US Airways CEO: We don’t have to merge, but maybe it makes senseRead more here: http://www.charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic journalism from phx....surprise surprise.
AWA did NOT purchase UsAir ways out of BK!
Stop whining. The story is from Reuters not some local PHX paper.

I know you guys like to disregard the truth but damn.

Without AWA what was the plan for Us Airways to emerge from BK? Read the transcripts from the LOA 93 grievance.

Stop whining. The story is from Reuters not some local PHX paper.

I know you guys like to disregard the truth but damn.

Without AWA what was the plan for Us Airways to emerge from BK? Read the transcripts from the LOA 93 grievance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion we (the Usairways pilots) made a poor choice in deciding to accept a contract and subsequently all of the continious piling on of the junk that has become this career at this airline...

We should have thrown in the towel with the 1st ch.11 and gone elsewhere, (they probably would have come back with a more palatable concession package, or we would all be elswhere doin something else..) Not quagmired in this protracted argument..

Wish we hadent been around for AWA to merge with, wish we had just disolved... "Just a large pile of Northern Efficiency, with all the growth in the domestic routes, (sell the 76's)" Edwin I......

Gotta at least love the poor souls that cling to such a tired heap of a airline...

Hopefully, in the near future, we will be able to have APA membership, New Uniforms, New call sign, New name on the paystub, and not unlike a hostage, forever forget any and all things associated with the last 25 or so years....They have truly sucked...Just my opinion....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion we (the Usairways pilots) made a poor choice in deciding to accept a contract and subsequently all of the continious piling on of the junk that has become this career at this airline...

We should have thrown in the towel with the 1st ch.11 and gone elsewhere, (they probably would have come back with a more palatable concession package, or we would all be elswhere doin something else..) Not quagmired in this protracted argument..

Wish we hadent been around for AWA to merge with, wish we had just disolved... "Just a large pile of Northern Efficiency, with all the growth in the domestic routes, (sell the 76's)" Edwin I......

Gotta at least love the poor souls that cling to such a tired heap of a airline...

Hopefully, in the near future, we will be able to have APA membership, New Uniforms, New call sign, New name on the paystub, and not unlike a hostage, forever forget any and all things associated with the last 25 or so years....They have truly sucked...Just my opinion....
One of the finest posts I've read in a long time.

Your honest retrospect is much appreciated.

Like the article says, couldn't imagine CLT without a strong US presence. Would anyone disagree that the two most important/profitable hubs are CLT and DCA?

Wish we hadent been around for AWA to merge with, wish we had just disolved...

Me (and about 1700 of my closest friends) too!

Pathetic journalism from phx....surprise surprise.
AWA did NOT purchase UsAir ways out of BK!

Articles referended are from Reuters and the Charlotte Observer. Where did you learn to read? AWA did NOT purchase Useless Air out of BK? Ok, if you say so.

No use trying to get a clue now. It might weigh you down.

Who gives a flying $%^&#@! who bought who???????? All that matters is the size of your frick'n pay check to do a frick'n job. We are "ALL" nothing more than simple labor, all of us are Americans, all neighbors and all just trying to take care of our families. I don't give a flip who's name they want to paint on the side of the airplane I work. Doing a good job and being compensated fairly is all that maters. You're playing right into their hands ... divide and conquer?

US Airways Discusses Possible Merger with American Airlines: March 21, 2012

ABC15.com (KNXV-TV)

PHOENIX - US Airways CEO Doug Parker and other top brass answered questions Wednesday night about the airlines future but gave little comment about the possible merger with American Airlines.

"We've hired some people to assess the situation and that is still going on," said Parker. "It is likely to be going on for some time."

Parker addressed media from around the country at an event at the Musical Instrument Museum in North Phoenix.

American Airlines filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in November.

Parker reiterated past comments that he believes in the strategy of airline consolidation.

US Airways attempted to merge with Delta back in 2006 but failed without having the support from employees.

James Ray, with the pilots' union USAPA told ABC15 that it is too soon to tell if this merger bid would have the blessings from the labor unions.

"Most times mergers are not good for the employees," he said. "There has to be a clear benefit for the pilots for them to support."

Ray pointed out that there are still some seniority issues being worked out from the last merger with America West so it could be complicated.

A merger would take US Airways from fifth largest airline to third or nearing second.

President Scott Kirby expressed optimism about the airline's future for 2012 despite fuel costs and economic factors.

He said that the airline is doing well and they are in a good position because a merger is not a must for its success.

Would anyone disagree that the two most important/profitable hubs are CLT and DCA?
It all depends on how you allocate the revenue and determine importanct/profits. Per ticket, the company makes more money in PHL than CLT. CLT has more flights and may be able to make up the difference in quantity, but I don't access to the numbers to know either way.

Attorney: American Airlines will seek to throw out labor contracts if deal isn't reached

American Airlines will ask a federal bankruptcy judge next week to throw out its union contracts if it can’t reach cost-cutting deals with labor unions.

Click here to read the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back