US routes discussion on anet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Over at airnutters airliners.net, there is quite a discussion about possible new flying with aircraft freed up from the LAS pull down. As with anything on anet, there is a high drivel to insight ratio. (Glad that never happens here) :D

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5252460/

Have fun. And - so far - it has not become an East vs West pilots' slugfest.

:D
Over at airnutters airliners.net, there is quite a discussion about possible new flying with aircraft freed up from the LAS pull down. As with anything on anet, there is a high drivel to insight ratio. (Glad that never happens here) :D

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5252460/

Have fun. And - so far - it has not become an East vs West pilots' slugfest.

:D

Reactions: 1 person
I have heard that ATL will get 3 flts to DCA and add another flt to PHX..Also ramp will be going to be inhouse soon..Possibly more flts from ATL..

Probaby the ATL buildup is just to be a thorn in one's side for DAL or is it WN. I would think US Airways should protect the CLT fortress at this point and not make an attack on ATL. In ATL doing battle with DAL and WN is going to be an interesting scenario!

Haven't read all of the anet thread, but quire a few of the posts discuss the potential linking of "west cities" like SLC and OMA to the hubs in the East; that does raise a good point indeed. IIRC, USAir had mainline PIT-OMA service for a while in the early 90s. As much as I would like to see mainline metal OMA-PHL, that is quite unlikely; it might make for a CRJ-900 route. (Not that I would really want to be on "Satan's Chariot" for such a flight). An SLC-East flight would be nice, too. And maybe year round PHL/SMF-PHL?

We all know that new routes in the past few years have been almost all outsourced express flying, but the mainline metal being pulled from LAS has to go somewhere. It will be interesting to see where.

US has tried DCA-ATL many times and it never seems to work. I can't imagine them trying again.

Probaby the ATL buildup is just to be a thorn in one's side for DAL or is it WN. I would think US Airways should protect the CLT fortress at this point and not make an attack on ATL. In ATL doing battle with DAL and WN is going to be an interesting scenario!

Pre merger, PHL-ATL flights were full and most were Silver and up. I was chatting with an agent down there and on one of my flights, 85 customers were Elites. My guess is US would be trying to either capture more high yield traffic or make sure they preserve what they have as I would think WN would try PHL-ATL with the Air-Tran merger complete. Air-tran already did the route so I'd think they'd beef it up with WN running the show especially since WN pulled down some flying out of PHL.

Hope some clt and or dca flights from hvn will happen.Runway overruns added,obstructions removed.A very under served airport that could be low hanging fruit for airways.Being less than 20 miles from bridgeport,this metro area could prove to be quite large when combined with the new haven market.The bridgeport airports runways are too short for commercial leaving hvn as the nearest airport.

... My guess is US would be trying to either capture more high yield traffic or make sure they preserve what they have ...

Well, you guess WRONG!

Have you even paid slight attention to the tack the Tempe brain trust has taken since the merger? They have made many intentional efforts to make the product less appealing to the high yield traffic, and attract the "Kettle Class" traveler. Why? Their hubs were PHX and LAS, for cryin' out loud....what else did they know than the Kettles?

Well, you guess WRONG!

Have you even paid slight attention to the tack the Tempe brain trust has taken since the merger? They have made many intentional efforts to make the product less appealing to the high yield traffic, and attract the "Kettle Class" traveler. Why? Their hubs were PHX and LAS, for cryin' out loud....what else did they know than the Kettles?

Two years ago I'd have never responded as I did as you were correct. Last year or so they've had somewhat of a change of heart.

Don't confuse trying to save every dime they can to survive with intentionally ticking off higher yield traffic. After all, even PHX and LAS have business traffic. While I certainly think they made some dumb decisions, they were faced with some pretty dire consequences too.

Jim

Don't confuse trying to save every dime they can to survive with intentionally ticking off higher yield traffic. After all, even PHX and LAS have business traffic. While I certainly think they made some dumb decisions, they were faced with some pretty dire consequences too.

Jim
Sorry Jim.

Their "dire consequences" comprised a difference of a few percent cash flow. ALPA bought off on the going down in flames meme. The rest of us, including Buffett, know better. You got punked.

You may wish to study how Buffett studies a company, taking the periodic reports as only one part of the picture.

Sorry Jim.

Their "dire consequences" comprised a difference of a few percent cash flow. ALPA bought off on the going down in flames meme. The rest of us, including Buffett, know better. You got punked.

You may wish to study how Buffett studies a company, taking the periodic reports as only one part of the picture.

Well Buffet has no credibility after siding with the Back Bench Junior Senator posing as President. He also demonstrates he has little knowledge of how the fed destroy the life on the working man. He's made all these claims, where is his tax return and that of his secretary? Another Washington fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts