Us Airways Ceo Looking For Pay Cuts

700UW said:
There are not going to be negotiations between the IAM and the company unless it is court ordered in chapter 11. The IAM has had the most outragous violation of our contract then any other group, we have more people laid off then the pilots and the pilots make the most, go tell the utility folks who make $35k a year that they are gonna have to hit the road or take a $5k a year paycut.

ALPA has sold out every group on this property with LOA 91, they ensured your laid off members get jobs but screwed every other group out there. Wake up and smell the coffee.

The company wants to basically eliminate the maintenance department, there is no incentive what so ever to talk to the company and their actions have shown you can't trust them anyhow!

Our mechanics and utility are the lowest paid out of the majors including WN.
Whoever you are....should we give you a name?.....in any case, the inaccuracies in your post rival those of a certain other Poster Extrordinair, but you stand on the other side of the fence. You must be so proud!

So, 10 AB overhauls get outsourced and now you and your group think the world has come to an end? Are you still pushing airplanes back? Crimmony, the mainline pilots have allowed 465 RJs to "feed" a tiny 279 airplane fleet, and you somehow think your group has been outsourced more? Wacked thinking, Wrencher Man!

Also, LOA 91 does NOT ensure furloughed pilots get jobs, in fact, it sent hundreds of potential jobs to the contract carriers.

I suggest YOU wake up and smell the coffee.

APL Refugee said:
So, 10 AB overhauls get outsourced and now you and your group think the world has come to an end? Are you still pushing airplanes back? Crimmony, the mainline pilots have allowed 465 RJs to "feed" a tiny 279 airplane fleet, and you somehow think your group has been outsourced more? Wacked thinking, Wrencher Man!

Also, LOA 91 does NOT ensure furloughed pilots get jobs, in fact, it sent hundreds of potential jobs to the contract carriers.

I suggest YOU wake up and smell the coffee.
Your missing the point!! :shock: The mainline ALLOWED the company to have all you mentioned thru thier contract by eating their young. It is in the mechanics contract to do all the heavy maintenance work on the fleet. Sending our work out was not ALLOWED by our contract. We did not give up the launguage. There is a huge difference between what you gave the company legally and what their taking illegally.

I suggest you cut back on the coffee!! :blink:

Yeah, yeah, yeah......and furloughing over 1700 pilots was not ALLOWED by our contract. That fact and the full price of 3.89 will buy me a soy latte at Starbucks.

So what? Join the club! Get over it and realize that it's your turn to pony up.

700UW said:
Bob,

It boils down to one thing, it is still Siegel's plan, the only thing that changed is the band leader.

No airline to this date has returned to profitiblity on employee concessions alone. There is still no vision on how to generate revenue and do business smart. The still waste millions of dollars on doing business stupid, they have still not acted upon one single cost savings item the IAM provided the company back in March which is $80 to $100 million. They still have not taken full use of the concessions all ready provided in two previous rounds.

I hate to say it but we are in a course to go back into bankruptcy and probably never come out.
700UW:

I agree with your bandleader comment.

I agree that no airline has restructured on employee concessions alone.

I agree that that the business is still being run "stupidly"

However, I am not sure sure there is no vision. We are hearing runors of some tid-bits of vision... PIT as a focus city... renewed focus on BOS/LGA/DCA. More point-to-point. Europe focused from PHL... Caribbean focused from CLT... New fare structure being "tested"... And furthermore, we are hearing rumors that these items are to come to pass in short order. I would say the waters of "vision" have improved from muddy to murky. Not where you want to be, but a slight tiny improvement. (Of course, if these items do not get carried out in short order, our "vision" goes right back to muddy, as has happened so many times before.)

It does seem as if Lakefield will implement Seigel's plan... I just wonder why Seigel didn't implement his own plan... Also, the overriding question is: Is the plan too little too late? My gut tells me this might be the case, but we'll have to wait and find out.

APL Refugee said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah......and furloughing over 1700 pilots was not ALLOWED by our contract. That fact and the full price of 3.89 will buy me a soy latte at Starbucks.

So what? Join the club! Get over it and realize that it's your turn to pony up.
But everything you were whining about was willingly given away. Don't cry about your contract that you negotiated away. :shock: I'm out of the ponying up club. If the pilot group wants to save this place then hop on board the pony ride. Your group has the most to lose salary wise in your next profession. So once again I repeat full pay and benefits until the last day. I'm ready to take this sinking ship under and will get personal joy out of drowning rats like you with it. :p

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 90
to much time to quit said:
So once again I repeat full pay and benefits until the last day. I'm ready to take this sinking ship under and will get personal joy out of drowning rats like you with it. :p
What a classy statement...NOT! :down:

to much time to quit said:
So once again I repeat full pay and benefits until the last day. I'm ready to take this sinking ship under and will get personal joy out of drowning rats like you with it. :p
I agree not very classy <_<