Us Air Could Invest In Acquiring More Assets

AOG-N-IT said:
Sounds like a perfect little world for everyone at the top....but it sounds like a dark corner of hell to me.
That top percent also include the top senior people in the union ranks, but unfortunately for guys like us without 30 years service, the future looks bleak at best, but there is still a future remember, it’s just that U may not be part of it.

The fact is were talking about today and a possible tomorrow. Two different time frames here.

USA320Pilot said:
Dell:

I said after the company stablizes itself, did you miss that part? By the way, you would be very surprised who recently told me a deal will proceed, provided US Airways and its unions reach agreement on the "Going Forward Plan."

Separately, I understand that it may not be necessary for all of the unions to agree to the plan and there could be some union surprises in the future.

By the way, I fully understand what Bronner said today.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Here we go again,

We are still waiting for your reply to what the "Painful" clause is in the IAM Mechanic and Related Contract is, come Woody tell us!

I can't believe management is coming back with another round of concessions and the usual ultimatum. How can you all live like this? Threats and more threats, with the always looming possibility of no job. Do you feel like you have been enslaved? U truely have "nothing to loose but your chains." Move on or plan to move on and you can be free again. Why do you let Bronner Bull and the Seagull do this to you?

autofixer said:
I can't believe management is coming back with another round of concessions and the usual ultimatum. How can you all live like this? Threats and more threats, with the always looming possibility of no job. Do you feel like you have been enslaved? U truely have "nothing to loose but your chains." Move on or plan to move on and you can be free again. Why do you let Bronner Bull and the Seagull do this to you?
notice how quickly all the lovely people fall in line?
like they put something in the koolaid again....

USA320Pilot said:
Again, once US Airways stabilizes itself there could be a corproate transaction in the company's future, which could be a RSA financed UCT/ICT, AF-KLM type of merger, or a true merger.
Sorry USA320pilot, but it's painfullt obvious to most that you are once again latching onto one small sentence in an article and ignoring the entire message. I believe it's called taking something out of context. :rolleyes:

As Cosmo pointed out, did you miss the 2 paragraphs prior to the part you cut and pasted???? Let me quote it for you just incase...

"He said it's too early to tell whether the airline will sell assets after retaining investment banker Morgan Stanley to seek offers. But to maintain credibility with Morgan Stanley and bidders, it's important to make a decision within a few months, he said. "If you stay in the red, you sell assets," he said. "Once you get in the black, it's a new game."

Retirement Systems of Alabama, which gained control of the airline during its bankruptcy, won't put more money into US Airways now. "You never want to throw good money after bad ... to save something that's bleeding," he said."

Please spare me the same old comments about how "quickly" the UA employees come onto YOUR precious site to refute your comments. If you talk about us and spread your never ending sepculations as fact, we will come and offer some objective counter viewpoints.

Sure... IF US turns profitable then it (US, not RSA) could invest in aquiring assets (such as 60 more airplanes, or ratty old 767-200 that someone else no longer wants). Similarly, If I win the lottery I can retire early. But somehow reality always seems to spoil the grandest of fantasies. Oh well... :down:

AOG-N-IT said:
We can't afford to hedge fuel

We can't afford to honor contracts

We can't afford to pay the employee's

..in the next breath , we can afford a UCT/ICT scenario if everyone works for nothing..and I mean far fewer people when using the word everyone.

Sounds like a perfect little world for everyone at the top....but it sounds like a dark corner of hell to me.
Exactly.

Bronner won't spend a few million on fuel hedges, but he's going to spend a few hundred million on United assets. Good luck.

Oh, and it stands to reason that if/when U becomes profitable enough in Bronner's mind to risk a further investment, UA will be back on it's feet and kicking.

All these things would ruin the UCT theory. I hate to say it, but

Dorothy at 11.

Retirement Systems of Alabama, which gained control of the airline during its bankruptcy, won't put more money into US Airways now. "You never want to throw good money after bad ... to save something that's bleeding ," he said.

How in the world can he expect the employees to give more when he makes a statement like that?