Us Airways' Biggest Union:

Not to worry...........

Your bravehearts will not have to take the fall.

I'm sure that UAL ALPA will make a stand.

LOL........... :blink:

JMHO,
B) UT

FlyingHippie said:
No offense guys but i am skilled labor like the mechanics, took years to get where i am and i am not about to subsidize your groups. Get over yourselves. :angry:
Let me post this again:

And the company's plan is to eliminate 900+ utility workers, 200 + stock clerks and go down to 800 mechanics, it is a no win situation for the maintenance department as the company wants to basically eliminate and outsource. (Just remember ValuJet).

And as for ALPA you have all ready betrayed your young numerous times, the IAM won't do that, so I guess you need to polish up your resume, because we are done giving!

This is such a sad situation! I cannot believe the irrational posts on this Forum!
The IAM indeed has the power to DESTROY what remains of this Company .. everyone knows that! But to what end ....I ask? It is public knowledge that the IAM has been the "Thorn in the side" of this Company for more than the 28 yrs. I was there! And now the "Blind leading the Blind" Union leaders are leading their members to the brink of disaster! "Move on" they say ..... yeah, to where?? Who in their right mind would hire a USAirways IAM member who voted to destroy his/her Employer who did not compensate "properly". Consider your options very carefully!

You are all about to loose everything you have worked for. And I, as a Retiree, will lose also. That is my motivation behind this post. But it is yours also, as you will also need retirement benefits!

Think about it ... and think twice or maybe three times about the motives of those that are speaking for you!

A job is a job ... and they are very difficult to find these days!

God Bless

Wake up and read again,

the company wants to GET RID OF THE MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT.

You have no clue, and the company has destroyed itself, union members don't run the company nor tell it how to do business.

Snivel :( Ever notice how it appears the slackers around here are the ones whining to keep their job, but just still can't muster up the energy at work to put out.

--Full pay to the last day. Get your money from Chip!

I stop by and read this board(bored) from time to time . Still the same old people whining the same old tune . The entitlement mentality is still alive and well here.

I'm now in the "real" world , unlike some of you here . But you too will be in the "real" world in the not so distant future , sad thing is I don't think some of you will be able to handle it .

Ok boys and girls ......... go ahead and tear my post , and truth up .

2BorNot2B said:
This is such a sad situation! I cannot believe the irrational posts on this Forum!
The IAM indeed has the power to DESTROY what remains of this Company .. everyone knows that! But to what end ....I ask? It is public knowledge that the IAM has been the "Thorn in the side" of this Company for more than the 28 yrs. I was there! And now the "Blind leading the Blind" Union leaders are leading their members to the brink of disaster! "Move on" they say ..... yeah, to where?? Who in their right mind would hire a USAirways IAM member who voted to destroy his/her Employer who did not compensate "properly". Consider your options very carefully!

You are all about to loose everything you have worked for. And I, as a Retiree, will lose also. That is my motivation behind this post. But it is yours also, as you will also need retirement benefits!

Think about it ... and think twice or maybe three times about the motives of those that are speaking for you!

A job is a job ... and they are very difficult to find these days!

God Bless
Wow, looks like somebody has some serious issues that need some attention.

This airline being destroyed by the IAM is like saying the IAM controls the world.

If you're bitter, mad, or unhappy with your life, blaming IAM is only keeping you from seeking help a lot faster, it’s not really the root problem.

God Bless you as well, that's all we really have.

700UW said:
Let me post this again:

And the company's plan is to eliminate 900+ utility workers, 200 + stock clerks and go down to 800 mechanics, it is a no win situation for the maintenance department as the company wants to basically eliminate and outsource. (Just remember ValuJet).

And as for ALPA you have all ready betrayed your young numerous times, the IAM won't do that, so I guess you need to polish up your resume, because we are done giving!
The days of $55,000 a year plus cleaners and lav dumpers are over. i've taken over a 65% paycut and you have the balls to tell me i need to take a bigger one. WTF!

FlyingHippie said:
The days of $55,000 a year plus cleaners and lav dumpers are over. i've taken over a 65% paycut and you have the balls to tell me i need to take a bigger one. WTF!
Please find me where I said you have to take a bigger paycut?

And a utility person's salary is $17.13 and hour, please explain how they can make $55,000 a year when their salary is only $35,630.40 on a 40 hour week, so to make an additional $20,000 a year a utility worker would have to almost work an additional 1,168 hours or so on top of the 2,080 hours all ready worked.

And once again you don't want to comprehend they want to eliminate the maintenance department and have the LOWEST bidder overhaul and fix the plane you will fly, I hope you are ok with that.

And your group SCREWED all the fuloughed employees by giving the company the right to place the 70+ seaters anywhere but MidAtlantic, see your boys got J4Js but screwed everyone else.

And I seriously doubt your W-2 has been cut 65%.

And there are more furloughed mechanics, stock clerks and utility then pilots.

One last thing, you have not had your work stolen like the IAM has by this company, why don't you just let Lakefield outsource all flying to Mesa, would you be ok with that?

Game, Set and Match.

USA320Pilot said:
... It's clear that the people who #### and moan the most are the one's most upset, probably because they have no other option. If they did, why would they pound their chest on the message board?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
AT LAST! You and I agree on something!
With 2,131 post....guess who has #### and moaned the most!

USA320Pilot said:
According to LGA station personnel, last week US Airways vice president of marketing Andrew Nocella briefed station managers on the new business plan. In the Q&A session, Nocella said the company would not let one union stop the restructuring.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
And Dave said.."I will be the last CEO of USAirways".. :lol: :lol:

Smartest Loser said:
And Dave said.."I will be the last CEO of USAirways".. :lol: :lol:
Yes he did!

A coworker of mine once told a manager, I was here long before you were here and I will be here long after you are gone!

And it was the truth.