US routes discussion on anet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Jim.

Their "dire consequences" comprised a difference of a few percent cash flow.

A "few percent", as you put it, of a $10 Billion company isn't an amount to sneeze at, especially when there's much less cushion over the cash on hand requirement that the credit card processor stipulates than that "few percent". Stick with your day job since it's obvious you know nothing about airline finances.

Jim

Well Buffet has no credibility after siding with the Back Bench Junior Senator posing as President. He also demonstrates he has little knowledge of how the fed destroy the life on the working man. He's made all these claims, where is his tax return and that of his secretary? Another Washington fraud.
Awe, you just had to try to impose politics on reality. You lose.

He is the closest thing you right wing whack jobs have to John Galt and you blow it every time. He actually works for his income, something you right wingers desperately try to avoid. You label him the "sage of wall street" yet you publicly ignore him. Nice schizophrenia, there. Freaks.

Awe, you just had to try to impose politics on reality. You lose.

He is the closest thing you right wing whack jobs have to John Galt and you blow it every time. He actually works for his income, something you right wingers desperately try to avoid. You label him the "sage of wall street" yet you publicly ignore him. Nice schizophrenia, there. Freaks.

Please visit www.lp.org and pull your head out and educate yourself. I'm a Libertarian NOT a Neo-Con. The open question is are you intelligent enough to know the difference?

Reactions: 1 person
Please visit www.lp.org and pull your head out and educate yourself. I'm a Libertarian NOT a Neo-Con. The open question is are you intelligent enough to know the difference?

Libertarian Party, 41 years of complete and utter failure, no governors, no congressmen, no senators, no presidential candidate with over 1% of the vote.

Just some worthless, unopposed water commissioners, school boards, and other meaningless appointments. I was in LP, even visited a convention, but its a joke. A huge waste of money and resources, nothing will ever be done because no one will ever compromise the smallest bit to get anything done. Pure fail.

I am quite familiar with the term, libertarian. That you profess to be one, is yet to be proven since parroting other's words hardly makes one.

Are you knowledgeable to know the difference between a "Neo-Con" and a "Libertarian", as you profess? Can a "Neo-Con" be also a "Libertarian" or are they mutually exclusive?

Two years ago I'd have never responded as I did as you were correct. Last year or so they've had somewhat of a change of heart.

Damn straight they have. I've gone from being merely not embarrassed to fly with LCC to booking on purpose with them wherever possible domestically and to Europe. I'll even forgive their membership in Star. People like to talk a lot of smack about what happens in Tempe, but the truth is that 'Airways has indeed pulled more than a few rabbits out of quite a few hats lately. BS with the East pilots notwithstanding...

I am quite familiar with the term, libertarian. That you profess to be one, is yet to be proven since parroting other's words hardly makes one.

Are you knowledgeable to know the difference between a "Neo-Con" and a "Libertarian", as you profess? Can a "Neo-Con" be also a "Libertarian" or are they mutually exclusive?

Indeed there are areas where their respective POVs overlap. Unfortunately, they really are becoming harder and harder to tell apart as the extremists take over the GOP and the LPs have to enlarge the tent, so to speak.

C'mion, folks! Let's get this one back on track. Please take the politics to the water cooler thread. This topic was potential new US flying following the pull down in Las Vegas. Please get back to that or I will ask the mods to shut this one down.

BS with the East pilots notwithstanding...

Hmmm. Since you speak of booking travel on US I am assuming that you are a customer and not an employee. Thank you for your business.

Exactly what do you see as "BS with East pilots" and how does it affect you as a customer?

I thought non-pilots were tired of having the pilot's food fight brought into every thread, yet here we are.

Hmmm. Since you speak of booking travel on US I am assuming that you are a customer and not an employee. Thank you for your business.

Exactly what do you see as "BS with East pilots" and how does it affect you as a customer?

I thought non-pilots were tired of having the pilot's food fight brought into every thread, yet here we are.

I never said I was tired of anything, :)

Anyway, I'm something of both. I'm a station mgr for a company that does an awful lot of business with Airways. As such, no I do not get flight benefits and do purchase tickets. However, as it is my station that deals most with Airways there, what happens at the airline does indeed affect my job, so it pays to keep an ear to the ground. Three years ago, when I did actually work in house for LCC, the situation was even more pertinent, for obvious reasons. But no, it's been a while since I've flown SA1 or 3.

The BS was the "safety campaign." I know that not all East pilots engaged in this. But I can say that from a customer (where all the money actually comes from) point of view, nobody was amused, and the consensus was that if the East pilots were that upset, they could always go dust crops or overnight packages in a caravan for about 100k less per year. Not saying that Tempe should be totally let off the hook, as a seniority integration is way overdue, but people shouldn't have missed connections over the issue. Plus, I can see having a problem with it too from the rampers/mechanics, etc point of view as well for losing their on-time rating bonuses over it.

Anyway, I'm something of both. I'm a station mgr for a company that does an awful lot of business with Airways. As such, no I do not get flight benefits and do purchase tickets. However, as it is my station that deals most with Airways there, what happens at the airline does indeed affect my job, so it pays to keep an ear to the ground. Three years ago, when I did actually work in house for LCC, the situation was even more pertinent, for obvious reasons. But no, it's been a while since I've flown SA1 or 3.

The BS was the "safety campaign." I know that not all East pilots engaged in this. But I can say that from a customer (where all the money actually comes from) point of view, nobody was amused, and the consensus was that if the East pilots were that upset, they could always go dust crops or overnight packages in a caravan for about 100k less per year. Not saying that Tempe should be totally let off the hook, as a seniority integration is way overdue, but people shouldn't have missed connections over the issue. Plus, I can see having a problem with it too from the rampers/mechanics, etc point of view as well for losing their on-time rating bonuses over it.

Thanks for the answer. My Dad came from you side of the operation, so I certainly understand your POV.

I hope you understand that the "Safety Campaign" was not bs, what was bs was the people that used it to "stick it to Doug". Thing is, there have been people doing that for years because they are mad about the way we have been treated. There are legitimate concerns with the way senior flight ops management is heading. I also hope you know that a lot of ops people used the allegations of "illegal job actions" to sweep their mistakes over to the pilots. I've had it happen to me several times over that last 3 months. I've had agents and passengers take the company's declaration and throw it at me when I was doing all I could to move the operation along, but had legitimate mech. issues.

It's interesting that there has been no injunction issues, but our numbers are getting better. Especially considering CLT's longest runway is closed. Perhaps US learned from it's improper planning for the rnwy 5-23 and taxiway closing and adjusted it's schedule a little better?

Glad to see your POV, just as you said your not concerned with safety, just revenue,!

Cannot speak for all out there. I am sure there were some that wrote up questionable stuff.

However I can say with out a doubt that most of the airplanes you rode on during the summer were full of MEL'd items. (Broken items that were deferred for later) I am not talking about the things you can see as a pax like inop bathrooms etc, but system items, Radios, electronics, power systems, navigation etc.

I would wager that had you known about some of the items on the aircraft that you would not have been thrilled about riding in it, just like we didnt want to fly it like that.

Have seen improvements latley though, the Mel's have decreased and I am seeing more things being fixed to start with rather than sticker it and keep on going. Don't know if it's because the peak summer travel season is over or if they started stocking parts or running more maint. personnel per shift. I don't really care as long as I get an airplane with all the major systems working.

Still off topic.don't care about east vs west,too much said on that subject on other postings.I came to this topic to escape all that blah,blah,blah.

Thanks for the answer. My Dad came from you side of the operation, so I certainly understand your POV.

I hope you understand that the "Safety Campaign" was not bs, what was bs was the people that used it to "stick it to Doug". Thing is, there have been people doing that for years because they are mad about the way we have been treated. There are legitimate concerns with the way senior flight ops management is heading. I also hope you know that a lot of ops people used the allegations of "illegal job actions" to sweep their mistakes over to the pilots. I've had it happen to me several times over that last 3 months. I've had agents and passengers take the company's declaration and throw it at me when I was doing all I could to move the operation along, but had legitimate mech. issues.

I know it mainly wasn't. But seeing a lot the write ups that were turned in at my station, and some of the ridiculous taxi speeds (at one point I witnessed not one, but three AA Super80s taking a side route to pass a 190 enroute to the hold short line. You know it's bad when AA, who are famous for taking their time, are passing you!), I also know BS when I see it (again, I did actually work at US Airways mx for a number of years too). And yes there are/were a lot of folks on the other side kicking things over to the flightcrews to hide their own dirty laundry. When I say not amused, I mean the whole situation totally belied the fact that there are responsible adults at work here. I was most miffed about it though, because it's really seemed like Airways has been on a roll lately (they seem to be a much better operation overall then when I was there in house) otherwise.

Cannot speak for all out there. I am sure there were some that wrote up questionable stuff.

However I can say with out a doubt that most of the airplanes you rode on during the summer were full of MEL'd items. (Broken items that were deferred for later) I am not talking about the things you can see as a pax like inop bathrooms etc, but system items, Radios, electronics, power systems, navigation etc.

I would wager that had you known about some of the items on the aircraft that you would not have been thrilled about riding in it, just like we didnt want to fly it like that.

Don't I know it! I've worked at a few airlines, including Airways & Piedmont (EN that is). But compared to the two other mainline operations I've worked for in the past, and the other three airlines our current contract is with, US really isn't that bad. Not perfect, but not exactly NK either. I'll see your wager and raise you to saying that I doubt there is a single Airways West 733 without a major systems MEL on it as we speak (we see a lot of those here). And all add that what's her name who refused to take that A330 in Italy (or was it to Italy, I forget) the other month was right on. Captains do have the final say, I don't want a plane that can't maintain pressure in its Blue system or restart an engine over the Atlantic Ocean going out, (legal or otherwise.) But when a flight is canceled over an IDG inop (non-ETOPS of course!), that seems a little questionable. Especially considering how much harder it makes the rampers, reservations, & customer service folks have to scramble. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: 2 people
I know it mainly wasn't. But seeing a lot the write ups that were turned in at my station, and some of the ridiculous taxi speeds (at one point I witnessed not one, but three AA Super80s taking a side route to pass a 190 enroute to the hold short line. You know it's bad when AA, who are famous for taking their time, are passing you!), I also know BS when I see it (again, I did actually work at US Airways mx for a number of years too). And yes there are/were a lot of folks on the other side kicking things over to the flightcrews to hide their own dirty laundry. When I say not amused, I mean the whole situation totally belied the fact that there are responsible adults at work here. I was most miffed about it though, because it's really seemed like Airways has been on a roll lately (they seem to be a much better operation overall then when I was there in house) otherwise.

Don't I know it! I've worked at a few airlines, including Airways & Piedmont (EN that is). But compared to the two other mainline operations I've worked for in the past, and the other three airlines our current contract is with, US really isn't that bad. Not perfect, but not exactly NK either. I'll see your wager and raise you to saying that I doubt there is a single Airways West 733 without a major systems MEL on it as we speak (we see a lot of those here). And all add that what's her name who refused to take that A330 in Italy (or was it to Italy, I forget) the other month was right on. Captains do have the final say, I don't want a plane that can't maintain pressure in its Blue system or restart an engine over the Atlantic Ocean going out, (legal or otherwise.) But when a flight is canceled over an IDG inop (non-ETOPS of course!), that seems a little questionable. Especially considering how much harder it makes the rampers, reservations, & customer service folks have to scramble. Just my opinion though.

Thing is there are non ETOPS routes that I wont fly an a/c with an IDG inop. You can go over a lot of water to island destinations and not be ETOPS. Depends on the route they file you on.

Status
Not open for further replies.