US Airways Does It Again--Tour Group Disappointment

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
My wife and I are just back from a wonderful vacation--Switzerland and Northern Italy, beginning in Milan and returning from Rome...our first TRUE vacation in a few years. Our flights from EWR to MXP and FCO to EWR were on time, the airplanes were SPOTLESS, and the service was excellent--Business First is an excellent product. AND our bags were waiting for us on both legs of the journey.

Upon arrival, as we got on the bus, we met a few others in our group, and it turned out that out of 37 people in the group, 5 did not get their luggage, and 2 more were complaining about poor service and broken features on the airplane. Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to which airline these 7 flew? You got it---US!

The luggage problems all occurred on connections through PHL, and each flight had connecting times outbound in excess of 2 hours..No excuse for not getting their bags. To add insult to injury, US in MXP, either company or their agents were unfriendly, uncaring, and downright rude to the customers affected AND the tour director, who had the responsibility of getting the bags to their owners. At one point US was REFUSING to deliver the bags to Lugano, were we stayed the first 2 nights.

The bottom line is after a lot of arguing, cajoling, and unneccesary bickering, the bags showed up at the hotel, 3 hours before we were leaving Lugano for Venice--these people were without their clothing and personal belongings for almost 72 hours from the time of departure.

As someone who was once so proud of US Airways, I was embarrassed for all the good people who are still there, and for the few left who still care. The tour director said that they are going to reconsider having US as a recommended carrier for next season.

Having seen the recent comments by management, blaming the poor performance on lack of gates, etc. in PHL, it makes you wonder....

Well, it shows that Kettles are sometimes treated as badly as frequent fliers are.......

In case you haven't guessed, WE flew on CO.....

My BEST to you all....

And WHO said it's getting better?

But just remember folks.....According to Parker and Co. we must make PHL work and things are getting better....

give me a break

ART, you and all the others need to just move on. You now sound like vindictive old queens (which I know you aren't). Leave with a bit of grace. We know where your heart is but the constant snipping is a major turn off. Sorry, just my opinion.

LCC,

As long as management chooses to make public statements that things are getting better, and they keep blaming everyone but themselves, we will continue to point out their poor performance. It is not sniping, at least from my perspective. It is keeping it real--a counterpoint to the spin from Tempe.

The point will continue to be made that as long as they continue to fail their customers (and their employees I might add), that there will be a price to be paid--and by them, not us. It will take time, but one can only hope.....

Many of us have moved on, LCC--and the numbers are beginning to show it.

ART, you and all the others need to just move on. You now sound like vindictive old queens (which I know you aren't). Leave with a bit of grace. We know where your heart is but the constant snipping is a major turn off. Sorry, just my opinion.

amen lcc#1. why should DELETED BY MODERATOR be embarrassed? him and DELETED BY MODERATOR both
sound like airline employee wannabes anyhow....move on!!!

MOD NOTE: Name calling is still against the rules.

Art, just move on-Im soo disgusted of this joint!
It's a chinese you-know-ehat- and a joke to boot!

Everyone I know has either retired or on a leave of absence-makes you wonder?
All my best...

Wench1,

We have moved on---but we are going to continue to keep the pressure up until they start to get things working better.

They have already lost MILLIONS in revenue from guys like me......and we have the basic numbers to show it.

Now LCC has gone from pissing off customers one at a time to pissing whole groups of customers.
You mean lil ole me or US Airways? LOL I wish I had that power.
Listen, I think Art and all the rest are great guys. They have stayed with us longer than i would. I know where their hearts are. I just wouldn't EVER want to give US management the power of snipping. My response was in NO way an attack to them as they have been the only bright spot in a terrible situation. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, every time you put your butt in thier seats or purchase a ticket, you add to their bottom line and tell them everything is fine. They are making money. They don't give a sh!t about frequent flyers, just like they don't give a sh!t about employees. They care about money and they are making plenty of it. No customer is "showing them" anything but profits.

Walk away... why continue to support such a lousy product? Saying it's the convenience of their hub airports or the amount of flights of they have just fuels the fire. If you're 'stuck' making US profitable, why on earth would they change anything?

That's why I will only use miles or vouchers on US. They were handing out those vouchers like that was going to fix the airline--now, everyone should just redeem them to lower their RASM....i'm sure there are a ton of them out there. At one point, people said they were getting them even when they didn't really have a complaint. i've heard of some people getting two different vouchers in different amounts for the same complaint :blink: yeah, these people know what they are doing :rolleyes:

Wench1,

We have moved on---but we are going to continue to keep the pressure up until they start to get things working better.

They have already lost MILLIONS in revenue from guys like me......and we have the basic numbers to show it.

No offense buddy, but as soon as you leave, there are 10 people to take your spot. not to mention the fact credit card vendors are starting you off as a SILVER to start with. :down:

The reason there is much lost revenue is the fact that the business man isn't paying top dollar for a seat anymore like he was before.