Charlotte To Get Munich Flight

Lufthansa issued a U.S.-based press release about its new MUC-CLT service earlier today. Read it here.

This is good news for CLT travelers who now will have nonstop access to another European hub. It's also good news for US Airways which will get additional international connecting passengers using its flights from CLT to cities throughout the South.

tadjr said:
So all those Germans coming to Florida simply fly to Miami and then drive the 4 or 5 hours to get to Disney or the beaches?
No, they fly to Miami (LH flies MUC-MIA and FRA-MIA) and connect on United Express to Orlando.

You've got to remember that DEN is basically a continental, east-west hub. While it does not have service to FRA/MUC - a star alliance gateway - it also does not have service to NRT - a UA hub. Clearly, UA has made the clear, conscious decision to do the big international flying from hub #1 (Chicago) and the coastal hubs (SFO, LAX, and IAD).

What no Denver flight? Lufthansa flies daily between Frankfurt and Denver.

Lufthansa's North American Network:

Frankfurt to Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Miami, New York City, Newark, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington, D.C.

Munich to Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, New York City, and San Francsico.

Operated by PrivatAir:
Dusseldorf to Chicago and Newark; Munich to Newark

Operated by Air Canada:
Frankfurt to Calgary, Montreal, and Toronto; Munich to Toronto

Operated by United:
Frankfurt to Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.; Munich to Washington, D.C.

Operations by USAirways (soon):
Frankfurt to Charlotte, Philadelpia, Pittsburgh; Munich to Philadelphia

Operations by Thomas Cook DE (leisure subsidiary):
Frankfurt to Anchorage, Fairbanks, Ft. Myers, Orlando, and Whitehorse

Lets just hope, LH uses US employees to work the flight instead of using Signature.

AOG-N-IT, does LH do any of our ETOPS work in Europe?

700UW said:
Lets just hope, LH uses US employees to work the flight instead of using Signature.

AOG-N-IT, does LH do any of our ETOPS work in Europe?
700UW,
If memory serves?...I do believe they handle our MUC/PHL flights on a contract maintenance basis.

I know for fact that FRA and LGW flights are handled by AA from a maintenance and stores perspective....and they tend to do a heck of a job , plus they communicate rather well.

Lufthansa Teknik does provide some emergency logistical support when we call on them....but then again so does Condor and LTU. LH is not my first choice when we break overseas. LH Teknik tends to want to send a courier with borrowed parts that have to be moved from say MUC to FRA and the alike....and guess whom pays for their couriers ticket?....take 3 guesses ..and the first two don't count.

I hope U has the savy to bid for LH's work in CLT...getting $7.00 per hour losers that have to pass international screening may be a stretch these days...least of all ones that will stick with the job when they do pass?

Back in the day when Butler Aviation was contracted to work Freight , Baggage and some Line Maintenance for LH during the CLT -FRA days with the B747-200's and -200 Combi's ...a pulse and the ability to lift 70lbs. was all that was required of them. The turnover was rather alarming too !!!

This should be a real test of the limits of a business partnership....I think "Codeshare" should be more incompassing than just ticketing ease , but that's just my opinion on the subject. I tend to see the need for U workers working as opposed to being furloughed on a whim.

Latest posts