United Mechanics vote on new contract extensio

I saw a four year extension, raises, and a third guaranteed overhaul line.

What's with all the secrecy? Smells fishy to me. If it were a great deal it would have been leaked out a little. Still hope you all take the lead.

United itself confirmed the 4 year term & 3rd heavy line in a company intranet posting - Still no word on actual $$$ and still no details from the teamsters ... doesn't bode well when the company provides more info than the ibt ... still waiting.

United itself confirmed the 4 year term & 3rd heavy line in a company intranet posting - Still no word on actual $$$ and still no details from the teamsters ... doesn't bode well when the company provides more info than the ibt ... still waiting.

You should relax a little.

“We are hoping to have details available to all next week while Mr. Schoembs goes over the wages once more (in order to make sure they are correct for every group represented within the bargaining unit)”

Next week means any time from Monday on. I’m sure they also want to format some of the basic details such as the wages as mentioned.

Since it’s also being called an extension they probably are just going to redline the changes and that’s it?

Either way I hope 🤞 you like the details.

You should relax a little.

Who's excited?

Pointing out ibt shenanigans is nothing I lose sleep over.

Last "extension" we had details within 72 hours - formatting, wages, proofing done, yet this "extension" was announced weeks ago and as of this moment we've heard more from the company than the ibt.

TSH, fair warning... When we had the teamsters here, they said an agreement was in place for more work to come in house (back shops and the sort) come to find out a back door deal was also done (without a vote by members) to ship a line of maint into Canada with no teeth to bring it back. The second time was the agreement to allow maint to go over into El Salvador, this was just before they got fired, and AMFA took over and fought to bring it out of El Salvador and in turn was able to get restrictions, limits and added job security and headcounts and positions all protected. Otherwise, with the teamsters, NONE of that would have been in place at all and SWA would of had full control over ANY over seas outsourcing with no rules or regs in place.
I am in hopes you guys really do get a 3rd line of maint brought in house, added lines of maint is always a good thing. I do really wonder at what cost with the crooked teamsters though. Good luck with the new extension and keep us posted. Read all the fine print with the teamsters. They always only point out the good stuff and leave it to the members to find the bad stuff they had to agree to in order to get the added work in house. Happened 3 times with us, third time was the charm that got them fired.
The fact that they are NOT bragging about it concerns me greatly on what the reality of it all is... Be safe.

Who's excited?

Last "extension" we had details within 72 hours - formatting, wages, proofing done, yet this "extension" was announced weeks ago and as of this moment we've heard more from the company than the ibt.

What shenanigans? It’s been a while now since you turned down that Teamcare you didn’t want and since then all 4 Major Airlines have done a pretty good job at raising the wage bars.

You have a deal that’s being offered to you months before your last deal came up for renewal. That’s fantastic.

Why should they need to hurry if you’re not even owed anything yet?

TSH, fair warning... When we had the teamsters here, they said an agreement was in place for more work to come in house (back shops and the sort) come to find out a back door deal was also done (without a vote by members) to ship a line of maint into Canada with no teeth to bring it back. The second time was the agreement to allow maint to go over into El Salvador, this was just before they got fired, and AMFA took over and fought to bring it out of El Salvador and in turn was able to get restrictions, limits and added job security and headcounts and positions all protected. Otherwise, with the teamsters, NONE of that would have been in place at all and SWA would of had full control over ANY over seas outsourcing with no rules or regs in place.
I am in hopes you guys really do get a 3rd line of maint brought in house, added lines of maint is always a good thing. I do really wonder at what cost with the crooked teamsters though. Good luck with the new extension and keep us posted. Read all the fine print with the teamsters. They always only point out the good stuff and leave it to the members to find the bad stuff they had to agree to in order to get the added work in house. Happened 3 times with us, third time was the charm that got them fired.
The fact that they are NOT bragging about it concerns me greatly on what the reality of it all is... Be safe.

Stop 🛑 being a lying salesman. Again I have to continue to fact check you just to keep you from growing out of the cracks like a weed.

AMFA won representation from the Teamsters at SWA over 20 (Count them 20+) years ago and has NOT brought in any new work.

And as a matter of FACT you just voted on an extension for money that allows SWA Management to dump even more of your work.

In other words you paid for your own raises.

IMG_9658.jpeg

Who's excited?

Hopefully this sets a new precedent for us at AA and the upcoming UAL talks to follow? Expedited negotiations.

We “may” be at a point for both AMT’s and Ramp where the Companies and the Members are satisfied with the guts of our Contracts and all that really needs to be discussed is a few tweaks and wage raises?

Personally at AA I’m satisfied with what the Association negotiated in 2020 and also don’t read any major complaints on any of the M&R Boards either.

Edit: ✍️ Interesting article from one year ago.

Last edited:
You have a deal that’s being offered to you months before your last deal came up for renewal. That’s fantastic.

Why should they need to hurry if you’re not even owed anything yet?

Who said they needed to hurry? I haven't been on here demanding a contract or extension. However, when they claim they have a TA well over 2 weeks ago, and previous TA's for both extensions and FULL CBA have had at least bullet points well within that time frame, their lack of information doesn't bode well for the still unknown content of said TA

And just how do you quantify this as "fantastic"? Because the ibt got us an extension, before the renewal date? We haven't even seen anything beyond the token duration and the promise of a 3rd (so far undefined) heavy chk line. ... and we got that from the company.

We still don't know what the ibt gave up this time. Seeing as the last extension details arrived alittle more than 48 hours later - and that extension, they gave away narrow body heavy checks to foreign outsourcing, all for a mere 6 vaguely defined "heavy" chks - this caused so much blow back the last time the ibt put out this clarification

"...if the company avails themselves of the new provision in Article 1.B. paragraph 11, they must then protect an additional 4 heavy maintenance lines, whether that be mod work, AD work or heavy check work...."

Thats some crap language

AMFA won representation from the Teamsters at SWA over 20 (Count them 20+) years ago and has NOT brought in any new work.

And as a matter of FACT you just voted on an extension for money that allows SWA Management to dump even more of your work.

In other words you paid for your own raises.

So where is your condemnation for the ibt? The ibt, even with their vaguely defined promise of six "heavy" chks above, has lost more work here at UAL. At SFO alone they gave away language that we had at the merger that guaranteed 3 Heavy chks by fleet type - A320, 757 & 777, thats in addition to what CAL had at IAH & MCO at the time. Nevermind all the heavy shop work SFO lost under the ibt.

Selective outrage perhaps?

Last edited:
Reactions: SWAMECH
Who said they needed to hurry? I haven't been on here demanding a contract or extension. However, when they claim they have a TA well over 2 weeks ago, and previous TA's for both extensions and FULL CBA have had at least bullet points well within that time frame, their lack of information doesn't bode well for the still unknown content of said TA

And just how do you quantify this as "fantastic"? Because the ibt got us an extension, before the renewal date? We haven't even seen anything beyond the token duration and the promise of a 3rd (so far undefined) heavy chk line. ... and we got that from the company.

We still don't know what the ibt gave up this time. Seeing as the last extension details arrived alittle more than 48 hours later - and that extension, they gave away narrow body heavy checks to foreign outsourcing, all for a mere 6 vaguely defined "heavy" chks - this caused so much blow back the last time the ibt put out this clarification

"...if the company avails themselves of the new provision in Article 1.B. paragraph 11, they must then protect an additional 4 heavy maintenance lines, whether that be mod work, AD work or heavy check work...."

Thats some crap language

So where is your condemnation for the ibt? The ibt, even with their vaguely defined promise of six "heavy" chks above, has lost more work here at UAL. At SFO alone they gave away language that we had at the merger that guaranteed 3 Heavy chks by fleet type - A320, 757 & 777, thats in addition to what CAL had at IAH & MCO at the time. Nevermind all the heavy shop work SFO lost under the ibt.

Selective outrage perhaps?

Ok you’re right and I got a little ahead of myself there. I definitely shouldn’t say fantastic until you get the details.

Selective outrage? Not quite. I’m just hitting the guy from SWA who will never admit that his group isn’t as great as he likes to shake his Pom Pom’s over. Every “Legacy Airline” Union lost work in the 2000’s with concessions and Bankruptcies. The question is what’s been gained back since?

SWA wasn’t a Legacy and never went Bankrupt. So how come AMFA couldn’t gain work that either the IBT lost or never had?

Is the IBT doing good for your group? I guess that depends on how the voting goes? Same goes for the TWU, IAM and yes AMFA if that’s what their members wanted.