US Airways Awarded New London Heathrow Route CLT-LHR

Or be like the military add air to air refueling equip and do air to air refuelin!! :)

And I'm certain all the pax would love to strap into a parachute and be on oxygen for the entire refueling period....like the military requires.

(I know you're just joking, but I had this picture of the cabin seats equipped with parachutes, and everyone with a green oxygen mask on while the flight attendants serve dinner.)

and why would you have any expectations that the FAs should be serving everyone dinner? :)

I'd like to see the artist sketch of an M80 being air to air refueled, should anyone want to give it a whirl. Any commercial aircraft type would do far that matter.

And please use the livery of the combined AA/US for best effect.

Reactions: 1 person
The two 747s that serve as Air Force One when the President is aboard has inflight refueling capability.

Here is a simulation of it being done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR5oz7PVvJ0

Also the E4 platform 747s have inflight refueling.

E-4B-refueling.jpg

If you look closely the hump under the cockpit windows is the refueling pod.

450-Air_Force_One_9-11.jpg

As well as the 747 space shuttle transports
ss-022_lg.jpg

Also the E4 platform 747s have inflight refueling.

E-4B-refueling.jpg

If you look closely the hump under the cockpit windows is the refueling pod.

450-Air_Force_One_9-11.jpg

As well as the 747 space shuttle transports
ss-022_lg.jpg

Cool pics. Looks like the Shuttle's inflight refueling didn't work and was unable to meet the "mother-ship". (VBG :-0)

what a moron you are. bribes for a route authority? really...just grow up. glad i dont have your life of looking under rocks for everything. look up, the world is not all that bad a place. idiot.

Reactions: 2 people
Nope. AA isn't giving up anything. BA is providing these slots from its inventory and leasing them to US. Apparently, US petitioned the EU to allow it to fly a one-stop via CLT instead of the nonstop MIA-LHR as required in the ATI approval.

Suppose an AB 320 will fly MIA to CLT to originate the non-stop service to London and have the same # as the AB330 leaving CLT an hour after the 320 arrives from MIA, along with a whole host of other aircraft from all the catchment areas of CLT to fill it up.

Suppose an AB 320 will fly MIA to CLT to originate the non-stop service to London and have the same # as the AB330 leaving CLT an hour after the 320 arrives from MIA, along with a whole host of other aircraft from all the catchment areas of CLT to fill it up.

That is how they have been doing GIG for years; Flt 800 originating from MCO on some days an A321, on others a 757. Seasonal CLT-MAD flight number has been originating in MIA as a 737.

No more CLT-LGW.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-airways-announces-schedule-charlotte-140000618.html

Latest posts