United Continental Shifts Jobs to Trim Costs

topDawg said:
can someone post the section 1 of the UA ramp contract. From what I remember it basically allows United to cut every mainline station that isn't a hub..... 
and Delta doesn't lay off an FA when they close a base BTW. They just become commuters.

Oh and so far the cut backs in CVG have resulted in more mainline employees (sadly it was mostly RR) but Delta took over the ramp in CVG and hired around 100 people. 

just sayin....

The new contract covers the 7 hubs and 23 large line stations till '16. The old contract protected all cities that had mainline flights.
Scope was given up and this contract was passed for a various number of reasons. According to the company, 45 line stations are up for grabs. First there was 6 stations gone; now this round was 15, but now it is 12 because 3 of the cities wasn't supposed to be cut since they are LOA #6 cities.  But I think that 30 more will be on the block within the coming year. It also depends on how fast they can get E175's on property as well. It is also tied into the reduction of 50 seaters. And the new pilot rest rules (which hastened the dehubbing of CLE).

A lot of moving parts, I can't even explain it all. But morale is in the dumps around here. 

Reactions: 2 people