UNITED CSR Doug Beaman

This was a good story, if it's real then all the pilot had to do was push back, fly to BOS and at the gate there, go do and get the JB pilots bag. End of story.

Somethings not right here...if there were no witnesses to the initial altercation then why was the pilot arrested? Last I checked simply pointing at someone and claiming assault didn't get too many people arrested without some incriminating evidence to prove the point.

On a side note don't use employee file numbers on an open forum

TSH

Unfortunately the Denver police are among the most unprofessional in the country. My limited dealings with them have left me very wary of any encounter with them. A few years ago I was issued a careless driving ticket by a Denver cop who simply listened to the story of a guy who purposely ran into my vehicle on the highway. And this after he admitted throwing bottles at my car. The judge threw it out, and when fellow police officers heard the story from my lawyer, one rolled his eyes and said "Oh yeah - she's got her own agenda."

So it's not hard for me to believe the captain was arrested on nothing but hearsay.

Also, I had a very nasty experience with a CSR years ago when I removed a flight attendant for insubordination (refusing to be briefed). The Seattle agent was livid for my making the flight late because of the removal and wrote a 4-page nastygram accusing me of - among many other things - racism. So this story brings back that bad memory, and I certainly sympathize with Captain Rood and his battle with the Denver police and the company, which has never supported captain's authority.

This was a good story, if it's real then all the pilot had to do was push back, fly to BOS and at the gate there, go do and get the JB pilots bag. End of story.

Agreed! However many times in the heat of the moment, logic and reason stroll hand in hand over to the coffee shop in that whistling past the graveyard kind of way. I'm thinking that's what happened here.

Latest posts