Union Politics at AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the stentch of rotting perishables on-board those ships, tied up at docks from SAN- to - SEA(and thats not counting the vessels that are WAITING for a berth), I must admit I'm pleasantly puzzeled, as to why the little turd(GWB) has'nt invoked the Taft-Hartley act ??
I mean, his wealthy business(mega-contributions) pals, must be besides themselves, with GWB's(so far) inactions.

Did anyone notice that when your union REALLY has balls, that the Feds name a law, in their honor.(Taft-Hartly, Railway labor act, etc.) (RLA for the RAILROADS)

C'mon, even you union haters out there have got to admit that the I.L.W.U. is the last of the mohicans
GOD BLESS THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Yes I would even consider the I.L.W.U. over my current representitive. After 18 years of We will get them next I grow weary of no action. It is no wonder that there is even talk of forming seperate unions for the mechanics. I wonder what the leadership has in their concession pocket? After the 13% drop in AMR stock, I believe it is time to concentrate on our work instead of politics that are not revelant to the aviation industry.

Now where is that farm out percentage I asked for?

And NHBB what is my position on RTW?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/3/2002 7:40:19 PM WingNaPrayer wrote:

If ya gotta make a forced contribution, better to the democrats than those recession oriented war-mongering, constitutional rights stripping liberty denying republicans!!

But I Digress!
----------------
[/blockquote]
Please do give us an example of a forced contribution to any republican. Just one example, please.
War-mongering? I guess you've forgotten about those two big buildings that used to be in New York City. Huh?
You're an embarrassment.
You call republicans recession oriented and then hail the dock workers and the rotting food on the ships and etc. that is helping to slow the economy even more. I hate to tell you this but you're not only a union man but you're also a consumer, and very soon the cost of that dock worker debacle will be coming out of your, and my pocket. Hope you're happy.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/8/2002 1:02:29 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

With the "stentch" of rotting perishables on-board those ships, tied up at docks from SAN- to - SEA(and thats not counting the vessels that are WAITING for a berth)
----------------
[/blockquote]
Somehow, I don't picture a lot of perishables on ships which normally spend weeks in transit...

Most of what has been delayed are auto parts and consumer goods made in Asia...

Eric that may be, but I heard that perishables such as bananas etc.. were being rerouted to Mexico and then trucked in. So there are items that are time sensitive. Even economy sensitive. Retailers are worried that there items will be only available for the after Christmas sales. Why are the questions involving union politics at AA being ignored? What is the farm out percentage of aircraft maintenance at AA?

Back to Union Politics at AA.

Mechanics at AA; in general are members of the Transport Workers Union, AFL-CIO. There are some who object to the extortion of political contributions through the dues collection process designed for collective bargaining and representation. Many members fund those issues that they vote against in the ballot box. An example would be: Someone who is a NRA member, who may vote towards the conservative side, but a portion of their union dues are used without their knowledge for the funding of the AFL-CIO etc.. It may be that they are unaware that this proceadure is taking place. This process, if not objected to by the individual is fine. However if there are those who object to this proceadure and to its cause, there are few choices of recourse.

Gun Control And The AFL-CIO

The National Rifle Association of America is a single-issue organization that represents firearms owners and works to defend and protect their rights as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. In its 125-year history as the nation's oldest civil rights organization, the NRA has never adopted any policy or practice regarding unions, organized labor, labor management or labor relations issues of any kind.

On the other hand, the American Federation of Labor & Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) have continually stepped outside the purview of labor relations and adopted decidedly anti-gun positions that infringe upon the rights of law-abiding firearms owners.

The national leadership of the AFL-CIO has supported restrictive gun control legislation for nearly a quarter of a century.

1971: The Executive Council of the AFL-CIO adopted a resolution stating, the AFL-CIO strongly urges Congress to enact strong handgun control legislation.
1976: The AFL-CIO announced it's support for legislation which would ban weapons such as the so-called 'Saturday Night Special' from the public domain.

1987: The AFL-CIO's Executive Council issued a resolution in support of a national seven-day waiting period on the purchase of all handguns.

1989: The AFL-CIO came out strongly in support of the Brady Bill and its national waiting period on the purchase of handguns by law-abiding gun owners. AFL-CIO leadership also resolved to support U.S. Sen. Dennis DeConcini's S.747, a bill to ban the importation, domestic manufacture and sale of certain semi-automatic firearms.

1994: Most recently, the AFL-CIO's leadership supported the Clinton Crime Bill and its ban on certain semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns and large-capacity magazines.

We better get a ban on high powered rifles now. They appear to be out of control on the east coast.

How do those guns get up and take such atrocious action?

Status
Not open for further replies.