US Airways & AFA Reach Tentative Agreement

I am my OWN PERSON and come on here with MY OPINION! I don't come on here and attack anyone nor do I go out of my way to make trouble. I don't care what anyone thinks as I will express my beliefs and opinions whenever I want. FREE COUNTRY! I use to post on here all the time along with many others but choose to use facebook as I like the "in your face" and honestly if you will. Everyone hides behind a name on here and makes cheap pot shots at each other. Is it any wonder why it's mostly pilots with 100000's of pages? Nobody finds this place necessary anymore. As for you DIAMONDCUTTER.....Go F yourself. I don't like what you post, never have and never will. There are a few others that I don't like either but I'm sure you know who you are as Debbie holds a short list of friends. Goodbye to this site as well. I'm glad Michael Elias came on here to make Diamondcutter look like a complete and utter IDIOT. Do something else and get your #### together. ABSOLUTE ####! Good Day....Debbie signing off! With the middle finger waving and smoke from the tires of her convertible. ;)

My opinion also PRO .... And yes you have attacked and do make trouble ... Go back and read your own damn posts over the years. Now who's the idiot . As for f ing myself that's your game as I'm sure you have tried.

Reactions: 2 people
My opinion also PRO .... And yes you have attacked and do make trouble ... Go back and read your own damn posts over the years. Now who's the idiot . As for f ing myself that's your game as I'm sure you have tried.

HEY DIAMONDCUTTER...where's the apology to person you attacked, when you didn't even know who you were talking to?? He did not deserve it and IT WASN'T EVEN HIM!!! You owe it to the people here to admit you attacked the wrong person and to apologize for it. Otherwise, you have no credibility or ethics..............

Reactions: 4 people
I am my OWN PERSON and come on here with MY OPINION! I don't come on here and attack anyone nor do I go out of my way to make trouble. I don't care what anyone thinks as I will express my beliefs and opinions whenever I want. FREE COUNTRY! I use to post on here all the time along with many others but choose to use facebook as I like the "in your face" and honestly if you will. Everyone hides behind a name on here and makes cheap pot shots at each other. Is it any wonder why it's mostly pilots with 100000's of pages? Nobody finds this place necessary anymore. As for you DIAMONDCUTTER.....Go F yourself. I don't like what you post, never have and never will. There are a few others that I don't like either but I'm sure you know who you are as Debbie holds a short list of friends. Goodbye to this site as well. I'm glad Michael Elias came on here to make Diamondcutter look like a complete and utter IDIOT. Do something else and get your #### together. ABSOLUTE ####! Good Day....Debbie signing off! With the middle finger waving and smoke from the tires of her convertible. ;)

Not sure how to reply here. It is your choice to cut and run. Seems sad that everyone has run off. As I had said before everyone has different opinions. You are entitled to go to Facebook where everyone knows who you are. Some people like myself don't have access to that part of the universe so I am stuck here. Face it, there are sometimes when people are going to say things you don't like and it gets a little too personal. You have said things here to others that for whatever reason may have temporarily wounded their pride, but they dusted themselves off and jumped right back in the fight. Including those who think they know who you are. I really do not know who you are and could care less. I am not sure of the fascination myself. That is what Myface is for. It is the passion in your posts that keep us coming back. You and I have had differences of opinion from time to time on here, but that is part of debating the issues. The reason I never take it personally is our goal is the same. To make sure that ALL US AIRWAYS FLIGHT ATTENDANTS get a contract that is fair to them. Some of our methods are different. Our style is also very different. In the end we wish to reach the same finish line. It is called compromise for a reason. Why else would someone with different ideas gone to such length to defend your posts. You are right that this board is almost dead. I quit posting for a while because I did not have a place to post. It had become an all too intelligent pilot think tank and I just feel lost! (kidding of course)

Anyway, sorry to see you go and hope you will change your mind. Just like casting your vote for a contract only you can decide. Take care and good luck with your tentative agreement. I really think you will need it now. If it is what you say it is I can't think for the life of me why it was sent out for a vote. Yes, it should be the members that make the final decision. However, it should be expected that the leadership would be there to protect it's members from danger. Just sending it out with a neutral standing is nothing more than a political cop out! It is like giving a five year old a loaded gun and telling them it is their decision how to use it! At that age they have very little comprehension of what is right or wrong. What a gun is or what it can even do. They might have seen one on a video game where everybody is still alive at the end of the game. It is up to a responsible adult to teach them all these things so when they are at a proper age to comprehend then they can make the right decisions for themselves. (extreme example, but only thing I can think of at the moment) Point is if it is as bad as you are saying it is the responsibly of your leader to send it back where it belongs. Your contract is a heap of legal speak that takes more than a couple of road shows and bullet points to understand. On top of that it is decided to just let the members decide what to do with it. That is a very confusing message to be sending to the members at this time. I think a lot of folks that don't follow how the negotiations have gone on a daily basis could interpret this as a total endorsement! Regardless motivations, at least the Charlotte leader clarified her statement so her members know right where she stands. If she looses her position over doing the right thing in the end I feel sorry for you all.

Take care Travel.

I respect my LECP for sending out the T/A with a neutral recommendation. She knows that her members will be able to read, learn, attend roadshows, and make their own decisions. I have lived under several contracts that were send out with a FOR recommendation and have lived to regret it. I don't want my Union to tell me how to vote.....especially now. No one knows exactly what will happen if this T/A is voted down.

Ask the LECP from CLT what the next step is if the contract is voted down like she suggests. Can we negotiate further or do we just get recessed (as most people believe) and end up stuck without current contract for another 2-3 years?? She doesn't know...no one knows. The NMB has not been especially "labor friendly" as of late. And if they worked hard to broker this agreement, they will not be happy with the F/A Union if their brokered agreement was sent out with a "vote no" recommendation.

