Us Air Weighs Extra Measures To Help Finances

USA320pilot,

US Air will not be operating any RJ's on their own any time soon. That's right no 170s, no 190s, no 200s, no 700s, no 705s, and no 900s. None. PSA jet orders are soon to come to a grinding halt, leaving ALL PSA pilots jobless. MDA will never leave the ground as long as it is a Wholly Owned airline.

Check out the January 5, 2004 Aviation Week and Space Technology magazine. You'll find an article in there about Mesa and ACA. In that article Ornstein makes a comment about the 55 CRJ-700s that he will soon be flying for US Airways, he also makes it known that US Air signed this agreement with Mesa to operate these aircraft last June.

I am not an Ornstein supporter nor am I a supporter of contract carriers. I will most likely be losing my job shortly and can only pray that Mesa will not buy us.

Bottom line is that the aircraft will go to the lowest bidder, regardless of those little white and blue ALPA contracts. Being part of the US Airways group I know that US Air/Piedmont/Allegheny pilots will not fly for peanuts, therefore we cannot economical operate the airplanes when compared to TSA, Chat., Mesa, Colgan, Shuttle America, or Air Midwest.

Respectfully,

PropPiedmont

Latest posts