Us Air Could Invest In Acquiring More Assets

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
See Story

Dr. David Bronner, US Airways chairman of the board tells Ted Reed of the Charlotee Observer, "if the airline turns profitable, it could invest in acquiring more assets."

Again, once US Airways stabilizes itself there could be a corproate transaction in the company's future, which could be a RSA financed UCT/ICT, AF-KLM type of merger, or a true merger.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

When asked why we didn’t hedge more fuel, Bronner was clearly annoyed. He said that hedging requires us to put money up front in escrow and we don’t have it.
you say with what there buddy?? :lol:
"if the airline turns profitable, it could invest in acquiring more assets."
it in this sentence refers to U not rsa....

Dell:

I said after the company stablizes itself, did you miss that part? By the way, you would be very surprised who recently told me a deal will proceed, provided US Airways and its unions reach agreement on the "Going Forward Plan."

Separately, I understand that it may not be necessary for all of the unions to agree to the plan and there could be some union surprises in the future.

By the way, I fully understand what Bronner said today.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Lark:

With all due respect, can you tell me where I indicated or said "Okay, we all get it, you have the inside track and no one else knows as much as you do about anything worth knowing. Here is a great big high five...feel better now?"

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Dell:

I said after the company stablizes itself, did you miss that part? By the way, you would be very surprised who recently told me a deal will proceed, provided US Airways and its unions reach agreement on the "Going Forward Plan."

Separately, I understand that it may not be necessary for all of the unions to agree to the plan and there could be some union surprises in the future.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
I said after the company stablizes itself, did you miss that part?don't hold your breath then would be my best advice...
there could be some union surprises in the future.
oh dear...must we go there??
what ,IAM kicked off the property?

By the way, you would be very surprised who recently told me a deal will proceed, provided US Airways and its unions reach agreement on the "Going Forward Plan."

Now, it it any clearer?

USA320Pilot said:
Dr. David Bronner, US Airways chairman of the board tells Ted Reed of the Charlotee Observer, "if the airline turns profitable, it could invest in acquiring more assets."

Again, once US Airways stabilizes itself there could be a corproate transaction in the company's future, which could be a RSA financed UCT/ICT, AF-KLM type of merger, or a true merger.
USA320Pilot:

In your never-ending quest to latch onto anything that could even remotely appear to support your ICT/UCT/merger theories, you must have missed the two paragraphs immediately preceeding the line that you quoted from the article. To refresh your memory ...

He said it's too early to tell whether the airline will sell assets after retaining investment banker Morgan Stanley to seek offers. But to maintain credibility with Morgan Stanley and bidders, it's important to make a decision within a few months, he said. "If you stay in the red, you sell assets," he said. "Once you get in the black, it's a new game."

Retirement Systems of Alabama, which gained control of the airline during its bankruptcy, won't put more money into US Airways now. "You never want to throw good money after bad ... to save something that's bleeding," he said.

IMHO, these two quoted paragraphs indicate that it is at least as likely that some of US Airways' assets might be sold as it is that other assets might be acquired. Moreover, isn't it much more likely that the assets Bronner is referring to are the "promised" 60 additional Airbus aircraft and the numerous CRJ-700s and EMB-170s on order rather than some part of "US Airways' code-sharing business partner"?

Cosmo:

Nope, but they're coming too. By the way, it didn't take long for you to respond from your UA home. Furthermore, you forgot the CRJ-200s and B767-200s.

By the way, you should have been to the meetings.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
By the way, it didn't take long for you to respond from your UA home.
My God, man -- how dense are you? How many times do I have to tell you that I don't work for United or any other airline? Has it ever occurred to you that not everyone who disagrees with your cockamamie and unsupported United-US Airways ICT/UCT/merger theories is a United employee? Get over yourself!

Well All you naysayers.... So what did bronner mean by that if it wasnt meant to spur conversation about what he is willing to do . Having no money to hedge fule is about to day not if and when we make a turn around. I got from those comments that hes not willing to toss money at a bleeding wound but once it stops hes more than willing to further invest. What would you nay sayers suggest he meant?

USA320Pilot said:
Dr. David Bronner, US Airways chairman of the board tells Ted Reed of the Charlotee Observer, "IF the airline turns profitable, it could invest in acquiring more assets."
Well, duhhh...

But isn't that a pretty big "IF?"

Bear96 said:
USA320Pilot said:
Dr. David Bronner, US Airways chairman of the board tells Ted Reed of the Charlotee Observer, "IF the airline turns profitable, it could invest in acquiring more assets."
Well, duhhh...

But isn't that a pretty big "IF?"
Hmmm,

We can't afford to hedge fuel

We can't afford to honor contracts

We can't afford to pay the employee's

..in the next breath , we can afford a UCT/ICT scenario if everyone works for nothing..and I mean far fewer people when using the word everyone.

Sounds like a perfect little world for everyone at the top....but it sounds like a dark corner of hell to me.