Us Airways Expects To File

Star East Airways; Eastern Star Airways (but isn't that some Masonic group?), United Star Airways, Star Atlantic Airways; America East Airways; Piedmont Star Airways (PSA). I don't care, except I like real English words and names.

RowUnderDCA said:
Part of the POR should be a plan to dump the entire corporate identity: dump the name, the logo, the paintjob, the uniforms, the colors, the graphics. Eastern, Piedmont, United East, Metrojet, Allegheny, United Star Airways, Virgin America..... ANYTHING would be better than US Airways. US Airways carries the stigma of super bad karma..... the stigma of NOT wanting to run an airline... NOT wanting to compete for customers... NOT even wanting a marketplace, but rather the business plan of buying your competition to establish a monopoly and segmenting market to extort monopolistic fares from certain segments. GET RID OF IT.
[post="234277"][/post]​

RowUnderDCA said:
Part of the POR should be a plan to dump the entire corporate identity: dump the name, the logo, the paintjob, the uniforms, the colors, the graphics. Eastern, Piedmont, United East, Metrojet, Allegheny, United Star Airways, Virgin America..... ANYTHING would be better than US Airways. US Airways carries the stigma of super bad karma..... the stigma of NOT wanting to run an airline... NOT wanting to compete for customers... NOT even wanting a marketplace, but rather the business plan of buying your competition to establish a monopoly and segmenting market to extort monopolistic fares from certain segments. GET RID OF IT.
[post="234277"][/post]​

I have to agree 100%.

US Airways image is tarnished FOREVER!!! They need to hire a good PR firm and/or marketing firm (get rid of Ben B, outsource his job) and change the whole upper management. This is the only way US will ever return to a good company

10 years ago Continental was considered one of the worst airlines in the world. Now it's considered to be one of the better carriers (though no one will confuse it with Singapore). That turnaround happened relatively quickly, in the course of about two years. What Continental went through wasn't that different from what US Airways is going through---the main difference is that it's happening to US Airways much faster. CO also went bankrupt twice, and almost three times.

Twicebaked said:
I have to agree 100%.

US Airways image is tarnished FOREVER!!! They need to hire a good PR firm and/or marketing firm (get rid of Ben B, outsource his job) and change the whole upper management. This is the only way US will ever return to a good company
[post="234786"][/post]​

The difference is that CO probably had a great PR/Marketing team and labor relations. With US no matter how much things change, the more they stay the same. Something needs to be done. At best, the employee groups need to have new uniforms to raise moral. I am not sure if that will even work at this point.

vc10 said:
10 years ago Continental was considered one of the worst airlines in the world. Now it's considered to be one of the better carriers (though no one will confuse it with Singapore). That turnaround happened relatively quickly, in the course of about two years. What Continental went through wasn't that different from what US Airways is going through---the main difference is that it's happening to US Airways much faster. CO also went bankrupt twice, and almost three times.
[post="234794"][/post]​

They cooked their employees pretty good but not to the extent that U wants to and probably will. U may be one of the bad ones this day, but their answer to their dilema is to rid theirselves of their "seinority problem" and some of the best airline people around. Doesnt seem to make sense.

Back