

daveinric said:
It has been only nine days since nonstop service was initiated between DFW and SYR. A review of the AA.com website indicates near-capacity bookings every day so far. Unfortunately, on at least two of the days on which this new flight was scheduled to operate, namely, Friday 8/5 and today (Tuesday 8/9), both legs have been scrubbed.

When this service was first announced, there were protests in Central NY that the scheduling of the flights was such that SYR was being set up to fail. However, as I said, bookings have been strong.

Could somebody explain to me why this particular run has been cancelled at least two of the first nine days it has been scheduled to operate?
[post="287040"][/post]​

I have two possible reason's why. First, DFW has encountered thunderstorms just about daily for the last week, causing a few cancelled flights from both AA and AE. Secondly, AE seem's to be scheduling the heck out of the CRJ-700's, they may not have any spares or if too many of them go down for maintenance. Not sure why the SYR flight has been singled out..

Latest posts