Unions Oppose Executive Incentive Plan At Usair

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Flight attendants and mechanics, angry over a proposed incentive plan for senior executives at US Airways (UAIRQ.OB: Quote, Profile, Research), said on Monday they would oppose the airline's emergence from bankruptcy and its planned merger with America West Airlines (AWA.N: Quote, Profile, Research).

The unions say the proposal, which would establish an equity incentive plan, was unfair to thousands of union and nonunion workers who took substantial pay, benefit and pension cuts to see the airline through its restructuring.

Click for Article

I cant believe this, am I reading it right? These $%##@ people in CCY are actually wanting more bonuses? But yet they need to sell off MDA because of the need of cash or the world will implode. These people have no soul!! Thousands of hard working Americans on the street, losing homes and worse. Employees still here eligable for government assistance, the constant threat of liquidation, furlough, outsourcing, and just plain elimination, and yet they have no problem marching into court and demanding bonuses. Not for curing cancer, or actually doing anything other than the job they are already paid to do! This is like a third world country, the amount of corruption displayed is disgusting!!

Just check out the name....gee who has been hired in Pit in 2005????? Only managment morons!!!! :down:

700UW said:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Flight attendants and mechanics, angry over a proposed incentive plan for senior executives at US Airways (UAIRQ.OB: Quote, Profile, Research), said on Monday they would oppose the airline's emergence from bankruptcy and its planned merger with America West Airlines (AWA.N: Quote, Profile, Research).

The unions say the proposal, which would establish an equity incentive plan, was unfair to thousands of union and nonunion workers who took substantial pay, benefit and pension cuts to see the airline through its restructuring.

Click for Article
[post="300273"][/post]​

This is truly pathetic. When negotiations were being discussed for the retention of flight attendants during the transfer of aircraft to Republic, the company offered in their first package what was easily laughable. When presented AFA's package, the company casually and quickly said, "There just isn't any more money". What a crock.

It is disgusting to think that these people can even lay their heads down to rest peacefully at night.

This is beyond pathetic. The senior (mis)management at this company should have to PAY for what they did to this company. NOT A PENNY for them, and the sooner they are shown the door the better once the merger closes.

CUSTOMERS oppose the bonuses too!!!!!!!

MAABoss said:
This is truly pathetic. When negotiations were being discussed for the retention of flight attendants during the transfer of aircraft to Republic, the company offered in their first package what was easily laughable. When presented AFA's package, the company casually and quickly said, "There just isn't any more money". What a crock.

It is disgusting to think that these people can even lay their heads down to rest peacefully at night.
[post="300342"][/post]​

Now there are MidAtlantic Flight Attendants facing displacements and the inevitable furlough for the SECOND time, only to be told that Upper management will once again be lining their pockets.

Where is the justice.

pit2005 said:
how can afa object when the former mecp tried to get her share of the loot?
[post="300298"][/post]​

I hardly think that a women who pours her heart and soul into the union to make a better place for the flight attendants to be in, someone who works round the clock at ALL hours of the day and night, someone who takes ONE vacation is 6 years and still answers her cell phone while sitting on the beach in Greece to talk to a flight attendant who has problems......

She's hardly in it for the loot, my friend. What loot? Management took it all.

MAABoss said:
Now there are MidAtlantic Flight Attendants facing displacements and the inevitable furlough for the SECOND time, only to be told that Upper management will once again be lining their pockets.

Where is the justice.
[post="300351"][/post]​

I am disgusted and my stomach is turning just hearing that they would even think a thing like that. As my father says - "The rich will get richer and the poor poorer" This is horrible. I have zero respect for our manangement and I hope they get whats coming to them.

greed

n 1: excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves 2: reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins) [syn: avarice, covetousness, rapacity, avaritia]

:angry: :angry: :angry:

The executives deserve compensation for their hard work and dedication during this transitional period. You can't operate an airline without executives, especially when you are completing a merger. The unions should concentrate on their own internal matters.

You cant operate an airline with executives who have declared war on the employees, squandered billions in concessions and ended up in bankruptcy twice.

So how much is your bonus?

Zeus said:
The executives deserve compensation for their hard work and dedication during this transitional period. You can't operate an airline without executives, especially when you are completing a merger.  The unions should concentrate on their own internal matters.
[post="300443"][/post]​

Zeus,

And what do the employees receive for their hard work and dedication to the tune of $2.5 billion in cost savings so you could retain your job for 3.6 years? You can't operate an airline, any airline,without Labor.

Where is our incentive package?????????

PITbull said:
Zeus,

And what do the employees receive for their hard work and dedication to the tune of $2.5 billion in cost savings so you could retain your job for 3.6 years? You can't operate an airline, any airline,without Labor.

Where is our incentive package?????????
[post="300455"][/post]​

That is true - I would be willing to bet some of this money from the MDA deal is going to line their pockets. For losing our job for the second time around they want to give us a measly 200.00 - can you believe this - I am disgusted

Latest posts