Us Air Weighs Extra Measures To Help Finances

USA320Pilot said:
Delldude:

I have said all along that I believe it's in the IAM's best interests to reach a cost- effective accord with the company on a way to keep the A320 overhaul in-house.
You know, they have a cost effective method--the existing contract.

Now, if you want to compare apples to apples, perhaps ALPA should consider a "cost-effective" way to keep A320 flying in house--all you have to do is to do it for MESA rates. That's basically what you are inferring that the IAM-M should do.

Are you prepared to step to the plate and sit in the pointy end for $40-60k/year? If not, why exactly should another labor group allow management to gut the very heart of it's contract?

Captain Boomer :posted: Feb 3 2004, 04:04 AM

"I for one am NOT in favor of anyone flying the EMB-170, other than mainline pilots who are furloughed. Having it flown on the mainline certificate was a last minute change and for the life of me I can't remember why. MAA was supposed to have its OWN ceritficate. The cost of bearing the extra fleet type, the startup costs, and the rest was a capitulation by management to ALPA for the second restructuring which saw the furloughed pilots go from 80,000 a year flying Captain on this jet and 50,000 as F/O to 60,000 as a Capt. and 40,000 as F/O. The Union was pretty firm that anything this size would be flown by the mainline guys."

A top 5 MAA exec. briefly explained to me that the FAA or whatever controlling agency told MAA that they did not have the required startup capital, however it was not for them to deny Usair from adding another aircraft type to their fleet.

USA320Pilot said:
USA320Pilot comments: Last month US Airways issued a new Corporate Ethics manual that forbids employees from providing identity on an internet message board. I'm surprised you did not see the topic on this message board, but on second thought, since you only comment on United Airlines I know why you missed the Ethics topic.
I am aware of the policy.

It just surprises me that someone who seemed to think ID-ing themselves was such an important matter of self-respect and machismo that he would take others to task for it if they dared disagree with the almighty (or whatever his name was), would buckle under so easily to a silly old corporate policy.

The way that other poster spoke about the evils of remaining anonymous, I would've expected a little more show of strength and resistance on his part to the policy.

There is no agenda here, but I believe the IAM-M will lose the A320 outsourcing appeal. If they do, then the issue will be a minor dispute and the IAM will have very little leverage.

Watch out then.

Again, I believe it's in the IAM's best interest to cut a deal before the appellate court decision is announced.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Now you are a lawyer too?

Cut a deal? NO FREAKING WAY!

Judge Cindrich upheld his ruling twice, the appealate court has all ready upheld it once.

What are you smoking?

The IAM will prevail once again, federal judges don't overturn federal judges unless a careless mistake was made.

The Honorable Judge Cindrich took is time with evaulating all the information and ruled properly.

Why don't you agree to fly the Airbus at Mesa wages, then no one in this company would have to even think about concessions.

You know you are a piece of work.

You have still avoided the previous questions asked of you and now lets hear why you think the company will prevail!

Oh I know why, cause you are a company man and you are scared you might lose your lifestyle so let someone else take the fall instead of you.

More empty threats? (watch out then)

If the moderators would let me, I would really tell you what I think of you.

USA320Pilot said:
There is no agenda here, but I believe the IAM-M will lose the A320 outsourcing appeal. If they do, then the issue will be a minor dispute and the IAM will have very little leverage.

Watch out then.

Again, I believe it's in the IAM's best interest to cut a deal before the appellate court decision is announced.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
was already found to be a major dispute....cut me a friggin break. :down:

USA320Pilot said:
USA320Pilot says: I understand it's being discussed by the US Airways ALPA MEC today. Furthermore, the flying could go to J4J affiliate carriers like TSA, Chautaqua, & Mesa with a 50-50 pilot J4J split, if the scope relief is approved by ALPA.
I'll ask a question I hinted too earlier. What will your MEC do when the company asks for more scope relief to fly the E-190 at the regionals? It will happen, it almost has to. The 190 is the same aircraft, except for some extra length. The parts, mx and pilot ratings are all the same and it will only be economically feasable to fly them at the regionals. So what will you do when the 190 starts to show up at the regionals replacing mainline 737 flying?
Michael

USA320Pilot said:

Watch out then.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
USA320Pilot, yes, you do have an agenda. No offense, but your continued 'agenda' is very similar to the steps in a Tony Robbins seminar. Hey, I listen to Tony, but it would be preposterous of me to inflict my point of view on others. Especially when I don't belong to the IAM. You have no right to tell them how their contract should be or how a pending court case could affect their careers. Keep it real man.

Is the appelate court ruling the same as the 3rd Circuit Court Ruling which just happened today against the MEC? There is another thread that was just posted. :unsure: