US Airways may send jet work outside union

----------------
On 5/29/2003 7:45:12 AM LavMan wrote:

This is a game the company is trying to play and not win. We currently do the heavy maintenance checks on every airplane we fly, always have and always will.

----------------​

I''m mechanics at NWA and UAL were saying the same thing, up until they saw planes being flown to Tramco or whoever will be doing their overhauls now.

Overhaul is going the way of receipt and dispatch...

----------------
On 5/29/2003 2:53:23 PM tug_slug wrote:

----------------
On 5/29/2003 2:36:50 PM eolesen wrote:

I''m mechanics at NWA and UAL were saying the same thing, up until they saw planes being flown to Tramco or whoever will be doing their overhauls now.

Overhaul is going the way of receipt and dispatch...

----------------​

AMFA GAVE away the heavy maintenance at NWA, sure the mechanics make more money but there''s fewer of them around to enjoy it.

havHad the mechanics at UAL rejected the contract UAL would e had the BK Judge abrogate the existing contract and had one imposed on them, one that would have been much worst. What would you have done?

----------------​
I don''t believe anyone can say that a BK judge would automatically abrogate a contract. Everyone ASSUMES that, because it happened @ Continential in the early 80''s. Too bad no labor group to date has had the guts to take it to a judge.

In addition to the Fact that it is our work!
NTSB finds maintenance problems before Charlotte plane crash
Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Inexperienced mechanics and confusing instructions were among the problems at a maintenance shop that worked on a commuter plane two days before it crashed, according to a panel investigating the deadly accident.
Twenty-one people died when US Airways Express Flight 5481 crashed Jan. 8 at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport. The crash happened seconds after takeoff on a flight to Greer, S.C.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the accident. A two-day NTSB hearing that ended Wednesday drew attention to potential problems at third-party maintenance shops, which have taken over more of the work for major airlines.
Critics contend it''s harder for airlines to ensure quality work when they rely on maintenance shops run by an outside company.

Latest posts