Us Airways' Biggest Union:

700UW said:
Where have you been?

The whole matter was sent to arbitration by the appellate court, a decision should come by late August, early September.
I know its in arbitration. Wasn't the restraining order lifted by the court?

The company had said they would only would work 10.

What I am asking is have they actually started work on the ones above the 10 number.

In otherwords did the company lie again. Its a simple question to expose the company for what they are.

Just like exposing USA320Pilot

Delldude I have never said I was an employee :eek:

USA320Pilot said:
Thus, if any labor group does not participate in the new business plan and attempts to hold the restructuring hostage, then the company will likely file for bankruptcy, file motions to change the contracts, which could include total outsourcing of a work group.

The union still remains the bargaining unit.

USA320Pilot said:
If any union does not like the new agreement, they are free to seek self-help and the company could use people who cross the picket line to man line positions and outsource all other work. Thus, who wins then?

Obviously you

USA320Pilot said:
Apparently the ALPA “hardlineâ€￾ MEC understands this because they provided the company with a pay cut proposal larger than what the company suggested.

The paycut proposal is actually less then the package company is asking for from ALPA

USA320Pilot said:
It's clear that the people who #### and moan the most are the one's most upset, probably because they have no other option. If they did, why would they pound their chest on the message board?

It's clear that the people who #### and moan the most to "vote yes or quit" are the one's most upset, probably because they have no other option. If they did, why would they pound their chest on the message board, lie and post their mantra over and over ?

I submit USA320Pilot is more afraid to lose his health insurance more then anything else. He has previously disclosed private issues on this board and new insurance always has clauses. That may or may not be the reason for his ongoing display of fear and desperation on this board

USA320......you guys could take a pay cut and still be making 5 times what we make. So of course it doesnt make much difference to you. Most of the Res, Cust. Svc and Maint guys have families to support, mortgage payments and food to put on the table. Well, the bright side is after the company gets the pay cuts it wants and eliminates most vacations to 2 weeks per year, many employees will probably be eligable to get food stamps to help support their families.

a320says:

Each union has been told of that two-track approach and that airline has once again hired John Lutz and the Seabury Group and FTI Consulting to handle financial negotiations. In addition, the company has replaced long time legal advisors from the firm of Skadden & Arps with Arnold and Porter who apparently will be the legal advisors for the second formal reorganization.

700UW says:
Where is the proof? This is just your speculation once again.

a320 says:
Separately, the company is in talks with the ATSB and key lenders to preserve the loan guarantee and the security. Therefore, iof true, DIP financing may not be necessary and RSA could maintain control of the company and its investment through the restructuring. In fact, I understand Bruce Lakefield's financial background, where his top position as the former president of Lehman Brothers - Europe, will be important in this effort.

700UW says:
Where is the proof? This is just your speculation once again.

a320says:
Thus, if any labor group does not participate in the new business plan and attempts to hold the restructuring hostage, then the company will likely file for bankruptcy, file motions to change the contracts, which could include total outsourcing of a work group.

If any union does not like the new agreement, they are free to seek self-help and the company could use people who cross the picket line to man line positions and outsource all other work. Thus, who wins then?

700UW says:
Once again Section 1113 negotiations will have to take place by law before any abrogation can occur, but you been told this a million times and care to keep ignoring the LAW! For example UAL filed several weeks ago an 1114 motion (that is the abrogation not 1113) to increase retiree medical cost, judge denied the motion and ordered UAL to go back to the table.

And the company's plan is to eliminate 900+ utility workers, 200 + stock clerks and go down to 800 mechanics, it is a no win situation for the maintenance department as the company wants to basically eliminate and outsource. (Just remember ValuJet).

a320 says:
Apparently the ALPA “hardlineâ€￾ MEC understands this because they provided the company with a pay cut proposal larger than what the company suggested. ALPA is preparing itself for the next "judicial restructuring" and I understand a pilot agreement, along with some of the other unions, will be If they did, why would they pound their chest on the message board?
Respectfully,
USA320Pilot

700UW says:

You are still $64 million short of the company's goal and why do you keep "pounding your chest" into other union's business that does not effect you and you will not have a choice in the matter, so keep to your union and its business and stay out of mine.

Because you don't even have the intestinal fortitude to keep to your word. We all remember how you hated Dave when they terminated your pension and you told the whole board you were quitting and taking a foriegn flying job and you would be ok cause you wife works, funny I guess your word means nothing, but we all figured that out a long long time ago.

The contracts are all inter-related; any potential ALPA agreement is contigent on all unions hitting their targets and pilot participation will not exceed an equitable percentage of total givebacks.

Pacemaker said:
The contracts are all inter-related; any potential ALPA agreement is contigent on all unions hitting their targets and pilot participation will not exceed an equitable percentage of total givebacks.
That really doesn't matter they are all kinda of creative ways to jiggle numbers to come in where the company/union would want them too. Every corporation does it every quarter. Its nothing new.

USA320Pilot said:
In conclusion, I believe the employee group(s) who hold out are the one's who need to "Take a D_E_E_P breath," because it's going to hurt and be painful. It's clear that the people who #### and moan the most are the one's most upset, probably because they have no other option. If they did, why would they pound their chest on the message board?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Captain I just want to tell you......I LOVE YOU MAN

Pacemaker said:
Sure it will.

Take it to Vegas: the pilot group won't walk away from giving it up again if the IAM (-M) does not give a dime.

Further, this presupposes that the pilot group will ratify something that eliminates everything but the 401(k) retirement wise. That's not a given.

PineyBob said:
I love the captain. All you need to do is carefully read his posts.

In conclusion, I believe A320 who apparently may not Have a spine which could include a bowel obstruction I understand the result could be a recto-cranial inversion

The bolded text is snipets from A320's posts the color is mine. Have fun guys.
:up:

WestCoastGuy said:
USA320......you guys could take a pay cut and still be making 5 times what we make. So of course it doesnt make much difference to you. Most of the Res, Cust. Svc and Maint guys have families to support, mortgage payments and food to put on the table. Well, the bright side is after the company gets the pay cuts it wants and eliminates most vacations to 2 weeks per year, many employees will probably be eligable to get food stamps to help support their families.
No offense guys but i am skilled labor like the mechanics, took years to get where i am and i am not about to subsidize your groups. Get over yourselves. :angry:

FlyingHippie said:
No offense guys but i am skilled labor like the mechanics, took years to get where i am and i am not about to subsidize your groups. Get over yourselves. :angry:
I would tend to agree with your premise.

However, I really don't see the pilots NOT taking a paycut if the IAM holds the line. Too much to lose.