United To Consider Acquisitions

The good news is that UA was not forced into an merger situation on someone else's terms in order to emerge, as was the case for USairways. It is also good news that IF consolidation in inevitable, then UA will be in the driver's seat. It's called being in control of your destiny, and that is good news.

As for the rest, I think JAMAKE1 said it very well. No need to recap.

I really can't agree with your outlook. It might be the "glass empty vs. glass full" situation, but you all sacrificed alot with job losses, and pay and benefit cuts, but the executives get a nice little chunk of the company.
Would you all fee the same way if you were reduced to $25000 a year and LUCKY to be employed?

JAMAKE1 is grateful to be morking MORE hours to make up for paycuts? MORE HOURS? Why? Because someone else is laid off?

Grateful for a 401k plan vs traditional defined benefit plan?

Good luck drinking the Kool-Aid!

I really can't agree with your outlook. It might be the "glass empty vs. glass full" situation, but you all sacrificed alot with job losses, and pay and benefit cuts, but the executives get a nice little chunk of the company.
Would you all fee the same way if you were reduced to $25000 a year and LUCKY to be employed?

JAMAKE1 is grateful to be morking MORE hours to make up for paycuts? MORE HOURS? Why? Because someone else is laid off?

Grateful for a 401k plan vs traditional defined benefit plan?

Good luck drinking the Kool-Aid!

I am not exactly a cheerleader when it comes to UAL management, but I will say this: While pay cuts indeed suck, I am grateful that I have a position that allows me to make up for my earnings shortfall. Most people in corporate America who have to take paycuts, have it IMPOSED upon them, with no way to make up for it, other than choosing to separate from the company. So while paycuts were unpleasant, I am grateful to have a job that allows me the opportunity to make it up, should I so choose to work more. During United's restructuring, I had the opportunity to take a voluntary furlough. During my time off, I worked in the real world (corporate America) as an Executive Assistant. The grass certainly wasn't any greener in the real world. And most working Americans do not have a pension, they have a 401K with some level of company match. So now I have a reduced pension AND a 401K with some company match. While you may choose to think that I am drinking some company Kool Aid, I choose to see my glass as half full, because I know it could of been much worse. And inspite of the pension dumps, pay cuts, etc. I still have a job that averages 15 days off a month and the opportunity to get paid for playing in places like Sydney, Shanghai, the beaches of Hawaii, or the great cities of New York and Boston. For me, it is STILL a pretty damn good gig. Enough said...

Polar Air Cargo was acquired by the corporate parent of Atlas in November, 2001:

http://www.polaraircargo.com/aboutus/fact.asp

:D Well I guess that's why I heard they were both part of the aquisition plan. :up: More revenue for UAL, no need for additional F/A's, more 747 flying for our pilots. I hope this rumor is true. I think it would be a much easier merger than some of the other scenarios floating around. Not all airlines are losing money, only the ones hauling people. :p

:D Well I guess that's why I heard they were both part of the aquisition plan. :up: More revenue for UAL, no need for additional F/A's, more 747 flying for our pilots. I hope this rumor is true. I think it would be a much easier merger than some of the other scenarios floating around. Not all airlines are losing money, only the ones hauling people. :p

...ual will be merged ;)

...ual will be merged ;)

IS BULSCU A SYNONYM FOR USA320PILOT??

Just because you repeat it, doesn't mean it will come true, we are all very used to flamers like yourself looking to rile UAL employees.

Good Job....

JBG :down:

Most people in corporate America who have to take paycuts, have it IMPOSED upon them,

You don't think your paycut was "IMPOSED" on you?

Come On..............If your union hadn't agreed to the cuts, then your Uncle Tilton would of had Da Judge "IMPOSE" the cuts on you. You really took it in if you think the union had the upper hand in these negotiations. What flavor is the Kool Aid? :lol:

IS BULSCU A SYNONYM FOR USA320PILOT??

Just because you repeat it, doesn't mean it will come true, we are all very used to flamers like yourself looking to rile UAL employees.

Good Job....
JBG :down:

...with cal and instead of being liquidated months ago ;)

You don't think your paycut was "IMPOSED" on you?

Come On..............If your union hadn't agreed to the cuts, then your Uncle Tilton would of had Da Judge "IMPOSE" the cuts on you. You really took it in if you think the union had the upper hand in these negotiations. What flavor is the Kool Aid? :lol:

I think you have missed my point. Without trying to justify myself further, I will just say that in spite all that has happened. it is still a workable gig. When it stops working for me, then I will re-evaluate. Enough said.

...with cal and instead of being liquidated months ago ;)
That's garbage. If UAL were going to liquidate months ago, they would have.

CAL did nothing to keep UAL's head above water, no matter how many cryptic posts you type.

What's the matter? Afraid UAL is going to staple you? Never fear, I've heard from some very reliable sources that United is going to go with the freight company, so you need to go find another dance partner. I hear Delta is looking.

UA is not going to buy more cargo capacity.

Talk to Scott Dolan. He replaced the UA guy before him who was advocating that strategy.

Strudel will become a new menu item on UA

UA is not going to buy more cargo capacity.

Talk to Scott Dolan. He replaced the UA guy before him who was advocating that strategy.

Strudel will become a new menu item on UA
Won't be happening anytime soon. We all know how long it takes Congress to pass anything. There will be consolidation long before that law is changed.