US Airways Does It Again--Tour Group Disappointment

It's mainly employees and a few former customers making fun of the airline. You have to admit, the Least Favourite Airline Worldwide provides endless entertainment.

No one goes there nowadays, it's too crowded.
Yogi Berra
US baseball player, coach, & manager (1925 - )

I thought the BofA and Juniper cards didn't give elite qualifying miles for signing up, only DM miles......

Jim

I thought the BofA and Juniper cards didn't give elite qualifying miles for signing up, only DM miles......

Jim

It doesn't that I know of, but the Signature card does give you what is like Silver Light status because of certain benefits without actually being a Silver.

That's what I thought - preferred boarding and ability to use the elite line at the ticket counter. I was really responding to:

[quote name='PO'ed PHX Ramper' post='541108' date='Nov 6 2007, 11:27 PM']not to mention the fact credit card vendors are starting you off as a SILVER to start with.[/quote]

Jim

As US1YFARE said, it would take about 10 "Silvers" to make up the revenue from 1 Chairman, about 6-7 for one Platinum, and 3-4 for one Gold. People are leaving, and it's beginning to show. We did a survey, and it shows that between $15 and $20M is already gone, and that is just people who responded. If you speculate that average survey responses are less than 10% and extrapolate, the real number of high yield customers who have taken their $$ elsewhere is much higher.

So they will say that the number of Preferreds is the same or growing, but the fact is the REVENUE provided by those Preferreds and Preferred Lites is significantly down.

And you are right, the business people like me will no longer pay top dollar to subsidize the leisure fares. But let me be clear. We never advocated the LOWEST fares-we advocated FAIR fares. In the end, they would raise RASM, and provide higher AVERAGE fares. A rational fare structure would be the way to go, but I think that ship has sailed.

As long as US delivers a substandard product with little expectation of on time performance or acceptable baggage numbers at the same or higher prices than the competition, there is no reason to fly them. Where is the VALUE in that proposition? In fact I am not sure they have figured out who the true competition is......

There's a reason why I paid for two Business First tickets on CO rather than use miles on US, and why most of my members and I have made US the LAST choice only when it can't be avoided......and THAT is the true problem.

When Tempe realizes that the Employees come first, the Customers second, and the Shareholders third, they MIGHT have a chance, but as long as they keep on the current path, the clock is ticking. Happy employees help make for happy customers, and when you take care of those two, the shareholders will be happy. Unfortunately, Tempe sees fit to look out only for shareholders (and themselves), and they do not care about you fine folks on the line or us, the (former) customers.

As my friend Bob puts it, they will become a victim of the high cost of cheap--they know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

Get back to the fundamentals--fix the labor problems, and get the operation running. Get a reservation system which works, a web site which works, and GET THERE ON TIME WITH BAGS (to the best of your ability).

My best to you all.....

ART, Leave with a bit of grace.

sky high states: This man is more committed to changing this airline for the better then MOST employees! He's spent his PERSONAL time getting involved at every level within LCC. Flying out to Tempe for meetings, interacting with employees affected by the bankruptcies, Reserv closures and Shares debacle. More, importantly, he's EXPOSED all the shortcomings of the Freq. flyer program, First class cabin, baggage handling and much more. And, you're telling him to leave with grace? I SAY, THANK YOU!!!!!!! I sincerely hope someone in Tempe was feeling the pressure to up their ACCOUNTIBILITY. Everyone b!tches on this board........and, then we had ART, who STEPPED UP to fight for "us".

He's a frequent flyer (who probably has thousands of unused miles on LCC).....who has EVERY RIGHT to post here or anywhere he likes.

POST ON, ART.

only stating opinions

sky high states: This man is more committed to changing this airline for the better then MOST employees! He's spent his PERSONAL time getting involved at every level within LCC. Flying out to Tempe for meetings, interacting with employees affected by the bankruptcies, Reserv closures and Shares debacle. More, importantly, he's EXPOSED all the shortcomings of the Freq. flyer program, First class cabin, baggage handling and much more. And, you're telling him to leave with grace? I SAY, THANK YOU!!!!!!! I sincerely hope someone in Tempe was feeling the pressure to up their ACCOUNTIBILITY. Everyone b!tches on this board........and, then we had ART, who STEPPED UP to fight for "us".

He's a frequent flyer (who probably has thousands of unused miles on LCC).....who has EVERY RIGHT to post here or anywhere he likes.

POST ON, ART.
only stating opinions

Art knows where my heart is and that I appreciate him. He also realizes that the point I was making was as he has somewhat left US Airways, it is my hope that he not become cynical and mean as a few others have . It saddens me to see that the determination and lack of reponse has worn these guys out. Sounds familiar, doesn't it. I would rather Art and others move on then to let it get them so badly that every post is biting or sniping and not the intellectual dialogue we have all appreciated.

you just don't get it, do you?
ah, sweet apathy... :rolleyes:
Sadly, you dont know me. I DO get it! I know what I see. I have the uptmost respect for those that have stayed with us. Perhaps you find the type of behavior I speak of as appropriate or my opinion "apathetic". That would be your opinion and that's fine ok.

As US1YFARE said, it would take about 10 "Silvers" to make up the revenue from 1 Chairman, about 6-7 for one Platinum, and 3-4 for one Gold. People are leaving, and it's beginning to show. We did a survey, and it shows that between $15 and $20M is already gone, and that is just people who responded. If you speculate that average survey responses are less than 10% and extrapolate, the real number of high yield customers who have taken their $$ elsewhere is much higher.

So they will say that the number of Preferreds is the same or growing, but the fact is the REVENUE provided by those Preferreds and Preferred Lites is significantly down.

Art is absolutely right, and you can see the trend in the October traffic numbers. In October, Continental saw RASM increase 6-7% on an increase of 5.7% in capacity and a slight (0.2 point) increase in load factor. In the same month, US Airways saw RASM increase by a similar number (5-7%) -- but that was done on a decrease of 5.5% in capacity and an increase in load factor of 3.3 points. A quick back-of-the-envelope calculation (multiply 1+change in capacity by 1+change in RASM) says that CO grew revenue by over 12% year-over-year in October while US's revenue grew by 0.1% -- so one can contrast profitable growth at CO to still more "shrink to profitability" as a strategy at US.