US Airways First Company to Step Forward

flybynite

Veteran
Nov 20, 2006
Charlotte NC
Hospitality House of Charlotte gets a check from US Airways to ease the burden of struggling families.

Nice article in the Charlotte Observer this morning. Doug Parker was here also and was helping in the kitchen at the charity. :)

How does Doug and his merry band of thieves live their daily lives by screwing employees, do you realize some work groups havent had raises in over six years?

Its six years post-merger, and the pilots and fa's are not working under one CBA and no airline merger in history has gone six years and not been completed.

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Good lord how do you people get through daily life with such crappy attitudes?

Trust me they do. One has been on here as long as I have and he hates life. Trust me the majority of US employees do not feel the same way. It doesnt matter how many management teams this airline has or will have they will have the same negative attitude. Just pay no attention...Their co workers do :)

700, My guess is you can't cut it in the real world without a union protecting you at each turn.
But on the brightside at least your not on the public dole yet!

700, My guess is you can't cut it in the real world without a union protecting you at each turn.

You never answered my question about what you do in the "real world". Let us know so we can pick apart your job's value and compensation.

Guess you dont understand, I was a worker, and a union member, a member who was elected and appointed to various positions, I protected workers from the company.

And the thread isnt about me, its about how the company gives money to charity and yet doesnt help its own workers.

Nice try on avoiding the what I posted and try to attack and insult me.

Try again!

Guess you dont understand, I was a worker, and a union member, a member who was elected and appointed to various positions, I protected workers from the company.

And the thread isnt about me, its about how the company gives money to charity and yet doesnt help its own workers.

Try again!
That's the problem with the east. They expect everyone to give them what they want. Usually it's the job of the union to get contract improvements instead of hoping for the company's charity to provide it. USAPA has failed miserably.

Try again!
Exactly how does the company not help it's own workers? Can you name a single person who isn't receiving the wages that were previously agreed upon by them or by their representative agent? Beyond paying what was agreed to, what else would you like them to do? Pay profit sharing to groups where the contract doesn't exclude it? No wait they do that. Pay performance-based bonuses to employees for achieving top rankings on monthly DOT statistics? No wait, they do that too. How about if they give certain employees who have been recognized for outstanding performance a chance to receive a bonus of up $10,000 as a way of recognizing and honoring their hard work? Ah yes, they do that too. So, exactly how is it Management is not helping employees?

its the US MGMT team rakinginthe big bonuses, big pay giving to charity. while its nice that US is or gave to charity they could do the same and give the employees (who are the actual folks that make US fly on time anddoes the actual work) better contracts with better pay etc. 700 is correct

Exactly how does the company not help it's own workers?

Here is how...

Can you name a single person who isn't receiving the wages that were previously agreed upon by them or by their representative agent?

All America West Flight attendants have been working with a 1999 contract that expired in 2004. The union and company had been in negotiations for a few years already and were close to a TA by 2005. America West management pulled the rug out from underneath, when (A FEW MONTHS SHORT OF RATIFYING A NEW CONTRACT), they announced the merger with US Airways, and then told AWA F/A's: "OOOOps, Sorry guys, we have to start negotiating from scratch on a new and combined contract, now that we are a new company."
This, in essence, is corporate theft, as AWA F/A's had been working with an expired, amendable, outdated (economywise) and low paying contract. In 2005, they were supposed to achieve that upgrade to work rules and include pay improvements.

As of 2012, it'll have been 13 years of working with a contract that contains substandard wages even when seen in 1999 terms and comparing to other airlines' 1999/2000 contracts.

Beyond paying what was agreed to, what else would you like them to do?

It was agreed to get the 1999 contract amended to a new contract by, (latest), 2004.
Finish the combined contract or finish the AWA contract. You cannot tell me that it is not possible. At United Airlines, they ratified the CO F/A contract almost a year after the merger with UA. US Airways just chooses not to give it's employees anything. THE MO IS: "If we can get them stuck on 1999 pay scales late into 2020, then we are saving a bundle."

Pay profit sharing to groups where the contract doesn't exclude it? No wait they do that. Pay performance-based bonuses to employees for achieving top rankings on monthly DOT statistics? No wait, they do that too.

I don't know if you work inside and actually know what each employee group receives, but there is huge disparity between workgroups on the distribution of the this bonus. Alone between the pilots and F/A's there is a huge gap. We all worked hard to achieve the bonus, so why not split the pie without politics in the way. IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY WERE TO SPLIT THAT PROFIT CHECK EQUALLY AROUND THE SYSTEM. BUT THEN AGAIN, THAT WOULD BE UN-AMERICAN.

How about if they give certain employees who have been recognized for outstanding performance a chance to receive a bonus of up $10,000 as a way of recognizing and honoring their hard work? Ah yes, they do that too. So, exactly how is it Management is not helping employees?
Have you ever sat down and read the stories behind those nominations? The things that some people get nominated for are sometimes surprising, even to me.

I don't believe in that program. What I believe is in fair and equal treatment to all employees.

Back