Us Airways Burning Through Cash Stash

may be usair should take back all of the money from all of the former ceos' and stop giving huge amnts to the current regime. may be that would save a lot of dough

Stop it stop it right now. There is always the judge waiting to give instant relief by cutting employees wages. No more doom and gloom. Da judge and USAirways holds all the cards.

"This has an awful lot to do with why US Airways returned these planes," said Lauer. "They also basically lost in January what Air Wisconsin agreed to give them."

Should I say I told you so like 320 does all the time?

Cool ad by Southwest in the tribune article "Fly Southwest PIT to MDW or PHL 29.00 one-way

usairways_vote_NO said:
Stop it stop it right now. There is always the judge waiting to give instant relief by cutting employees wages. No more doom and gloom. Da judge and USAirways holds all the cards.
[post="252339"][/post]​

Round 3.5: Weaseling out of severence/buyouts

Round 4: Well...concessions round IV. Imaginations ruminate.

As the ads for the second carnation of Braniff stated: "Believe It!"

Time for the pilots to take the lead and take yet another 20% round of concessions. The meager "guarantees" in place with LOA 93 expire the end of this month, so it's time to psyche the pilots into preparing to bend over again. Concessionary LOA's will continue every few months until the lemming percentage moves below 50%. The lemmings were at 57% with LOA 93, so I suspect we will get at least to LOA 100, or beyond. The creditors will go along with it, because USAirways is a test case to see just how low they can set the bar. GE has a huge stake in almost every airline on the planet in the form of loans or contracts for engines. It's important for them to keep USAirways alive to see just how much abuse the employees, led by the pilots, will endure.

After TWA and US Airways, some executives might get the idea to implement a reverse B scale, such as after 25 years start tapering off wages and benefits for those wanting to protect their seniority positions.

Some senior mama will probably hunt me down for posting this in public.

Reap what you sow.

robbedagain said:
may be usair should take back all of the money from all of the former ceos' and stop giving huge amnts to the current regime. may be that would save a lot of dough
[post="252336"][/post]​
The amounts are certainly huge in personal terms, but honestly we're talking about maybe two weeks of additional flying at the current burn rate...if all of the money were taken back.

There are ethical reasons to consider calling the funds back, but not really business ones.

usairways_vote_NO said:
Should I say I told you so like 320 does all the time?
[post="252340"][/post]​
Please do. We don't have enough people saying I told you so. :p

Did anyone else notice this sentence in the article?

"US Airways said last Friday it would cut 14 flights in May, affecting Philadelphia, Charlotte and Fort Lauderdale, Fla., service, in response to high fuel costs and weak revenue brought on by low-fare competition. " [emphasis mine.]

I thought A320 assured us that the whole point of the latest round of concessions--especially the "pain" wrought upon the IAM for not getting in line in a timely manner--would not only enable U to compete, but also to beat the low-cost competitors. Is that not the case? :huh:

jimntx said:

"US Airways said last Friday it would cut 14 flights in May, affecting Philadelphia, Charlotte and Fort Lauderdale, Fla., service, in response to high fuel costs and weak revenue brought on by low-fare competition. " [emphasis mine.]

i suppose then the next place we'll see this reference will be in PIT when Wn goes head to head.....lol :lol:
prepare to meet thy doom....

jimntx said:

I thought A320 assured us that the whole point of the latest round of concessions--especially the "pain" wrought upon the IAM for not getting in line in a timely manner--would not only enable U to compete, but also to beat the low-cost competitors. Is that not the case? :huh:
[post="252373"][/post]​

The claim that U will have lower costs than the LCCs is . . . .

Flim-Flam, Smoke & Mirrors, Humbug, Slight-of-Hand or any other confidence game adjective you'd like to use.

U employees are going to have to work for compensation MUCH lessthan the cherry-picking LCCs in order to match them. Since Lakefield wants to run a hub and spoke international airline, somebody's going to have to subsidize an irrational fleets, low-frequency international ops, low-freq stations, very high cost RJ feed, etc . . . . . and those people are the U employees.

Now jimntx,

I'm not one to cut good old USA320 much slack, but since he's not here to defend himself let me do it.

I'm sure he'd point out that he said "once the TP is fully implemented" we'd have a competitive cost structure. He'd probably even point out that Bronner said the same thing (and if you stick your fingers in your ears and click your heels together, what Bronner said does sorta sound like that).

Of course, due to confidentially agreements he can't divulge which TP is going to be so successful....

Siegel's TP plan

Lakefield's TP plan v.1.0

Late Summer '04 TP plan v.2.0, v.2.3, or v.2.7

Fall '04 TP plan v.3.1 - 282 a/c fleet with increase utilization

Late '04 TP plan v.4.0 - 281 a/c fleet (less 25 to GE)

Jan '05 TP plan v.5.1 - 281 a/c fleet (less 25 to GE) plus AWAC money

Feb '05 TP plan v.6.1 (Beta) - 270 a/c fleet (less 25 to GE and the AWAC money burned in Jan)

Jim

jimntx said:

[post="252373"][/post]​

I will take a hands off approach to that 320 remark. Don't want to get banned.

CNBC just reported on that article yesterday that was critical on USAirways. They finally getting more airtime they need.

Latest posts