US Airways Awarded Coveted 2012 MRO of the Year Award for Airline Maintenance Excellence

Any Lawn darts as a direct result of outsourced mtc? Mainline equipment? Any FAA fines against the outsourced mtc providers? As a customer what other parameters should I be aware of that I'm not?

Fact is if US Airways did 100% of the work in house they would be 100% OUT OF BUSINESS.

You're just worried about lawn darts. Luckily we haven't had any in awhile. But you don't see the MTC f ups that we see, and correct so that it won't make a smoking hole. And FAA fines for outsourced MTC? Hah that must be a joke. They don't have enough personnel for the amount of oversight needed.

You're just worried about lawn darts. Luckily we haven't had any in awhile. But you don't see the MTC f ups that we see, and correct so that it won't make a smoking hole. And FAA fines for outsourced MTC? Hah that must be a joke. They don't have enough personnel for the amount of oversight needed.

Talk to your buddy Obama, apparently your beloved IAM isn't donating enough to his reelection campaign,

As to what goes on behind the scenes, I really don't care so long as the safety record is excellent. I like Jimmy Dean sausage, I don't need to see how it's made.

Talk to your buddy Obama, apparently your beloved IAM isn't donating enough to his reelection campaign,

As to what goes on behind the scenes, I really don't care so long as the safety record is excellent. I like Jimmy Dean sausage, I don't need to see how it's made.

Don't know where you got that Obama was my buddy, or that the IAM is my beloved. The safety record is excellent due to US Airways employees, you know, the ones you don't care about? Maybe you would care if jimmy dean outsourced sausage production and you got ecoli from sausage that wasn't properly handled. Then again, you might not care. As long as you're not dead and the price is right, it's ok by you!

Don't know where you got that Obama was my buddy, or that the IAM is my beloved. The safety record is excellent due to US Airways employees, you know, the ones you don't care about? Maybe you would care if jimmy dean outsourced sausage production and you got ecoli from sausage that wasn't properly handled. Then again, you might not care. As long as you're not dead and the price is right, it's ok by you!

It's called a free market and there is no current data to suggest that In house MTC versus Outsourced has had a negative impact. There is no getting around that fact.

Honestly if you have 2 supermarkets both equidistant and at one you can buy a weeks worth of groceries for oh $124.00. The other store is unionized and the exact same "Market Basket" costs toy $131.00 are you saying you'd use the Union grocery? If you couldn't Non-Rev and had to buy a ticket would you pick the cheapest or fly US?

It's called a free market and there is no current data to suggest that In house MTC versus Outsourced has had a negative impact. There is no getting around that fact.

Honestly if you have 2 supermarkets both equidistant and at one you can buy a weeks worth of groceries for oh $124.00. The other store is unionized and the exact same "Market Basket" costs toy $131.00 are you saying you'd use the Union grocery? If you couldn't Non-Rev and had to buy a ticket would you pick the cheapest or fly US?

If it is just based on price and union/non union, then I would choose the union grocer. As far as flying, I will fly most airlines except Delta. I don't look for the cheapest, I look for comfort. So there are a lot of times I wouldn't pick US, and take E+ on United.

If it is just based on price and union/non union, then I would choose the union grocer. As far as flying, I will fly most airlines except Delta. I don't look for the cheapest, I look for comfort. So there are a lot of times I wouldn't pick US, and take E+ on United.

Fair enough. The Supermarket example is not accurate. Union Grocery stores outsource so that there isn't a price disadvantage over non union stores. Most non union ones don't. In fact a whole little industry has grown up around serving union stores with things like Merchandising. Today a Full Store Reset is NOT done by UFCW members but by companies such as Foot Print retails serves, Advantage Marketing, Acosta, Caremark and the like. Team lead get $13/Hr and the rest $11/hr, no HC, No nothing.

Most who work for these companies are downsized, over 50, houses in foreclosure, unemployment ran out just trying to eat. I know because one of the above is a client. Plus I do some contract training for them as well. One of the guys I know said to me one day in the toy aisle, You know a few years ago I was producing and directing Barbie commercials and now I'm stocking the shelves. You wonder why I have a less then supportive attitude toward Organized Labor sometimes. NOTHING in life is guaranteed. You're entitled to breathe, everything else you have to earn.

Fair enough. The Supermarket example is not accurate. Union Grocery stores outsource so that there isn't a price disadvantage over non union stores. Most non union ones don't. In fact a whole little industry has grown up around serving union stores with things like Merchandising. Today a Full Store Reset is NOT done by UFCW members but by companies such as Foot Print retails serves, Advantage Marketing, Acosta, Caremark and the like. Team lead get $13/Hr and the rest $11/hr, no HC, No nothing.

Most who work for these companies are downsized, over 50, houses in foreclosure, unemployment ran out just trying to eat. I know because one of the above is a client. Plus I do some contract training for them as well. One of the guys I know said to me one day in the toy aisle, You know a few years ago I was producing and directing Barbie commercials and now I'm stocking the shelves. You wonder why I have a less then supportive attitude toward Organized Labor sometimes. NOTHING in life is guaranteed. You're entitled to breathe, everything else you have to earn.

If it was not accurate, then why pose the question? And I fail to see the connection as to why you dislike organized labor?

Does a license magically prevent all human errors from occurring and thus averting a catastrophic event?
No, but an engaged management team does, something missing from tempe. Actually, not just missing, but preemptively and decidedly premeditated to denigrate safety in order to "save a few pennies". Those freaks are completely criminal.

I am not talking about individual mechs. I am talking about the ignorant fools in MOC.

No, but an engaged management team does, something missing from tempe. Actually, not just missing, but preemptively and decidedly premeditated to denigrate safety in order to "save a few pennies". Those freaks are completely criminal.

I am not talking about individual mechs. I am talking about the ignorant fools in MOC.

MOC is IAM represented also, and are mostly (if not all) previously US mechanics...

If it was not accurate, then why pose the question? And I fail to see the connection as to why you dislike organized labor?

I wanted to see who responded and their response.

Unions have done many things positive for this country and the truth is without them we would not have a middle class.

However the decline in organized Labor began the day the USW of A signed a contract with Big Steel in 1959 contract containing clause 2b which was a past practices clause. The result of this clause wasn't fully felt until a Japanese Steel Company won the bid for structural steel for the World Trade Center. Lesss than 5 years later Big Steel collapsed under the weight of Labor Rates and the highly restrictive work rules. The additional Defined Benefit Pension Liabilities and about a 30% overcapacity and the industry was doomed.

The point of the above is that Big Labor refuses to accept economic realities and move off a model that has been out of date since the WTC steel bid was opened. The result has been a reduction in membership from around 35% of the work force to 12% today. The single most important thing required for a company to pay high wages is PROFIT. The more PROFIT there is, the harder it is for a company to say NO to worker demands. But organization like IAM are only interested in perpetuating their existence and the dues revenue that flows from their members. Labor's obsession with dues and membership eliminates any creativity in structuring deals where Company and Labor prosper.

The end result is outsourcing, wage stagnation, lost pensions, bankruptcy and this will continue for the foreseeable future.

BTW just heard on the Radio the NFL players associated cost their member's 650 million by signing a worst contract then the last offer from the owners before the lockout.

Great job mechanics and thanks for keeping us all safe. You folks are the best!

Back