Us Airways Burning Through Cash Stash

Agreed, but I think luvn737 was using their BK as an sign that the airlines had pulled out. Just another way of saying that the airlines didn't need them anymore.

Jim

Bingo! BoeingBoy. The internet distribution strangles the airline from having any pricing power. Airlines need every penny they can get and combining lowest fares with the commissions paid to Travelocity, et. al. they are never going to make it maintaining that strategy.

The airlines would do better to put their seats out on eBay, at least they would get the highest price someone would be willing to pay rather than offering the lowest.

Rico said:
Gee, that sounds like a good idea, you could call it Priceline.com... :rolleyes:
[post="253315"][/post]​
You could, but you wouldn't match Priceline's business model if you did.

I know you are smart enough to have caught onto my sarcasm Micheal. ;)

Anyways, just curious, Was the cash burn greater than expected...? It was a (not comfortable, yet allowable) margin above the required ATSB limits, right...? I had thought they predicted a solid cash burn throught that time period.

IMO considering we were at "the brink", we are lucky that the losses were not higher.

Anyways, good to see the travel season pick up again, bring on the spring time travellers :D

Rico said:
I know you are smart enough to have caught onto my sarcasm Micheal. ;)
[post="253322"][/post]​
I did, but my response may have been too subtle. Priceline isn't really doing anything close to auctioning them.

They do, however, have patents on pretty much any clever selling model for airline tickets. I know, because I looked into starting a business based on one that I'm pretty sure would have made a killing...but they own the patent on it.