US Air Apply For DCA Slots

we need real jets... airbus... that is all... not regional... sorry... but that is my what I think.... airbus... in and out of DCA not regionals...

Chippy needs to work on this... let him know... call him...

Reactions: 2 people
SWA applied for DCAOKC and it was not awarded, now US applies for same while SWA has applied for DCAHOU. Wonder who the DOT will award the service to. To date US has about 260 slots plus out of DCA to various cities. US pulled out of OKC and TUL few years back I do believe. SWA is new to the DCA market and serves several of its focus cities with 737 aircraft. This along with lower fares could put them in the running for the service DCAHOU. SWA has planned a large international terminal to be built at HOU in the upcoming years.

Oh, they just have to give it to SWA, that's the only right thing to do. They are new to the DCA market, so only they deserve to be awarded the slots. Is anyone keeping track of just how many handouts poor little ole Southwest has gotten because they are the new kids on the block? Pizza party anyone?

At the end of the day, WN flights to HOU make the most sense to A) add competition in a monopolistic market and B) provides the most consumer benefit of all applications with beyond HOU flights. US' application uses the smallest aircraft and B6's introduces nonstop on a small to mid-size point to point market that's already served. US' application to serve OKC will take the same arguments WN made when the last slot award went to US to continue JAN service. The only leverage US will have is if WN comes out to discredit the argument to US is making to serve OKC. The rebuttal goes along the lines of, "our application is consistent with WN's reasons to serve OKC, but now they don't believe it was a worthy market. Do you trust what they're saying to serve HOU?"

Oh, they just have to give it to SWA, that's the only right thing to do. They are new to the DCA market, so only they deserve to be awarded the slots. Is anyone keeping track of just how many handouts poor little ole Southwest has gotten because they are the new kids on the block? Pizza party anyone?

But SWA really isn't new to the DCA market. They've owned AirTran for a while, and I believe AirTran has been in DCA for quite some time.

Wow. You sure read way too much into gizmo's post. Got some sort of axe to grind with swa?

Oh, well.....
Am I a SWA lover? No....
Preferential treatment only goes so far.

Latest posts