Us Airways Ceo Applauds Unions' Efforts

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways CEO applauds unions' efforts - Lakefield says negotiations in `good faith'; judge refuses to revisit temporary wage cuts

Charlotte Observer wrote: Judge Mtichell "reiterated that he recognizes the hardships the cuts create but says he sees no other choice."

See Story

US Airways pay cuts are kept in place - Bankruptcy court judge rebuffs efforts by two unions

See Story

Judge won't rethink airline staff wage cuts

See Story

USA320Pilot comments: If history repeats itself, the company will serve one or more proposal on a union before the S.1113© hearing, which may not have a counterproposal in between that is worse than their last proposal. This could include a reduction or elimination in the CWA's "buy out" program, deeper maintenance cuts, and greater losses for the AFA. This is exactly what happened to ALPA and is now occurring with the other unions. Only the 3 TWU units were smart enough to limit their damage. Without quick TA's, we could see each union have more "pain", if history repeats itself.

Why? The company knows they have leverage and as Mitchell noted, "he sees no other choice."

Regards,

USA320Pilot

his other choice would have been to slash all of mgmt's pay and even take a harder close look at say the new cfo's pay plus the bonus. think about that! why come to slash our wages only to give a new clown a huge bonus and a huge pay checks??? if mitchell so blind then may be he would have noticed that and may be even questions the creditors. the creditors need to understand the hell they are facing from the three unions as a result.

Just when I was thinking about a yes vote, 320 weighs in with his crap. If you’re trying to influence my vote you should pipe up. Your mess makes me want to vote no, strike, and shut the place down just to spite you. I already have another job lined up, same bucks.

Yes, but this particular Pilot wants everyone to cave in to save his Butt along with his hefty paycheck. He still earns well over the average wage, while others are Clinging to $20k a year. He may not be able to find another job at his wage, but many others here can. Remeber his tune when his Pension was Flying out the Window? How can he try to sway other workgroups to go along with a plan that includes wages that He will not have to live on? He attempts to Intimidate other workgroups as much as the company does with their Threats. He just doesn't get it.....Nobody else really cares anymore.

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways CEO applauds unions' efforts - Lakefield says negotiations in `good faith'; judge refuses to revisit temporary wage cuts

Charlotte Observer wrote: Judge Mtichell "reiterated that he recognizes the hardships the cuts create but says he sees no other choice."

See Story
US Airways pay cuts are kept in place - Bankruptcy court judge rebuffs efforts by two unions

See Story
Judge won't rethink airline staff wage cuts

See Story
USA320Pilot comments: If history repeats itself, the company will serve one or more proposal on a union before the S.1113© hearing, which may not have a counterproposal in between that is worse than their last proposal. This could include a reduction or elimination in the CWA's "buy out" program, deeper maintenance cuts, and greater losses for the AFA. This is exactly what happened to ALPA and is now occurring with the other unions. Only the 3 TWU units were smart enough to limit their damage. Without quick TA's, we could see each union have more "pain", if history repeats itself.

Why? The company knows they have leverage and as Mitchell noted, "he sees no other choice."

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="202266"][/post]​

USA320pilot, This 'exclusive' pain stuff you speak of is rubbish indeed. What will it profit your company to gain contracts with pilots, F/A's, CWA, only to lose a consensual agreement with the IAM? It makes 'good sense' that such a scenerio would be the equivalent of playing Tic Tac Toe....nobody wins. Not the company, not the pilots, not the mechanics. And, in the end, it will mean nothing what the Judge does.

The judge or a judge will not have any primary impact on whether US AIRWAYS survives or not. It just isn't possible. Do you see?

While your company may sport legerage in the courtroom, there is no getting around the relationship it has with its employees outside the courtroom. Outside the courtroom is where it operates, where it breathes, where it eats and that's where its employees are. The single greatest variable in determining the survivability of US AIRWAYS will continue to be measured in the relationship between the carrier and its workforce. That in mind, a consensual agreement between all the parties is the surest way to keep off the RIP sign. IMO, I believe the company desperately wants and needs an IAM agreement but I am not convinced the IAM wants an agreement....has the IAM even made 1 proposal yet? That is suggestive to my small mind that perhaps there are interest not spoken of.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, probably equal chances at best.
In the meantime, it makes 'good sense' for employees to scout unemployment benefits, community college programs, etc., as opposed to quitting before all this is flushed out.

regards,

TIM IAM has to get ramps back that it left go to contractors 2 yrs ago
then oand only then will it be called a real union.if you have to shut it down

deltawatch said:
Just when I was thinking about a yes vote, 320 weighs in with his crap. If you’re trying to influence my vote you should pipe up. Your mess makes me want to vote no, strike, and shut the place down just to spite you. I already have another job lined up, same bucks.
[post="202418"][/post]​

Great avatar!

Latest posts

Back