United Boosts Asia Service Ahead Of Rival Flights

Windows 95 must not have received it's 'service pack' d/l...There were some big lines over there at F9, the loyalist passengers didn't look too happy, except for the lucky ones who Fish was seen handing donuts out to--all 11 of 'em (factoring in the 1 jelly-glazed Fish enjoyed himself). Use a napkin next time, sheesh!

peasant wrote,
...Same amount of work needs to be done whether it is done in Arkansas, Thailand or Venezuala....

...We do our IT in Australia, D checks in Xiamen, B,C checks & Rolls engine overhaul in HK, CFM56 engine overhaul in Switzerland, many A checks in Heathrow, accounting in Guangzhou, GDS queue handling in India, N American reservations in Canada, but they are all CX staff and my colleagues.

I understand UAL has employees worldwide. I think many nations require the use of Nationals over Americans on temporary duty.

IMHO, the cost of UAL doing business with China requires UAL to bring work/jobs to China. I don't agree, but see if UAL decided new work to go overseas to compliment growth. It is that UAL's direction is to eliminate and replace UAL Maintenance for more access to China.

...(TAECO, a subsidiary of HAECO in HK) Good quality work, not exactly cut rate (40-50USD per hour)....

$40-50/Hr is cut-rate. Especially when you are talking thousands of man-hours to do 747/777HMVs.

Best regards,

Johnny Gearpin

mweiss said:
Fine. Then don't pretend that it's about safety. Be honest.
[post="250716"][/post]​

And you neither!!!

TBOMK, most Asian airlines still do their work ‘in-house’. Korean Airlines do the majority of their work in Korea (with minor exceptions to the PW4000 work we do at SFO), Singapore Airlines do the majority of their work in Singapore, Thai Airlines does the same, JAL, etc… all do the majority of their work in their own countries with their own ‘employees’ and are not comfortable with outsourcing.

Having worked with our overseas counterparts, I do not doubt the quality of their work as they are working on their ‘own’ planes for their ‘own’ respective airlines ( and making a decent wage doing it!!! ).

As we are supposedly now a ‘global workforce’ this outsourcing issue will be confronting our overseas counterparts as well!!! Aircraft maintenance is transcending to the ‘cheapest labor’ mindset, and outsourcing issues are confronting them as well. I do not take issue with these carriers that employ their own workforce and control their own quality of maintenance, and if it were a major carrier doing work on our aircraft, I would feel more comfortable with this decision. However, this is not the case, ‘cheap labor’ is the rue of the day and quality (if any) is in hindsight.

MRO's without 'equal' oversight will contribute to the 'future' catastrophic events. Mark these words as it ‘will’ come to pass in the accounting of lives lost. I only hope you ‘bean counters’, ‘robber barons’, and analysts could be taken to the extreme legal accountability that is allowed by law (hanging comes to mind).

Considering that there are approx 21 FAA inspectors to cover South and Central America, and wherein we here at the 'Lazy U' have approx 10 FAA inspectors with a borescope up our neither reaches fining us for lapse in caliper calibration when our OSV counterparts do not even know what a freaking caliper is!!! One might surmise that the overseers have a task too large to handle.

Until there is 'equal oversight', I will continue to 'drive my own maintained "LAND" vehicle'!!!!

You can continue your 'hypothetical' statistical analysis and 'a$$umption' of the ethnical influences and inferences in this situation, but you might get a grip on some of this and see that ethnicity has little ( if any) involvement with it.

Equality 'in this life' is determined and regulated by those with the scratch!

B) UT

RAT says, "Windows 95 must not have received it's 'service pack' d/l...There were some big lines over there at F9, the loyalist passengers didn't look too happy, except for the lucky ones who Fish was seen handing donuts out to--all 11 of 'em (factoring in the 1 jelly-glazed Fish enjoyed himself). Use a napkin next time, sheesh!"

Rat it was a switch over to a whole NEW RES (SABRE) system so things were expected to be hectic, but everything is up and running smooth on day two :up: . I wonder how much UniTED lost on the delays and cancellation (52+) after the ALL STAR games here :shock: ????? And FISH isn't in customer service dude, SO I wouldn't have any business at the ticket counters :p . We'll see how your feeling when round three comes your way there RAT, since UniTED continues to lose about 4 MIL a day VS F9'S 9.5K a day?????

C'mon Chum, you once patted yourself on the back when you informed The Forum that you helped out an elderly couple (late last year)-- by going out of your way. I figured you'd be in the 'heat' of the action, trying to save (buy back) and comfort some of your stranded/inconvienienced customers. You mean to tell me that you didn't care about those people standing in your HUGE LINES? You ate all 12 donuts? Now let me get this straight...It's a New Year, you don't care about your customers anymore, you can eat a dozen donuts, and you're inconsistent with respect to Customer Service. I see...You've changed man, I just don't know you anymore...