US Airways Does It Again--Tour Group Disappointment

First of all, thank you Sky High for your kind remarks...they were greatly appreciated. Also thanks for defending me--I spoke with LCC#1 and I understand the purpose of that post. We understand each other--so no worries there.

Even though I have moved US to my no fly list for now, I am hoping that things will turn around to the point when I can return. So although it appears I have given up, I most certainly have not. I think my refusal to give US $1 of my money until they get their act together says alot. I just think no one is listening. What a shame....

Most of my efforts now are behind the scenes--who knows if they will bear fruit but at the end of the day I will know I tried. Right now I continue to be an advocate for our members who have contacted me for assistance with customer issues--making sure they get a response, and that their issues are properly handled.

Sky High put it very succinctly--we will continue to be a counterpoint to the spin machine in Tempe. We will point out the truth as opposed to the truth as THEY see it, and will try to make sure that people get a true picture of what is really going on. I have had some very enlightening conversations with members of the media of late......we used to think that the way to get action is to embarrass management in the press, but they seem to be doing an excellent job of that themselves lately.

I would like nothing more than to see US management wake up and start doing things right--what I want more than anything else is to see a successful, competitive US Airways, which can stand on its own and offer superb value and service to its customers. This cannot be achieved unless they first realize that employees and customers are an asset rather than a liability. To date they had not had this epiphany.

It saddens me to realize that so many of my good friends have left US Airways--those who were primarily responsible for my colleagues and my staying around as long as we did. I know it's for the best, but it gives me that much less incentive to come back.

FFOCUS membership is growing daily. I continued to be amazed and gratified at the number of people who continue to join us. We are very near 1000 members!

Who knows what will happen? It may already be out of our hands, but like I said, at least we know we gave it the old college try.

My BEST to you all....

ART/Piney Bob, please "indulge" me here for a moment or two.

Piney, I have taken it upon myself, to look on a map of NJ, and I can see exactly where you reside, on the southern NJ coast.

Art, having lived in Levittown myself, family in Medford + Port Jeff, I know very well where you are located.
I mention this, because I realize to AVOID LCC isn't without effort.
Art, I imagine your flying ISP/PHL and beyond.
Piney, your most likely driving west from NJ to PHL.

My former company(AA) would be honored to have both of your business's !
Piney, I realize the "jaunt" up the NJT to ewr, to give CO your business, isn't a pleasant thought
ART, I'd Imagine a ride on the LIRR to LGA/JFK for AA or LIRR/NJT-Amtrak to EWR is also an Imposition.
BUT,

I'm guessing that you both will get to the "point of NO return"(to LCC) fairly soon.

Good Luck...and I agreee with both of you, there ARE still a number of Good folks at LCC/PHL !

I'm not sure what NHBB is trying to say, but some things are without debate:

Delta and Spirit Airlines fly out of ACY. Lots of airlines fly out of PHL. Lots of airlines fly out of ISP.

No one in southern NJ/southeast PA or Long Island has to fly US or drive 100 miles to fly another airline.

I remember a time when I sung the praises of America West. I was a happy camper and believed in Doug. Now, I see the other side of the coin. You folks singing the praises will find out someday just how things work. They have taken on most of the US rules and regulations, customer service has gone out the window and no, you can't believe what Doug says. I know first hand. Listen to the former Chairman and watch the airlines they are flying soar. WN is now doing ads that aim directly at US. And they're right.

My wife and I are just back from a wonderful vacation--Switzerland and Northern Italy, beginning in Milan and returning from Rome...our first TRUE vacation in a few years. Our flights from EWR to MXP and FCO to EWR were on time, the airplanes were SPOTLESS, and the service was excellent--Business First is an excellent product. AND our bags were waiting for us on both legs of the journey.

Upon arrival, as we got on the bus, we met a few others in our group, and it turned out that out of 37 people in the group, 5 did not get their luggage, and 2 more were complaining about poor service and broken features on the airplane. Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to which airline these 7 flew? You got it---US!

The luggage problems all occurred on connections through PHL, and each flight had connecting times outbound in excess of 2 hours..No excuse for not getting their bags. To add insult to injury, US in MXP, either company or their agents were unfriendly, uncaring, and downright rude to the customers affected AND the tour director, who had the responsibility of getting the bags to their owners. At one point US was REFUSING to deliver the bags to Lugano, were we stayed the first 2 nights.

The bottom line is after a lot of arguing, cajoling, and unneccesary bickering, the bags showed up at the hotel, 3 hours before we were leaving Lugano for Venice--these people were without their clothing and personal belongings for almost 72 hours from the time of departure.

As someone who was once so proud of US Airways, I was embarrassed for all the good people who are still there, and for the few left who still care. The tour director said that they are going to reconsider having US as a recommended carrier for next season.

Having seen the recent comments by management, blaming the poor performance on lack of gates, etc. in PHL, it makes you wonder....

Well, it shows that Kettles are sometimes treated as badly as frequent fliers are.......

In case you haven't guessed, WE flew on CO.....

My BEST to you all....

And WHO said it's getting better?

And You Know This From a Friend who Heard it From A Friend Who Heard it From a Friend RIGHT?
If You People Want Things To Go PERFECTLY Than Lease a LEAR JET!! Move On Already!! :down:

Hey PHLFA88,

I flew CO and things went perfectly. Regarding the other passengers I heard directly from the affected passengers.

If your attitude is indicative of the rest of your colleagues remaining, it's no surprise the place is diving to the bottom.

If you spent more time trying to discuss the issues intelligently and less time sniping at those whose comments you don't like, maybe we'd get somewhere. But your childish comments indicate someone who just wants to lash out at someone, and you look like you are intent on just starting trouble.

As far as NHBB's question, US wrecked the schedule out of ISP a while back, so I have been flying from LGA and JFK, as well as the occasional EWR for a while now. My preferred carriers are now CO, and AA. Occasionally I fly DL or NW, but credit the miles to CO. The sad fact is that the grass is MUCH greener on the other side of the fence.

As I said before, just because US is now my LAST choice, it doesn't mean I am giving up the fight....

ART, you and all the others need to just move on. You now sound like vindictive old queens (which I know you aren't). Leave with a bit of grace. We know where your heart is but the constant snipping is a major turn off. Sorry, just my opinion.

ART MAKE A GOOD POINT. DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE TALKED TO PSGRS RETURNING HOME WHO WAITED IN EUROPEAN CITIES OR CARIBBEAN ISLANDS SEVERAL DAYS FOR THEIR LUGGAGE TO CATCH UP WITH THEM. JUST RECENTLY I TALKED WITH A MAN WHO TOOK HIS WIFE TO BDA FOR A SECOND HONEYMOON, IT TOOK 5 DAYS FOR HER BAGS TO SHOW UP, ON THE DAY BEFORE THEY WERE DUE TO RETURN HOME PHL DOES IT AGAIN

If You People Want Things To Go PERFECTLY Than Lease a LEAR JET!! Move On Already!! :down:
fail-1.jpg