US Airways & AFA Reach Tentative Agreement

Well I havent seen any details only heard some bits...however I don't share others opinions of Doug...He has a job and is doing it whether he drinks or not is irrelevent to me .... All i want is something fair and for the company to do well. I think thats all anyone could ask for.

Agreed! Don't loose focus. Does not matter at this point. You now have a tentative agreement to consider.

I am not sure I posted it here or the other thread running but I will say it again. I actually believe at this point you have a very slim upper hand to the company. There may have been some last minute changes to tweak this thing to get it to pass so who knows what it really includes. However, as has been discussed for several years here about sections that were already closed there were some very poor things that could be major sticking points, especially for anyone left on reserve. Unless that has changed you must consider anything that comes out very, very carefully and vote your conscious. Having said that you must take into acount that this has been going on for almost SEVEN years now. Why all the sudden is the company interested in working tirelessly till 3:00 a.m. to get this rapped up all of the sudden? If you live on Mars you might buy the very ligitimate threat of the mediator putting you into recess. Why would the company care? What was there big incentive to be motivated all of the sudden? Only the union would be concerned about that. While no legal reason why the company and the union can't come together by themselves without the mediator the chances of that would normally be very small. If it was sent back the company could say you are out of luck. However, All this news this week should shed light on the subject So, the company now has a reason to be so interested in you now because they need something. As much labor peace as they can muster up for shareholders to convince them yet again there is value in merging. Although there are legitimate risks involved in playing this game of chicken the chances are lessened out of your company's needs at the moment.

You guys have a little head start out of the gate here, don't waste it. It could be your final chance to ever have some advantage over your company.

It will be most interesting to see how your "MEC" decides to handle this. If it is indeed a less than undesirable agreement for ALL flight attendants will the "MEC" actually have the will to send it back or will it just be put on the members shoulders to bare all the responsibility. I hope if it is sent out for a vote that there is not the typical voter apathy regardless the outcome. From all the discussions we have had here it is very clear what happens. Everyone say they did not vote "Yes" in reality they just did not bother to vote at all. I do hope and believe that turnout will be higher on this one. Hopefully everyone will educate themselves on every little detail of the agreement. Not just pay or vacation! Remember, if there is a huge pay raise there is something you gave up to get it! There might just be a change of one word that makes all the difference in the world. The devil really is in the details!

Reactions: 1 person
Well I havent seen any details only heard some bits...however I don't share others opinions of Doug...He has a job and is doing it whether he drinks or not is irrelevent to me .... All i want is something fair and for the company to do well. I think thats all anyone could ask for.
Well, that was the point I was makeing, also as asking a legitimate question, Sorry if my comment offended you about DUI DOUG, Some of us have the common sense to take a cab, credibility and judgement issue in my book, Just like asking about the job losses involved! A Judgement issue seems the EAST F/A's have a question, thank you for your reply! MM! BTW drinking is one thing driving under the influence is another!

Well, that was the point I was makeing, also as asking a legitimate question, Sorry if my comment offended you about DUI DOUG, Some of us have the common sense to take a cab, credibility and judgement issue in my book, Just like asking about the job losses involved! A Judgement issue seems the EAST F/A's have a question, thank you for your reply! MM! BTW drinking is one thing driving under the influence is another!

I agree to an extent however it has not (up to this point) affected his ablity to lead a company. Thats between him, his family, the law and his God! Again....A fair contract that allows this company to make money...I just fine with it! Hope we know soon!

Take Care

I agree to an extent however it has not (up to this point) affected his ablity to lead a company. Thats between him, his family, the law and his God! Again....A fair contract that allows this company to make money...I just fine with it! Hope we know soon!

Take Care
WELL as a stakeholder you included, it is a judgement factor, however back to the original question, will it involve job reductions and how many, A BIG QUESTION?, GOOD LUCK WISH YOU WELL! MM!

ote name='usfliboi' timestamp='1327916029' post='866036']
Everyone should and will have a chance to review and vote. I look forward to seeing the details however it does sounds good when you hear it is a "industry leading contract!" We will see soon Im sure! I dont't listen to opinions I vote on my own two feet :)
[/quote]Good for you !!! " clap clap" I am appreiate those who will READ and UNDERSTAND what has changed... ,,,,, however,
those who don't know what we have had for the last 25 years... and listen to what the schedulers have assigned to us and it was
wrong.... if you know your contract you will live a much better life here... (at LCC) as far are your own life.. I can not direct you!! LOL

So... again.. READ the T/A UNDERSTAND it and ask questions..
Can you live the next ???? 3-7 years under these condidtions???? PS... nothing will change with
these years... except life and death...

If you can live with eh $ .... Vacation.... reseerve section..... Health Benifitss... etc...Decide how you cast your vote...
Do not listen to rumors... go to the Road shows ... ask questions .... then vote...
be informed PS where did you hear this was an industry leading contract??? Not in our lifetime! LOL will still be not even halfway down the industry payscale... I would venture to guess still middle of the road industry wize... lower middle

Everyone should and will have a chance to review and vote. I look forward to seeing the details however it does sounds good when you hear it is a "industry leading contract!" We will see soon Im sure! I dont't listen to opinions I vote on my own two feet :)

Good for you !!! " clap clap" I am appreiate those who will READ and UNDERSTAND what has changed... ,,,,, however,
those who don't know what we have had for the last 25 years... and listen to what the schedulers have assigned to us and it was
wrong.... if you know your contract you will live a much better life here... (at LCC) as far are your own life.. I can not direct you!! LOL

So... again.. READ the T/A UNDERSTAND it and ask questions..
Can you live the next ???? 3-7 years under these condidtions???? PS... nothing will change with
these years... except life and death...

If you can live with eh $ .... Vacation.... reseerve section..... Health Benifitss... etc...Decide how you cast your vote...
Do not listen to rumors... go to the Road shows ... ask questions .... then vote...
be informed PS where did you hear this was an industry leading contract??? Not in our lifetime! LOL will still be not even halfway down the industry payscale... I would venture to guess still middle of the road industry wize... lower middle

Well said! Remember a Union is only as strong as its weakest member.

I'm sorry but the tentative agreement stinks and not to divide but anyone on the east that would vote for it needs their heads examined. :blink:

I'm sorry but the tentative agreement stinks and not to divide but anyone on the east that would vote for it needs their heads examined. :blink:
It really stinks.

Many have no idea how bad it is, on so many levels.

It not only replicates the bankruptcy agreement from seven years ago, but, overlaid with what the fa has now, it is negative. It gives the AW flight attendants a winning lottery ticket at the expense of the east flight attendants, but also gives Mr. Parker one, also.

Are the flight attendant negotiators that stupid?

It really stinks.

It not only replicates the bankruptcy agreement from seven years ago, but, overlaid with what the fa has now, it is negative. It gives the AW flight attendants a winning lottery ticket at the expense of the east flight attendants, but also gives Mr. Parker one, also.

Before you start calling anyone stupid.....we need to at least look at the thing.

On the other hand...if our negotiators have done something stupid...it will be voted down soundly.

Nuff said??

It really stinks.

And what is that lottery ticket? Facts please.