Unless SCOPE has been gutted (which I have been assured has not happened) or this is a fundamental flaw WITH the document, I think it was reckless of the CLT LECP to recommend a NO VOTE when she doesn't even know the ramifications of such a vote.....IRRESPONSIBLE...
The CLT membership should have been allowed to make up their own minds without the personal opinion of their LECP injected into their decision-making process.....IMHO

Reactions: 1 person
One of the things I like about these boards is they are pretty open regarding what is said here and censorship is at a minimum.

Discussing fatal crashes in the context of this type of thread to me is off limits. For one it's a bit of a cheap shot and is at best insensitive and disrespectful....

I think everyone has already pegged him as insensitive, disrespectful, and above all else, incontinent. Anyone who still bothers to read anything he posts must have a weird fetish.

Its up to the FAs to vote however they each want to, but frankly I can't understand why any FA would say yes to any first TA.

So what ? Every other airline does it that way ..What makes us so different . If it were the other way around ,the pilots would have dropped the FA's so fast . Pilots do not do anything for me. Time to move on with out them. But there are more items in this contract that i am more worried about. Separating from the Pilots is the least of my concerns . <_<
Pilots are a bunch of cry babies that are holding you back. I get it. Cut your nose off to spite your face.:lol:

However, the FAA has a little rule about how many hours a pilot can fly in one day. The FAA has no such rule for FAs.

If the company will agree to limit your flight hours to the pilot FAA rule then you can have your cake and eat it too.

This has nothing to do with pilots, and everything to do with how much more efficiency the company can squeeze out of fewer FAs. The normal duty day for an FA could easily be a 13 hour round robbin that terminates in base. If you fly domestic, this could be a big deal.

But look on the bright side, endless 13 hour duty days could flush out enough of the more senior folks, persuading them to go ahead and retire, maybe enough of them to offset the furloughs.

Reactions: 1 person
I respect my LECP for sending out the T/A with a neutral recommendation. She knows that her members will be able to read, learn, attend roadshows, and make their own decisions. I have lived under several contracts that were send out with a FOR recommendation and have lived to regret it. I don't want my Union to tell me how to vote.....especially now. No one knows exactly what will happen if this T/A is voted down.

Ask the LECP from CLT what the next step is if the contract is voted down like she suggests. Can we negotiate further or do we just get recessed (as most people believe) and end up stuck without current contract for another 2-3 years?? She doesn't know...no one knows. The NMB has not been especially "labor friendly" as of late. And if they worked hard to broker this agreement, they will not be happy with the F/A Union if their brokered agreement was sent out with a "vote no" recommendation.

Unless SCOPE has been gutted (which I have been assured has not happened) or this is a fundamental flaw WITH the document, I think it was reckless of the CLT LECP to recommend a NO VOTE when she doesn't even know the ramifications of such a vote.....IRRESPONSIBLE...
The CLT membership should have been allowed to make up their own minds without the personal opinion of their LECP injected into their decision-making process.....IMHO

Some of what you say are legitimate fears. However, I admit to not knowing all the steps involved so can only go on what I read here. I believe if the Lec presidents were to send it back they will either continue talks or it will be suggested by the mediator to enter binding arbitration. If either party rejects the offer you would be placed into the 30 day cooling off period. At the end of those 30 days you will have either reached an agreement or enter self help. The caveat here is a preidential emergency board can convene and defer for another 30 days. So self help is not a given. Also within the cooling off periiod you remain status quo. You can't strike and the company can't make any arbitrary changes to your current agreement. Also there is no legal reason that both parties can't come to agreement on their own without the mediator present. So you do have lots of opportunity to get it right.

My issue is this. Why after seven years is the company so willing to come to agreement? They are after something that requires labor peace! Why settle? They could have just let it go into recess. Only one worried about recess would be the union and it's members. They need something! Although very small, for the first time flight attendants now have an advantage over the company. Take advantage of the situation. So the local leaders sending out an agreement to it's members with a neutral recommendation is troubling. YES, the membership in the end should decide for themselves their fate. If as a member you want to make an informed decision on the process. Part of that decision should be how does your union leaders feel personally on the subject. You did elect them to represent you and look after your best interests. Sending something out and not giving your opinion as a leader of one way or the other is a head scratching moment for me. I can't figure why you believe it irresponsible for the Charlotte leader to actually state her opinion on the matter. That is why she is there. That is why they elected her there. In the end it is just one of many things you should base your decision on. If you blindly voted no just cause your leader said, then that would be irresponsible. But a leader who has seen the agreement is in a position to be able to tell when something stinks. That is when you have to start asking questions. Why does she specifically feel this way?

I guess we will agree to disagree but that is what good healthy debate is all about. I hope it turns out to be a contract that is much different from what has been discussed on here. I think they would have had to make some serious last second changes for that to be the case. I hope people can vote their conscious and not their fears. If it is a truly great agreement then fine, vote yes. Don't vote yes on fear of the unknown. The biggest issue you guys will face is getting people to vote at all. I will be pleasantly surprised to see a large turnout.

80 hours a month is 80 hours a month is 80 hours a month, whether you fly it in 10 days with 20 days off at home or in 20 days rotting in hotels. Please show your math as to how this will result in a 20% reduction in flight attendants.
Reserves don't fly 80 hours a month, but the new efficiency will require far fewer reserves and each of them will do one or two out and backs every day they are on call. And I don't think they will time out at 80 hours but maybe they can if there is coverage.