Not everyone has bad times at US Airways.

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Visit site
US Airways - by J Wang
26 February 2007

My business partner and I opted for an upgrade to their Envoy class for $500 each and were given the Envoy Sleeper seats from Philadelphia-Rome by special treatment of the very nice staff from their VIP lounge. We were offered pre-flight drinks/cold cuts/salad in the club room. Once on board, flight attendants offered to hang our coats plus give drinks immediately. To my surprise, it was one of the few fully recline seats on board. The food selection were crabcake/filet-mignon. They ensured that we get complete privacy by denying toilet privileges from Envoy class customers who tried to use our bathroom. We were treated like a movie star from beginning to the end. I have flown many Asian airlines and this was probably one of the best flights that I got under the superior service of our flight attendants. Our flight arrived on schedule and our bag were the first to arrive.

Taken on 25 October 2006 from Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia International Airport) - PHL to Milano (Milan) (Malpensa) - MXP

This was my first time flying US Airways internationally. US Airways only flies three types of aircraft internationally (B757, B767, and A330), so I was disappointed when I learned that the PHL-MXP route was flown by B767s. I was pleasantly surprised, however. I was in coach, the window seat, so I was thankful to have avoided the middle of the 2-3-2 configuration. The seats were comfortable and had surprisingly more room than I had anticipated. The food wasn't bad - the entree was the best part, and the "sides" and snacks left a little to be desired. The flight attendants were accomodating, but often seemed annoyed when it wasn't their designated time to be up. For instance, although I was able to get a drink of water during the flight, she did seem annoyed that I was asking outside of the beverage service for a beverage. The flight arrived early without any problems. The plane was clean, the people were friendly, and it was an enjoyable experience. The return flight was early arriving back in the States also, even though it left almost 30 minutes late from MXP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you fly with this Airline again? Yes
Return Ticket? Yes
Return Date? 31 October 2006
Ticket Class? Coach
International Flight? Yes
Does the passenger take regular flights (with any airline)? Yes
Service marks (out of 10) 9
Flight on time marks (out of 10) 10
Comfort marks (out of 10) 8
Value marks (out of 10) 8
Date of Entry Sunday 26th of November, 2006
Request deletion of this review

Taken on 25 October 2006 from Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia International Airport) - PHL to Milano (Milan) (Malpensa) - MXP

This was my first time flying US Airways internationally. US Airways only flies three types of aircraft internationally (B757, B767, and A330), so I was disappointed when I learned that the PHL-MXP route was flown by B767s. I was pleasantly surprised, however. I was in coach, the window seat, so I was thankful to have avoided the middle of the 2-3-2 configuration. The seats were comfortable and had surprisingly more room than I had anticipated. The food wasn't bad - the entree was the best part, and the "sides" and snacks left a little to be desired. The flight attendants were accomodating, but often seemed annoyed when it wasn't their designated time to be up. For instance, although I was able to get a drink of water during the flight, she did seem annoyed that I was asking outside of the beverage service for a beverage. The flight arrived early without any problems. The plane was clean, the people were friendly, and it was an enjoyable experience. The return flight was early arriving back in the States also, even though it left almost 30 minutes late from MXP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you fly with this Airline again? Yes
Return Ticket? Yes
Return Date? 31 October 2006
Ticket Class? Coach
International Flight? Yes
Does the passenger take regular flights (with any airline)? Yes
Service marks (out of 10) 9
Flight on time marks (out of 10) 10
Comfort marks (out of 10) 8
Value marks (out of 10) 8
Date of Entry Sunday 26th of November, 2006
Request deletion of this review

I allways tuk the Grayhoun bus befor, But mah Cuzzin Clem was havin a fambly reunion in Fayutville, Arkansaw. Them fambly reunions are grate. Pork and chiken and shine and the cutest liitle cuzzins.

I found out US Air had prices jes lak the bus and i never ben on a plane. Had Auntie Mom drap me at the Charlutte airport. Dang talest bilding I ever saw. Bigger than a silo.

The peeple wuz nice. They give me a speshual red and white stikker as soon as I drug mah bag, I boght new extra strenth Hefty. throogh the line adn looked at this macheen funny for about 10 minutes. They sed it wuz a kee osk and did ent work. I made a joke about it dont have no arms what can it do? That is how I gotta sticker.

Ten they acsked if I new mah name. Doug I said. Thay acsked if I wuz any relation to there Doug. Prolly am I said dont know hardly anyone I aint related to. they give me another stikker. Said you are some speshul.

Any how i got a speshul person to get me out of there. They tuk me throogh some macheen where I lost mah knife and shine. They ascked if i had tooth paist whatever that is. I jest smiled and they sed nevermind.

I got a winder seet and a nice lady fastined my belt. I coud see all over. We tuk off and the lady ascked me if I wanted a drink. I told her they tuk my shine and she gave me acute litle botle of Jack Daniels, because I was speshul. Never had likker out of sech a small botle or likker with a name. I drank it and then she give me a cup.

I got to Fayutville and Clem wuz there in that 65 Ford he alway had. He had sum real shine.

Greayhoun bus never give me stikkers or likker. I llke US Air

Good one, Dog Wonder. :lol:

Seriously, though, if you look at a long enough period to average out the good and bad days (and ignore everything since March 5), more people have a good experience than bad. The fly in the ointment is that a higher percentage of passengers have a bad experience on US than just about any other major carrier, at least based on DOT complaints.

So while it's good that people enjoyed their flight(s), it'd be nice if a higher percentage did.

Jim

Fly,

How dare you post something positive? I was just about to throw myself in front of the employee bus.... and then I read the reviews! :angry:

Gimme a minute, I am going to regroup and think of something else to whine about. At least I don't have cancer that has unexpectedly spread into my bones, so maybe I'll pause and enjoy the positive posts for a moment before I continue on....

:eek:

bagdad_bob_large.gif

I allways tuk the Grayhoun bus befor, But mah Cuzzin Clem was havin a fambly reunion in Fayutville, Arkansaw. Them fambly reunions are grate. Pork and chiken and shine and the cutest liitle cuzzins.

I found out US Air had prices jes lak the bus and i never ben on a plane. Had Auntie Mom drap me at the Charlutte airport. Dang talest bilding I ever saw. Bigger than a silo.

The peeple wuz nice. They give me a speshual red and white stikker as soon as I drug mah bag, I boght new extra strenth Hefty. throogh the line adn looked at this macheen funny for about 10 minutes. They sed it wuz a kee osk and did ent work. I made a joke about it dont have no arms what can it do? That is how I gotta sticker.

Ten they acsked if I new mah name. Doug I said. Thay acsked if I wuz any relation to there Doug. Prolly am I said dont know hardly anyone I aint related to. they give me another stikker. Said you are some speshul.

Any how i got a speshul person to get me out of there. They tuk me throogh some macheen where I lost mah knife and shine. They ascked if i had tooth paist whatever that is. I jest smiled and they sed nevermind.

I got a winder seet and a nice lady fastined my belt. I coud see all over. We tuk off and the lady ascked me if I wanted a drink. I told her they tuk my shine and she gave me acute litle botle of Jack Daniels, because I was speshul. Never had likker out of sech a small botle or likker with a name. I drank it and then she give me a cup.

I got to Fayutville and Clem wuz there in that 65 Ford he alway had. He had sum real shine.

Greayhoun bus never give me stikkers or likker. I llke US Air

SOOOOOOOO funny!!! :up: